X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Lets get Dean Pees for DC

It was suggested on this board before but at the time it was a lock that he was going to join Mcdaniels in Denver. That appears to have changed as the Broncos are going with Martindale as their DC.

Pees is a hybrid guy and knows how to keep offenses out of the endzone. They are always in the top 10 in points allowed and he would bring a very active and exotic defense as well as some inside info on the Pats and Belichick.

Though it initially appeared that the Broncos would replace defensive coordinator Mike Nolan with former Pats defensive coordinator Dean Pees, the Denver Post reports that Broncos linebackers coach Don Martindale "appears to be the choice" for the job.
    Last edited by Mahdi; 01-23-2010, 11:20 AM.
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Lets get Dean Pees for DC

talk about setting up for urine jokes.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
      talk about setting up for urine jokes.
      At least he doesn't have Jauron's first name.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Pees is in the mix for the Buffalo job

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
          • Feb 2009

excellent... the guy is a good DC
          "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• cbatl32
            • Jan 2010

If we hire Bates instead of Pees, I am going to be very upset. But, knowing our organization, we'll go with Bates since Gailey has a previous relationship with him. Heaven forbid we bring in someone with different views.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

He has experience, and some success with the position. That's great.

Apparently, as cbat pointed out, no previous tie to Gailey. That's bad.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

He's 60 which means he meets the age requirements!

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

This is my absolute number 1 candidate. Fits the mold for being a good teacher, knows the Pats and the division and is flexiable in his defensive looks.

Comment

Bates might actually be the better hire.

Sticking with the 4-3 might be better option especially if we are more aggressive .... the 3-4 is not ideally designed to stop the run, and run defence was the big issue last season.

Bates prefers to use the ends attack whilst having the tackles stand firm at the line of scrimmage and uses speedy linebackers. This could certainly be beneficial to the development of Palmer and Harris, and Bates developed Thomas and Taylor at Miami bringing hope he could bring Maybin on.

He's considered fiery, demanding, energetic, yet fair and hands-on. Give him a couple of big DTs which he didn't have in Tampa and I think he'd be a good DC

Pees has a good reputation with the Pats but how much of that was following Belichicks' lead?

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                      At least he doesn't have Jauron's first name.

I wish he did.. it would be great fun to have extedned conversations about Dick Pees

Comment

• jaycorp51
                        • Mar 2005

I'd be interested in bringing him in over Bates for sure. Keep Catavolos and Sanders on board too.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                          \

Sticking with the 4-3 might be better option especially if we are more aggressive .... the 3-4 is not ideally designed to stop the run, and run defence was the big issue last season.

I disagree with this statement. the 3-4 can be extremly effective against the run

and the 4-3 can suck against the run just look at our own D

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                            Bates prefers to use the ends attack whilst having the tackles stand firm at the line of scrimmage and uses speedy linebackers. This could certainly be beneficial to the development of Palmer and Harris, and Bates developed Thomas and Taylor at Miami bringing hope he could bring Maybin on.
                            I would think Maybin would be the key to making a hybrid D work, as he would hopefully develop into the every down DE/OLB that is instrumental in having a hybrid. We'd still need a big guy for the center of the trenches... not necessarily a true NT, but someone bigger than what is on the roster now.

Pees could be the perfect answer to the question of how do we alter the defense without completely switching schemes and therefore require bringing in lots of new personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpetbagger
                              I would think Maybin would be the key to making a hybrid D work, as he would hopefully develop into the every down DE/OLB that is instrumental in having a hybrid. We'd still need a big guy for the center of the trenches... not necessarily a true NT, but someone bigger than what is on the roster now.

Pees could be the perfect answer to the question of how do we alter the defense without completely switching schemes and therefore require bringing in lots of new personnel.
                              Linval Joseph, East Carolina Pirates 6ft6 332lbs .. possible 4th rounder?

Comment

Working...
                              X