PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: Kevin Shenoy

northernbillfan
01-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Kevin Shenoy provided us with an insightful and humourous look at the coaching search and gazes into the crystal ball to forecast the future.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2010/01/22/one_fans_view_the_coaching_search_and_looking_ahead.php)

The Beginning of the 2009 Season

The day I heard that Dick Jauron was going to continue being the coach of the 2009 Bills, I thought I nearly died. He was the coach who went 2-8 on the back 10 with the easiest schedule he was going to face. He was the coach who went 0-6 in his own division, and he could not solve the 3-4 defense…ever.

The brass at the top of the organization have tried to stuff a lot of undesirable stuff down our throats in my 30+ years of life, but this was the last straw. This was a clear indication to me that the team was not serious about winning.

I had a couple ways that I could deal with this realization. One, I could climb to the top of a clock tower, open fire, and blame the world for being cursed to be born in a town that lets a billionaire welfare recipient define our town’s success and failure. The idea was immediately scrapped as I don’t like guns and really don’t like heights.

So my second option was to be grandly delusional for a better future and to be extremely bitter in the present condition. I found that when fans of other teams came up to me to talk smack, I couldn’t fake it anymore. My Giants friends would be like, “today is Scott Norwood day. I sat to the right of my chair.” Normally, I would rip into every annoying nuance of the Giants and why they were a hack team. I’d debase their Super Bowl wins as being lucky against the Broncos, totally outclassed and even luckier against the Bills, and somehow even more luckier against the Patriots. I’d do the same thing to the Patriot temp-fans, the Jet fans, Dolphin fans, etc. But now, I just was like, “I hate this team. I hate Ralph Wilson, I hate that I can’t even expect to watch an entertaining game on Sundays.”

These fans who usually got a kick out of the banter and my desire to stand by my team through everything were stunned. “Kevin, seriously? You always find something on why the team isn’t awful.” I would respond, “0-6 in the division, consistent MNF games with horrible outcomes. They don’t want to win, and as a result, I don’t care about them.” Then I’d go listen to “Masters of War” by Bob Dylan and instead of it being a scathing anthem about corrupt politicians, it was my personal feeling of Ralph Wilson’s apathy of fielding a winner.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2010/01/22/one_fans_view_the_coaching_search_and_looking_ahead.php)

BigZ
01-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Kevin should at least be brought in as our Quality Control Assistant for 2010!!!!

Cntrygal
01-22-2010, 01:04 PM
It's kinda sad. :(

Ingtar33
01-22-2010, 01:20 PM
that's pretty much where i am. The sad part is i see that exact same future for the franchise as well.

northernbillfan
01-22-2010, 03:22 PM
I hope his prognostication is wrong.

trapezeus
01-22-2010, 03:59 PM
i hope I'm wrong too.

it's jaded for sure, but i just don't see how much more time this team has unless they come out and say there is a plan.

If there was a plan, you would mention it. it's quite clear that that was a huge stumbling block for proven coaches. it's hard for proven players.

The only reason not to say it to get larger bids. And the fact that wilson doesn't live in buffalo makes it clear he doesn't care 1 way or another. I still don't udnerstand why the wilson family would poopoo taking $50MM a year with no debt and no issues than having to take a one time $800MM payment with half going to taxes.

The NFL is an annuity stream that really doesn't look to dry up any time soon.