PDA

View Full Version : All-Sleeper Team

DraftBoy
01-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Give me one guy per position that you consider to be a sleeper in the upcoming draft. This will be fun to find in a 2 or 3 years and see who nailed a few of them.

QB-Matt Nichols-Eastern Washington
RB-Pat Paschal-North Dakota State
FB-Clay Harbor-Missouri State
WR-Marcus Easley-UConn
TE-Jeff Cumberland
OT-Derek Hardman-EKU
OG-Marshall Newhouse-TCU
OC-AJ Trump-Miami
DE-Jammie Kirlew-Indiana
DT-Al Woods-LSU
OLB-Justin Cole-SJSU
ILB-Vincent Rey-Duke
CB-AJ Wallace-Penn State
FS-Jeromy Miles-UMass
SS-Aaron Webster-Cincinnati

A sleeper is a guy who is expected to be picked in Round 5 or later.

X-Era
01-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Give me one guy per position that you consider to be a sleeper in the upcoming draft. This will be fun to find in a 2 or 3 years and see who nailed a few of them.

QB-Matt Nichols-Eastern Washington
RB-Pat Paschal-North Dakota State
FB-Clay Harbor-Missouri State
WR-Marcus Easley-UConn
TE-Jeff Cumberland
OT-Derek Hardman-EKU
OG-Marshall Newhouse-TCU
OC-AJ Trump-Miami
DE-Jammie Kirlew-Indiana
DT-Al Woods-LSU
OLB-Justin Cole-SJSU
ILB-Vincent Rey-Duke
CB-AJ Wallace-Penn State
FS-Jeromy Miles-UMass
SS-Aaron Webster-Cincinnati

:clap:

Id also add:

OT- Kevin Haslam- Rut
WR- Antonio Brown- Cent Mich
RB- Dmitri Nance- Ari St
OT- Kyle Jolly- UNC
DT- Kade Weston- Geor
CB- Devin McCourty- Rut

YardRat
01-24-2010, 12:21 PM
QB-Levi Brown-Troy
RB-Keith Toston-Oklahoma State
FB-Richard Dickson-LSU
WR-Joe Webb-UAB
TE-Jim Dray-Stanford
OT-Thomas Welch-Vanderbilt
OG-Marshall Newhouse-TCU
OC-Eric Cook-New Mexico
DE-Clifton Geathers, South Carolina
DT-Cam Thomas-North Carolina
OLB-Justin Cole-San Jose State
ILB-Joe Pawelek-Baylor
CB-Chris Hawkins-LSU
FS-Brad Phillips-Northwestern
SS-Myron Rolle-Florida State

DraftBoy
01-24-2010, 01:38 PM
QB-Levi Brown-Troy
RB-Keith Toston-Oklahoma State
FB-Richard Dickson-LSU
WR-Joe Webb-UAB
TE-Jim Dray-Stanford
OT-Thomas Welch-Vanderbilt
OG-Marshall Newhouse-TCU
OC-Eric Cook-New Mexico
DE-Clifton Geathers, South Carolina
DT-Cam Thomas-North Carolina
OLB-Justin Cole-San Jose State
ILB-Joe Pawelek-Baylor
CB-Chris Hawkins-LSU
FS-Brad Phillips-Northwestern
SS-Myron Rolle-Florida State

I really like Toston, Geathers, and Thomas. Those three guys could be great pickups!

Ingtar33
01-24-2010, 02:34 PM
sleeper as in goes high when he shouldn't? or sleeper as in goes high because he should but no one is talking about him?

I'll give you a list of guys who'll go high, whether they deserve it or not because of my guesses at how teams will draft.

Javen Snead - QB (looks like a pro QB as long as you ignore where he choses to throw the ball)
Joique Bell - RB (has a gliding stride, and fantastic balance, for a D2 guy he has a chance to go pretty high ~2nd round maybe? the trick will be how fast he runs in the combine, and how good he does at the senior bowl, my only issue with him is he might run too up and down, but you can't deny the kid's shiftiness and balance, both are elite. If he doesn't run well he might not get drafted)
Carlton Mitchell - WR (plays with size and speed, if this kids combine numbers show 6'4" and 4.4 he'll be a late first rounder/early 2nd)
Nathan Overbay - TE (an offensive weapon who should be able to play at the next level. Not an amazing guy in the 3 point stance, not a great blocker, watch him surprise most draft watchers and go in round 3 or 4)
Jared Veldheer - OT (raw, but his physical tools will make nfl scouts drool. This D2 star could probably come right in and start for the Bills at right tackle, but that's not saying much. look for him to go round 3 or even round 2. if his combine backs up some numbers i found online, he might even slide into round 1)
Corey Wootton - DE (the Kid is made to play DE for a 3-4 defense, which means he'll go in round 1, needs to get stronger, I liked his first step)
Torrell Troup - NT/DT (monstrously strong, inside block eater, would make a solid NT at the next level, probably will go in round 2)
Daryl Washington - ILB (not a huge fan of his size, but the kid is fast and swarms the ball. watch him sneak up the draft board before it's all said and done, maybe into the 2nd round)
Sean Weatherspoon - OLB (no one's talking about him, from what i've seen it will be a crime if this kid goes any lower then round 1. He reminds me a LOT of Sam Cowart)
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - DB (he'll go in the top 3 rounds, good size and speed, good hands. I'm not sold on him as a CB, but as a FS he'd be a great pickup)

JCBills
01-24-2010, 03:02 PM
DT - Torrell Troup - UCF - Can anchor at NT, good size, exceptional lower body strength, plays low.

DE - C.J. Wilson - ECU - Ideal 4-3 LE. Stout against the run, good pass rush ability for the strong side.

psubills62
01-24-2010, 03:45 PM
sleeper as in goes high when he shouldn't? or sleeper as in goes high because he should but no one is talking about him?

I'll give you a list of guys who'll go high, whether they deserve it or not because of my guesses at how teams will draft.

I think you're using an exact opposite definition of "sleeper." Sleepers are usually late-round guys who will end up being really good. Termed, I believe, because a lot of teams end up "sleeping" on them and passing them over until rounds 5, 6, or 7.

DraftBoy
01-24-2010, 03:50 PM

Javen Snead - QB (looks like a pro QB as long as you ignore where he choses to throw the ball)
Joique Bell - RB (has a gliding stride, and fantastic balance, for a D2 guy he has a chance to go pretty high ~2nd round maybe? the trick will be how fast he runs in the combine, and how good he does at the senior bowl, my only issue with him is he might run too up and down, but you can't deny the kid's shiftiness and balance, both are elite. If he doesn't run well he might not get drafted)
Carlton Mitchell - WR (plays with size and speed, if this kids combine numbers show 6'4" and 4.4 he'll be a late first rounder/early 2nd)
Nathan Overbay - TE (an offensive weapon who should be able to play at the next level. Not an amazing guy in the 3 point stance, not a great blocker, watch him surprise most draft watchers and go in round 3 or 4)
Jared Veldheer - OT (raw, but his physical tools will make nfl scouts drool. This D2 star could probably come right in and start for the Bills at right tackle, but that's not saying much. look for him to go round 3 or even round 2. if his combine backs up some numbers i found online, he might even slide into round 1)
Corey Wootton - DE (the Kid is made to play DE for a 3-4 defense, which means he'll go in round 1, needs to get stronger, I liked his first step)
Torrell Troup - NT/DT (monstrously strong, inside block eater, would make a solid NT at the next level, probably will go in round 2)
Daryl Washington - ILB (not a huge fan of his size, but the kid is fast and swarms the ball. watch him sneak up the draft board before it's all said and done, maybe into the 2nd round)
Sean Weatherspoon - OLB (no one's talking about him, from what i've seen it will be a crime if this kid goes any lower then round 1. He reminds me a LOT of Sam Cowart)
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - DB (he'll go in the top 3 rounds, good size and speed, good hands. I'm not sold on him as a CB, but as a FS he'd be a great pickup)

How about a list of guys that will go after Round 5 that could surprise. Though I really like your list of unheralded players that could go higher than projected. That will be another All-Team.

Ingtar33
01-24-2010, 11:15 PM

by who?

link me someplace and I'll make a list.

for example, anyone who's seen Naaman Roosevelt play for the Bulls wouldn't say he's a 5th round or lower pick. They'd say the kid will probably be a 4th or higher. How is he rated? He didn't make my sleeper list because i figure no one would have him that low to start with.

I just went with guys i'm not seeing talked about anywhere.

clumping platelets
01-24-2010, 11:20 PM
TE Jesse Rack - Buffalo

DraftBoy
01-25-2010, 07:30 AM
by who?

link me someplace and I'll make a list.

for example, anyone who's seen Naaman Roosevelt play for the Bulls wouldn't say he's a 5th round or lower pick. They'd say the kid will probably be a 4th or higher. How is he rated? He didn't make my sleeper list because i figure no one would have him that low to start with.

I just went with guys i'm not seeing talked about anywhere.

Well by you, if you feel as low he will go lower, than there is nobody here who is going to argue with you, unless you list a lock like Suh, or McCoy. Roosevelt is a tweener, he had a mediocre E-W Shrine Game week of practices and had issues with drops, without elite size or speed, he may have dropped a little in the eyes of scouts.

There is a pretty good site though, imo: CBSSports.com

Uses NFLDraftScout.com's ratings, which includes current round value. That's what I used for a couple of positions.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings -Via this site Roosevelt is a 5th-6th Round prospect. Not saying its 100% accurate and I think Roosevelt is closer to a 4th Rounder, but at least its a barometer of some sorts.

PECKERWOOD
01-29-2010, 10:35 PM
QB - Dan LeFevour (Central Michigan)
RB - Stafon Johnson (USC)
H-Back/FB - Dorin Dickerson (Pittsburgh)
WR - Riley Cooper (Florida ..... Shay Hodge out of Ole Miss was 2nd on my list)
TE - Ed Dickson (Oregon)
OT - Matt Kopa (Stanford)
OG - John Jerry (Ole Miss)
OC - Josh McNeil (Tennessee)
DE - George Selvie (South Florida, he could play as OLB in the 3-4, yessir.)
DT - Geno Atkins (Georgia, he is undersized but still a football player.)
OLB - Dekoda Watson (Florida state, I like him)
MLB - Ryan Reynolds (Oklahoma)
CB - Trevard Lindley (Kentucky)
FS - Major Wright (Florida)
SS - Myron Rolle (Florida State, cliche I know)

EDIT: Just noticed Dorin Dickerson in the Senior Bowl and it came to me that I watched him at Pittsburgh and was impressed with the guy, he is very fast for a FB so now that I've been reminded of him, he will take over my FB/H-Back spot.

Crisis
01-30-2010, 02:56 AM
whats up with stefon johnson anyways? havent heard about him in awhile.

psubills62
01-30-2010, 11:42 AM
whats up with stefon johnson anyways? havent heard about him in awhile.

He's been practicing in the Senior Bowl. Check out the stickied Senior Bowl thread, DB has put up a lot of update links for it.

I can't remember exactly what people were saying about him, but they seemed to be lukewarm on him. Looked decent, not great.