PDA

View Full Version : Coles could be back in Bills mix… again

patmoran2006
01-22-2010, 01:20 PM
About a year ago the Buffalo Bills were attracted to then-free agent wide receiver Laveranues Coles. The former New York Jet visited Buffalo last March and the Bills were ponied up a contract offer. The sides couldn’t agree on terms and ultimately Coles inked a four-year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals on March 4.

Twelve months later the Bills and Coles may cross paths again. Buffalo is very likely to be in the market for a number two receiver and according to a Cincinnati beat writer, Coles is likely to be looking for employment

FULL STORY (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/coles-could-be-back-in-bills-mix-again/)

Mudflap1
01-22-2010, 01:22 PM
:rofl: Was he any good in Cincinnati this year?

2Smooth
01-22-2010, 01:22 PM
no thanks

Jaybird
01-22-2010, 01:30 PM
he showed nothing with the bengals this past season

Don't Panic
01-22-2010, 01:33 PM
If he came cheap and we knew we were going to get anything out of Hardy, he would be a good fit. Upgrade over Reed, even with the season he just had. He is a disciplined route runner, and although he's past his peak physically, he's the kind of receiver that can get it done in his later years. Problem is, we'd need to be confident in Hardy to make it work... and it's hard to say we are at this stage of the game.

Mahdi
01-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Can we please develop our own talent. Hardy and Johnson could have had a lot of experience by now if it weren't for a conservative coaching staff that have nightmares about giving young guys a shot.

LC is nothing special and would only prevent the development of our youth.

wmoz11
01-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Awful w/ Carson Palmer= Good with Edwards/whomever?

We have to find out what we have with Hardy and Johnson.

psubills62
01-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Can we please develop our own talent. Hardy and Johnson could have had a lot of experience by now if it weren't for a conservative coaching staff that have nightmares about giving young guys a shot.

LC is nothing special and would only prevent the development of our youth.

Completely agree. I wouldn't mind getting him as purely a slot receiver (if Reed leaves). Hardy and Johnson deserve some playing time.

I want to see a coaching staff that finally understands that we need to develop the young talent in order to win.

Don't Panic
01-22-2010, 01:39 PM
IF Johnson is going to pan out, he's going to need a year as a situational receiver. I can't see him being productive the first year he sees the field (which would be the upcoming season). We're going to need someone to fill the slot for a year or two until he's ready to become the #3.

DrGraves
01-22-2010, 02:17 PM
No.

The Spaz
01-22-2010, 02:27 PM
The guy was a total choad this year!

zone
01-22-2010, 02:28 PM
IF Johnson is going to pan out, he's going to need a year as a situational receiver. I can't see him being productive the first year he sees the field (which would be the upcoming season). We're going to need someone to fill the slot for a year or two until he's ready to become the #3.
Not true, with plenty of rookie WR's over the last few years producing right out of the gate, there is no reason Johnson who has been around for 2 years can not be productive.

Mitchell55
01-22-2010, 02:53 PM
He had 5 TDs this year. Same with TO, I think that hed be a good slot WR for us. If you remember Chris Henry and 85 were the WRs and Coles was purely slot.

trapezeus
01-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Thank god our FO didn't take their eye off the "old washed up WR that no one else wants" marketing angle. I can't wait to get my coles jersey.

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2010, 03:01 PM
He had 5 TDs this year. Same with TO, I think that hed be a good slot WR for us. If you remember Chris Henry and 85 were the WRs and Coles was purely slot.
Henry was the 4th receiver all year Mitchell. I had him in fantasy and kept a close eye on him. Andre Caldwell was ahead of Henry even.

Night Train
01-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Oh goodie. T.O lite

Enough smoke and mirrors !

ddaryl
01-22-2010, 03:18 PM
we definitley need to develope our own

and I'd rather keep T.O. then bring in Coles

Tatonka
01-22-2010, 03:27 PM

henry was only on the field in 3 wr sets.. coles was the 2nd wr the whole season.. he jsut wasnt good.

DraftBoy
01-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Pass.

TigerJ
01-22-2010, 03:54 PM
I do want the Bills to find out what they have in Johnson and Hardy. That may not preclude the Bills signing a free agent like Coles, but I would want them to split up the time that the receivers are on the field. Owens had signed a fairy big money deal for the Bills and the team kind of felt obligated to keep him on the field. That clearly cost the younger receivers. It turns out it didn't matter all that much because the QBs were so putrid, but the Bills do need to develop their younger talent.

YardRat
01-22-2010, 05:18 PM
We're going to miss Reed, if he goes. Unless Hardy/Johnson can really elevate their game.

jamze132
01-23-2010, 03:32 AM
Since we have a new regime, I am hoping that they let the WRs they currently have play all damn season. I would like to add a LT through FA and the draft as well as another receiver. But I wouldn't bring any in through FA.