X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Griff
    • Jul 2008

Draft which QB?

We all know about the big name QBs in the draft, but what about the guys we're more likely to end up with? Sean Canfield, Jevan Snead and Tony Pike. Which one of these guys do you like and why.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Draft which QB?

Originally posted by Griff
    We all know about the big name QBs in the draft, but what about the guys we're more likely to end up with? Sean Canfield, Jevan Snead and Tony Pike. Which one of these guys do you like and why.
    Pike looks like Bledsoe in appearance. Very tall, around 6-6 and a good arm. More mobile than you think. Very accurate and gets extremely hot at times. I really like the guy a lot and think he's a QB Gailey would like to work with. Keeps his eyes moving and progresses through his reads quickly.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

yeah i like pike quite a bit. i would rate snead behind him. but it seems snead will only get drafted high because of his rocket arm...

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

UB's new coach Jeff Quinn was Pikes coach in Cinci. I bet he could give Gailey an earfull on the guy.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          • Apr 2008

i thought Pike had a noodle arm.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Pike. Snead looked horrible this year and Canfield did not impress me at all. Pike had some ups and downs this year but can make decent throws and has fairly good pocket awareness. Consistency worries me with Pike.

Pike: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...d.php?t=174146

Canfield: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...d.php?t=184566

Snead: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...d.php?t=174134

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Pass on all those guys. Watch the Shrine Bowl on Saturday, look at Matt Nichols and John Skelton specifically, they have been the best QBs in practice all week and they could really have good games.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

Snead.
                He has the physical skills needed to play in Buffalo. He would be a good project for Gailey to work with. Will need a couple of years but with good coaching he will be a NFL starter somewhere eventually.
                If available in the 3rd/4th rd. I would like the pick.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

I like Snead. He imploded this year but he has all the tools. Could be a steal in the 3rd.

Comment

• methos4ever
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Pass on all those guys. Watch the Shrine Bowl on Saturday, look at Matt Nichols and John Skelton specifically, they have been the best QBs in practice all week and they could really have good games.
                    Nichols and his TE have been doing a heck of a lot better than Hall and Pitta to boot...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

I would say none of the above, but Pike looks to be the best of the lot. I watched Snead quite a bit this past season, and he looked like a disaster.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

No QBs this year are worth drafting high imo

Comment

• Griff
                          • Jul 2008

Pike looks pretty solid at this point

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by methos4ever
                            Nichols and his TE have been doing a heck of a lot better than Hall and Pitta to boot...
                            Somebody has been reading the practice reports!
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              I would say none of the above, but Pike looks to be the best of the lot. I watched Snead quite a bit this past season, and he looked like a disaster.
                              Im going to address this more in depth at another time but Houston Nutt has more to do with Snead's crappy season than many people are blaming him for. Nutt's offense put a lot of pressure on Snead to do everything, as the year wore on and some of that pressure was taken of Jevan he did much better. Keep in mind this was only his second full year of College Ball.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X