PDA

View Full Version : What Chargers will make it to FA?

Mitchell55
01-22-2010, 06:32 PM
FA- Sproles, Floyd, Jackson, McNiel, and Merriman

Which will make it to free agency? We can use each 1 of them

Slim
01-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Hopefully McNiel will make it to free agency.. Merriman will absolutly make it.

gonzo1105
01-22-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm wondering if they dont just cut Jamaal Williams. I know he is the anchor of their defense but he is 34 now and on his last legs and he has a big salary. I wonder if they do that to keep most of their other FA's

YardRat
01-22-2010, 06:51 PM
All will be RFA's.

elltrain22
01-22-2010, 10:31 PM
I just don't see us spending big money. McNeil, IMO, def' isn't going anywhere. We probably have as much chance at getting McNeil as we did getting Cowher. Merriman we might entertain the idea but w/ Dallas & Washington we'll never outbid them, and you know they'll make a play; they always do. Jackson will stay IMO, and while Floyd is realistic I have to question is he just another Josh Reed.

Mitchell55
01-23-2010, 12:43 AM
I just don't see us spending big money. McNeil, IMO, def' isn't going anywhere. We probably have as much chance at getting McNeil as we did getting Cowher. Merriman we might entertain the idea but w/ Dallas & Washington we'll never outbid them, and you know they'll make a play; they always do. Jackson will stay IMO, and while Floyd is realistic I have to question is he just another Josh Reed.

Reed is a 5-10 slot possession WR. Floyd is a 6-5, outside, jump ball WR

Buddo
01-23-2010, 02:55 AM
If they are all RFA's, then quite possibly, none of them.
What will be the actual FA market, is quite possibly going to be very small indeed this year. A lot of the people who were assumed to be being UFA's, with no new CBA, will now be RFA's.
I've already seen something on Rotoworld, that is saying the Chargers are expected to place the High tender on McNeil, (prior to sorting out a new deal) meaning it would be a 1st and 3rd to actually get him.
If all of those guys mentioned above are to be RFAs, as opposed to UFAs, then it won't come as a surprise to see most of them get tendered. It would be foolish not to tbh. That way, you can guarantee getting yourself a pick that suits, even if you may not necessarily have wanted them gone. Also, you can be getting yourself something for someone who you didn't necessarily feel you needed, at minimum cost.
Expect to see some very mediocre RFAs, tendered this off season, for that very same reason.

kernowboy
01-23-2010, 04:46 AM
I think both Merriman and Floyd will hit the market.

Dallas, with Spencer and Ware will not give Merriman the starting gig he would want, whilst Washington will be a threat but will they actually run a 3-4 considering the money they already have in Haynesworth.

Merriman's links to Nix may well help

Buddo
01-23-2010, 05:16 AM
Assuming they are all RFAs, as opposed to FAs, I doubt that any of McNeil, Floyd or Merriman will actually 'hit the market'.
It simply doesn't make good business sense. The Chargers only need to give them the high tender, and an awful lot of teams will be put off.
I can see where Merriman might well be moved on, but the Chargers aren't going to do so without getting something for him. Expect most of these guys to get tendered. What tender it is, will be hard to tell - much will depend on where they were picked in the first place - but tendered they will be.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-23-2010, 05:22 AM
I expect washington to make a unreal splash in the fa market. they are going to sign everyone....

YardRat
01-23-2010, 05:39 AM
There are 212 (or 221, I forget which) players this off season that would have been UFA's, but will now be RFA's...that's a huge # considering there are less than 1800 players total. Quality UFA's are going to be few and far between, and it isn't going to be as much about the money as it is about the draft picks. If Snyder wants to throw a ton of money at a bunch of has-beens and rejects, though, I hope he goes for it.

jamze132
01-23-2010, 05:52 AM
We better have a hell of a draft again...

Buddo
01-23-2010, 05:55 AM
There are 212 (or 221, I forget which) players this off season that would have been UFA's, but will now be RFA's...that's a huge # considering there are less than 1800 players total. Quality UFA's are going to be few and far between, and it isn't going to be as much about the money as it is about the draft picks. If Snyder wants to throw a ton of money at a bunch of has-beens and rejects, though, I hope he goes for it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81561ba1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Right first time - 212.

While it's fun to come up with ideas for the off-season, FA etc. they do need to have some semblance to reality, otherwise they might just as well head off into the Spam forum, as there is no chance of them happening.

more cowbell
01-23-2010, 03:08 PM
no way vinny J leaves San Diego AJ Smith as a man crush on him.

This year or next both LT and Merriman will be gone

Luisito23
01-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah, Jackson is not going anywhere, he's the only good WR that the Chargers have, plus he's young.