PDA

View Full Version : Vic Caruci on shred and regan

evdawg419
01-23-2010, 11:17 PM
http://www.wedg.com/goout.asp?u=/article.asp?id=1665943

He said that getting a coach open to a 3-4 was almost as important as a coach with an offensive background. He said he heard this from people very high in the organization and they saw it as the easiest way to have a successful defense in the NFL. So I think this can hopefully put an end to the Bates rumors.

Also, with talk of the needs for a NT for a 3-4, look at recent FA signees by the bills.
<table><tbody><tr class=" loop-odd "><td class="col-jersey" rel="98">98 </td> <td class="col-name"> Harvey, Lonnie (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/Lonnie-Harvey/832dd75a-aae1-41d4-bf89-79e673d8e892) </td> <td class="col-position">DT</td> <td class="col-height">6-3</td> <td class="col-weight">342</td> <td class="col-bd">
</td> <td class="col-exp" rel="00">
</td> <td class="col-college">Morgan State
</td></tr></tbody></table><table><tbody><tr class=" loop-even"><td class="col-jersey" rel="72">72 </td> <td class="col-name"> Duncan, Rashaad (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/Rashaad-Duncan/10fe5520-ee6d-41aa-ada9-4c6cfcaf38f4) </td> <td class="col-position">DT</td> <td class="col-height">6-2</td> <td class="col-weight">315</td> <td class="col-bd">
</td><td class="col-exp" rel="00">
</td> <td class="col-college">Pittsburgh</td></tr></tbody></table>
...not the typical size DTs we are used to seeing.

hydro
01-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Bates uses big DTs from what I have read.

YardRat
01-23-2010, 11:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoxFwVxpwAM

ByrdsTheWord
01-23-2010, 11:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoxFwVxpwAM

And how do these drills relate to DT in the NFL?

YardRat
01-23-2010, 11:48 PM
And how do these drills relate to DT in the NFL?

Ummmm....double-check my post, sparky. It's simply a link to his workout day, with no judgement or comment included.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-23-2010, 11:50 PM
yeah pretty much seals it, well everyone make sure ur mock drafts are for the 34...

ByrdsTheWord
01-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Ummmm....double-check my post, sparky. It's simply a link to his workout day, with no judgement or comment included.

OK. Since you posted his workout day on this forum, you're obviously endorsing this dude. Why would you post video of somebody you don't care about?

Please don't call me sparky. It sounds a bit..."m'ehh" Ya know what i mean?

hydro
01-23-2010, 11:55 PM
OK. Since you posted his workout day on this forum, you're obviously endorsing this dude. Why would you post video of somebody you don't care about?

Ok. Since you are attacking a post that simply has a video you are obviously making something out of nothing. What is the point of making a big deal about a freaking link to a video of the player?

And you mean your a homophobe??? :idunno:

YardRat
01-23-2010, 11:57 PM

You're obviously mistaken.

I posted the link simply to add information to the thread for other viewers/posters. If I had wanted to endorse him, I would have posted a comment as well.

Don't act like sparky, and I won't call you sparky.

evdawg419
01-23-2010, 11:58 PM
I have no idea what Harvey means or even if he is even in their plans. I just said he was a bigger tackle than what we were normally getting and it may correlate.

My main point was that Carucci was pretty confident in the switch to the 3-4

ByrdsTheWord
01-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Ok. Since you are attacking a post that simply has a video you are obviously making something out of nothing. What is the point of making a big deal about a freaking link to a video of the player?

And you mean your a homophobe??? :idunno:

Not really a homophobe. Who you choose to date is none of my business. Just find it awkward to come out of the closet in a Bills forum.

BillsWin
01-24-2010, 01:11 AM
IMO we could be very successful in Buffalo if we were to implement Gailey's run first mentality, shore up the o-line and switch to a 3-4.

BillsWin
01-24-2010, 01:12 AM
IMO we could be very successful in Buffalo if we were to implement Gailey's run first mentality, shore up the o-line and switch to a 3-4.

BillsWin
01-24-2010, 01:12 AM

Buddo
01-24-2010, 04:19 AM
Can I have one of those 'repeat' buttons please? ;)

kernowboy
01-24-2010, 04:42 AM
I have no idea what Harvey means or even if he is even in their plans. I just said he was a bigger tackle than what we were normally getting and it may correlate.

My main point was that Carucci was pretty confident in the switch to the 3-4

and prettty confident our HC wouldn't be Galley