PDA

View Full Version : Just heard Brian Billick on Mike and Mike

LondonDrev
01-22-2010, 06:47 AM
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I'm still mad as hell that he didn't get an interview. As an analyst this past season, the guy is obviously still very much keyed in to trends in the NFL and what needs to be done to win. He just gave an analysis of the upcoming games and it just made me sad. We as fans deserved to have the opportunity to give this guy a chance.

Not to mention that he was actually interested in the job. Sucks to be a Bills fan.

Jan Reimers
01-22-2010, 06:57 AM
We all need to move forward.

zone
01-22-2010, 06:58 AM
I never wanted Billick.

We have a head coach now, there is no opportunity to give anyone else a chance.

Billick apparently didn't fit the bill of what Nix was looking for in a head coach.

Bulldog
01-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Billick is supposed to be an offensive minded coach. But I find it ironic that his teams in Baltimore won games despite their putrid offenses. I'm not all that impressed with Billick. The only thing promising with hiring Billick would have been that he would have put together a nice staff.

TedMock
01-22-2010, 07:18 AM
I actually like Billick and was hoping we'd talk to him, but I absolutely do not blame the Bills for essentially telling him to pi$$ off. Back in November or December he publicly commented on the Bills and said "why would anybody want to work for Buffalo?" I think the only reason he was interested was that there was nothing else out there. He went around putting a staff together figuring that even after publicly stating people wouldn't want to work here because he assumed we should call him. Talk about arrogance. Again, I like him, but all of this just screams of "I'll come coach your sad franchise, but if something better opens I'm outta here." We don't need that any more than we need another decade of losing. I still have pride.

better days
01-22-2010, 08:05 AM
I actually like Billick and was hoping we'd talk to him, but I absolutely do not blame the Bills for essentially telling him to pi$$ off. Back in November or December he publicly commented on the Bills and said "why would anybody want to work for Buffalo?" I think the only reason he was interested was that there was nothing else out there. He went around putting a staff together figuring that even after publicly stating people wouldn't want to work here because he assumed we should call him. Talk about arrogance. Again, I like him, but all of this just screams of "I'll come coach your sad franchise, but if something better opens I'm outta here." We don't need that any more than we need another decade of losing. I still have pride.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Ralph has said that he wanted to hire someone that wanted to coach in Buffalo. When Billick made that statement he killed any chance he had to be hired in Buffalo.

Beebe's Kid
01-22-2010, 08:16 AM
:deadhorse

Billick is to full of himself. He would come in here acting like he was going to save the city, and show all of these idiots how to do things...."make them kiss the ring, then tell them how I was #1 in offense and defense..." etc.

Nix sees a difficult situation, which requires some major shifting and shuffling, but more importantly a little cohesiveness.

Billick is a pompous a$$ that doen't play well with others. Nix didn't want to fight with the new HC, or be second guessed on every decision. There are many more issues that having an arrogant (to a fault) coach like Billick would cause, and I can't see him having worked out.

THRILLHO
01-22-2010, 08:19 AM
I wonder if Billick actually called, or tried to get an interview.

Mike in Syracuse
01-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Billick desperately wants to coach again yet the team that everyone mocks as being the "second worst if not the worst" place in the NFL didn't even give him an interview. They weren't even interested in interviewing him.

Think of how humbling and humiliating that has to be to a guy with Billick's ego.

RockStar36
01-22-2010, 08:23 AM
Billick needs to just shut his mouth and move on.

So what, the Bills didn't want him to be the coach. They have that right. And based on the number of interviews/jobs he has had since being in Baltimore, it looks like several teams feel the same way.

Raptor
01-22-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm willing to bet he doesnt sniff a HC'ing job for another 3-5 years. His ego doesnt match his coaching ability

Beebe's Kid
01-22-2010, 09:26 AM
If Buffalo is the 31st worst job in the league...it would appear he is the 33rd worst candidate for said job.