• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Official Senior Bowl Thread

Current Rosters: http://www.seniorbowl.com/rosters.asp

These will be finally filled out tomorrow.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Official Senior Bowl Thread

5 Players to Watch: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan...h-senior-bowl/

Brandon Graham Article: http://www.freep.com/article/2010012...on-U-Ms-Graham

QB Jarrett Brown going to the Senior Bowl: http://www.timeswv.com/wvu_sports/lo...022014405.html
    COMING SOON...

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

That's a list of the weigh-ins. I saw it a couple minutes ago, and they only had the QB's listed so far.

For those interested (I know some people before were arguing about Tebow's weight), Tebow measured at 6'2 3/4" and 236 pounds, according to that link.

Also, according to rotoworld, Terrence Cody measured in at 6'4", 370 pounds and 11.25" hands. Taylor Mays came in at 6'3", 230 pounds.
      Last edited by psubills62; 01-25-2010, 02:49 PM.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...s/Weigh-In.php

That's a list of the weigh-ins. I saw it a couple minutes ago, and they only had the QB's listed so far.

For those interested (I know some people before were arguing about Tebow's weight), Tebow measured at 6'2 3/4" and 236 pounds, according to that link.

Also, according to rotoworld, Terrence Cody measured in at 6'4", 370 pounds and 11.25" hands. Taylor Mays came in at 6'3", 230 pounds.
        I knew Tebow would be below 240...

Cody coming in at 370 is going to hurt him, he better show some agility in drills.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Also, according to rotoworld, Terrence Cody measured in at 6'4", 370 pounds and 11.25" hands.
          If he's still 370 come the combine or proday he won't be going in the top 10. That's going to hurt him a lot.

Tebow coming in under 6'3" and 240 doesn't surprise me
          Last edited by Ingtar33; 01-25-2010, 01:43 PM.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Rotoworld just listed Mardy Gilyard as 5'11 1/2" and 179 pounds. That's pretty dang light.

Also according to rotoworld:

Anthony Dixon measured in at 6'1", 245 lbs., and it's apparently not much fat.

Mike Iupati: 6'5", 325 lbs., 35" arms and 10 3/8" hands.

EDIT: Brandon Graham came in at 6'1", 263 lbs. with 30.5" arms.

Never mind, maybe instead of parroting all of the blurbs from rotoworld, you can read for yourself:

Last edited by psubills62; 01-25-2010, 02:51 PM.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Rotoworld just listed Mardy Gilyard as 5'11 1/2" and 179 pounds. That's pretty dang light.

Also according to rotoworld:

Anthony Dixon measured in at 6'1", 245 lbs., and it's apparently not much fat.

Mike Iupati: 6'5", 325 lbs., 35" arms and 10 3/8" hands.

EDIT: Brandon Graham came in at 6'1", 263 lbs. with 30.5" arms.

Never mind, maybe instead of parroting all of the blurbs from rotoworld, you can read for yourself:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-analysis.html
              If Dixon is pure muscle as is being widely reported at 245, and can run a sub 4.55 he will become a top 3 RB prospect. Not many people saw him down at Starkville, but this kid is a tough as nails runner, who legs never stop.

Graham came in heavier than I thought.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                If Dixon is pure muscle as is being widely reported at 245, and can run a sub 4.55 he will become a top 3 RB prospect. Not many people saw him down at Starkville, but this kid is a tough as nails runner, who legs never stop.

I like Dixon. But he seems to be more of a N-S runner, and may not run that fast. He reminds me of Najeh Davenport.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

They only have a total of 6 OT's? And one of them, Chris Scott, will probably play at G.

Lots of good T's to watch. Capers, Beadles, Black top my favorites... Sam Young is 6' 7"!

Should be good.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                    • Feb 2004

Dixon looks like Travis Henry to me.
                    Luved watching him play and will be a solid PRO...
                    He likes to hit as a RB
                    GO Gators!!!!!!
                    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                      I like Dixon. But he seems to be more of a N-S runner, and may not run that fast. He reminds me of Najeh Davenport.
                      That's exactly what a RB should be N-S only, not E-W.

His 40 time will determine a lot for him, I agree. I dont see Davenport, I see Jamal Lewis potential.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ferrygoat
                        • Feb 2005

I knew Tebow would be below 240...

Cody coming in at 370 is going to hurt him, he better show some agility in drills.
                        Doubt he'll be very agile

Last edited by Ferrygoat; 01-25-2010, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

CODY reminds me of Glenn Dorsey a few years ago played on a great team and a bit overrated....
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Ferrygoat
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                            CODY reminds me of Glenn Dorsey a few years ago played on a great team and a bit overrated....
                            I think he can be a stud, but being that big and out of shape he can only give u so many quality snaps a game

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Courtesy of DraftDaddy.com;
                              DD Monday Afternoon: South practice:

Conditions at Fairhope were pleasant: mid-60's, sunny, stiff breeze from the west. As the offense was installing and inconsistent, the biggest crowd reaction of the day was when Alabama HC Nick Saban arrived. Saban graciously signed autographs for the kids.
                              Offense:

Ole Miss RB #22 Dexter McCluster played like a star today. He exploded through the line and was able to exploit tiny holes for big gains. Easy to imagine him doing the same at the next level.

Oklahoma State QB #10 Zac Robinson was a smooth operator, throwing timely and tight sprials. Robinson was able to connect with UAB WR #5 Joe Webb on the deepest pass of the session.

Florida QB #15 Tim Tebow had an up-and-down session. Pro: play-action fake leading to connection with Ole Miss WR #3 Shay Hodge during 9-on-7's. Cons: trouble with center exchange, a long windup and inaccuracy.

Tulane WR #20 Jeremy Williams made outstanding catches on a several tough balls.

Mississippi State RB #24 Anthony Dixon excelled in both running and blocking. He dominated the blitz pick-up drill and was a thumper as a lead blocker.

Southern California RB #13 Stefon Johnson displayed good vision and cut-back, but was a little tentative, which is understandable.

Ole Miss OT #77 John Jerry received tons of attention from the Dolphins coaching staff. His appeal to power-running teams is apparent.

Southern California OC #53 Jeff Byers was a technician in drills, displaying top footwork. Defenders were seen cutting back in line to find more favorable matchups in "The Pit."

Arkansas OL #66 Mitch Petrus was a go-getter; he had quick feet and a nose for contact.

Operating at right guard, Baylor OL J.D. Walton opened up big holes during 9-on-7 drills.
                              Defense:

Alabama DT #62 Terrence Cody was an immovable object at the point of attack. Cody didn't push the pocket but will not give ground. In better shape he has unique potential.

South Florida DE #95 George Selvie couldn't be handled by the South tackles. Selvie displayed the first step and balance required of N.F.L. ends. Selvie made an impact in both run and pass situations.

Auburn DE #52 Antonio Coleman also was a menace in pass rush drills, displaying good hand fighting and aggression.

Florida State DB #23 Patrick Robinson is sticky in bump-and-run and had several pass break-ups.

Alabama DB #28 Javier Arenas displayed polished ball skills and exceptional awareness.

Interceptions were recorded by South Florida DB Nate Allen and Oklahoma State cornerback Perrish Cox. Cox's play was pretty; he read the route and broke on the ball with urgency.

Florida State LB #36 Dakota Watson isn't the biggest but he can lay the wood. Recorded the most violent hit of the session.

Troy DE #90 Brandon Lang and East Carolina DE #93 C.J. Wilson both won battles using superior leverage and drive. Lang was also stout defeating trap blocks.

Southern California DB #21 Taylor Mays is a rare bird: a linebacker who runs like a defensive back. He was not tested by the South QB's.

DD Monday Morning: Weigh-in notes:

As a group the players continue to get in better shape from year-to-year. This year there were far more impressive players than unimpressive ones.
                              Heaviest & Largest Hands: Terrance Cody, Alabama: 370, 11 1/4".
                              Tallest: Sam Young, Notre Dame: 6'7" & 1/2.
                              Longest Arms: Mike Iupati, Idaho: 35".

10 Players that may have helped their stock:

DB Taylor Mays, USC: 6'3" 235: Perfect physical specimen.

TE Jimmy Graham, Miami: 6'6" 259: 6'8" might have been too tall.

TE Anthony McCoy, USC: 6'4" 249: Gained 2" from listed height.

DL Alex Carrington, Arkansas St: 6'5" 284, 10 1/2" hands: Solid frame.

DB Kyle Wilson, Boise St: 5'10" 190: Built for speed.

LB Sean Weatherspoon Missouri: 6'0" 241: On the verge of a big week?

WR Shay Hodge, Ole Miss: 6'1" 208: Lean and cut.

LB Donald Butler, Washington: 6'1" 244: Stocky but strong.

RB Roy Upchurch, Alabama: 5'11", 210: Looked in top shape.

DB Chris Cook, Virginia: 6'1" 212: Well-conditioned.

5 Players that may have hurt their stock:

DT Terrence Cody, Alabama: 6'4", 370: Sloppy, will have to turn it around by combine.

OT Ciron Black, LSU: 6'4" 331: Could have been in better shape.

DT Jeff Owens, Georgia: 6'1" 304: Undersized, sloppy.

QB Tim Tebow, Florida: 6'2 1/2" 236: Average appearance, a little short.

LB Antonio Coleman, Auburn: Good shape but lost 1.5" on listed height.

DD.comment: In years past there were players who did not impress at the weigh-ins but played great between the lines; it is realistic to expect that type of performance from these 5 players. Off to Fairhope and South practice this afternoon.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X