PDA

View Full Version : Cowher on Rome

Beebe's Kid
01-22-2010, 01:01 PM
For anybody interested in Bill Cowher, he is going to be on Jim Rome in the upcoming hour.

Too bad Cowher doesn't take calls when the guest is on.

Novacane
01-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Let us know if Rome asks him if anything about the Bills trying to hire him

Beebe's Kid
01-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Let us know if Rome asks him if anything about the Bills trying to hire him

Yeah, they talked about it.

He was pretty PC, and I don't have a direct quote, but I'll paraphrase

He started by complimenting the fan base, and even brought up the great weather for the Colts game. He said he has a good job and he doesn't have to jump into anything.

Rome asked asked him if he wants to coach, and if he would just sit back and wait for the right job.

He mentioned Pittsburgh and said they were a great organization with a lot of people moving in the right direction. He then said that when he gets back into it, he wants to get into a well run organization, that is able to agree on the common goal, and be able to surrounded with all of the right people.

It was basically that he wasn't going to jump into a CF.

He, of course, game Gailey a ringing endorsement, and said that he thinks he will be able to get the team organized and moving in the right direction.

trapezeus
01-22-2010, 02:31 PM
so he said buffalo isn't serious about winning a championship, and my pal who i really like, Chan Gailey, is going to love coaching for this dysfunctional franchise?

sounds like the bills don't even know how to lie to the big names properly to get them here.

Ron Burgundy
01-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Who gives a **** what Bill Cowher thinks?

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Yeah **** Cowher in the ass! He is dead to me.

tampabay25690
01-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Didnt get to hear the show but I like ROME and he luvs the fans of Buffalo...

don137
01-22-2010, 03:41 PM
So Cowher is saying the Bills do not have all the pieces to build a winning franchise but its good enough for Gailey. Kind of like I don't want to date that girl because she is not good enough for me but hey my buddy is perfect for her.

TigerJ
01-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Well, it's kind obvious that they don't have all the right pieces at the moment. They have a dire need for players at certain positions, and they just fired their pro personnel guy. That doesn't mean they can't get all the pieces. It might take a couple years. Hopefully, Buddy Nix has the ability to identify the players we need and Gailey can hire the right staff, but you can't know until they actually do it.

Typ0
01-22-2010, 06:59 PM
I've been saying for years that mixed messages and lack of vision is what plagues this organization from the top down. Sounds like Cowher has the same opinion and wasn't interested in working here because of it.

Typ0
01-22-2010, 07:01 PM
There is a big difference....Cowher is gainfully employed and content with his job. Gailey was unemployed and looking for work. To use your analogy it's more like he's saying this girl isn't good enough to motivate me to dump my hot girlfriend but I will hook her up with my buddy.

So Cowher is saying the Bills do not have all the pieces to build a winning franchise but its good enough for Gailey. Kind of like I don't want to date that girl because she is not good enough for me but hey my buddy is perfect for her.

Beebe's Kid
01-22-2010, 08:55 PM
There is a big difference....Cowher is gainfully employed and content with his job. Gailey was unemployed and looking for work. To use your analogy it's more like he's saying this girl isn't good enough to motivate me to dump my hot girlfriend but I will hook her up with my buddy.

Not exactly true...he did mention watching games, and wanting to be on the sidelines...so it is a case of I am content with this hooker, you date my buddy, and I'll hold out for the hotter chick.

I just figured it would be interesting to hear what he has to say.

I have been thinking he could shove a red hot coat hanger up his pee-hole for a couple weeks now. When it became apparent that we weren't something he was excited to do, I say fock him.

:duel:parry and thrust

jamze132
01-23-2010, 03:10 AM
Dude, no one wanted to coach the Bills. Let's not get mad at Cowher.

better days
01-23-2010, 06:28 AM

The more I hear Chan & about him, the more I like him. Who knows, Shannahan & Cowher may both end their careers like Jimmy Johnson in Miami while Chan wins a Super Bowl in Buffalo.