PDA

View Full Version : It's Indi's fault the Jets were in the playoffs.

Ebenezer
01-24-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't remember if this was covered.

If Indi had lost this game the outcome may have been their own fault - in week 15. Now, I commend the Jets on the way they were playing but this was a prime example of why the NFL wants teams to play their best each week. A team that could have been 7-9 instead is 9-7, gets hot in the playoffs and gets further than they should have.

The Jets were 7-7. Indi was leading 15-10 and pulled out their starters...the Jets came back and won. The Bengals didn't even try against the Jets and NY finishes 9-7 and in the playoffs. IF Indi doesn't pull their starters the Jets more than likely aren't in the playoffs. Indi could have lost today (it was 17-6 at one time) it could have been their own fault.

And with Indi not trying here against the Bills we end up 6-10 and lower draft choice...:mad:

Typ0
01-24-2010, 05:08 PM
You can call it their "fault". Maybe they were picking who went in.

Michael82
01-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Nobody wanted to face the Texans or Steelers. So they let the Jets in. It almost bit the Colts in the ass. But the Jets defense was pwned by Peyton Manning!

MikeInRoch
01-24-2010, 05:14 PM
It was covered. Indy had ZERO obligation to keep their starters in during that week 16 game.

justasportsfan
01-24-2010, 05:15 PM
the Colts made the right decision. The chargers match up well vs. the colts but their decision allowed the jets to take care of the chargers and they in turn dismantled the jets D.

YardRat
01-24-2010, 05:16 PM
The game within the game...

EDS
01-24-2010, 05:24 PM

If Indi had lost this game the outcome may have been their own fault - in week 15. Now, I commend the Jets on the way they were playing but this was a prime example of why the NFL wants teams to play their best each week. A team that could have been 7-9 instead is 9-7, gets hot in the playoffs and gets further than they should have.

The Jets were 7-7. Indi was leading 15-10 and pulled out their starters...the Jets came back and won. The Bengals didn't even try against the Jets and NY finishes 9-7 and in the playoffs. IF Indi doesn't pull their starters the Jets more than likely aren't in the playoffs. Indi could have lost today (it was 17-6 at one time) it could have been their own fault.

And with Indi not trying here against the Bills we end up 6-10 and lower draft choice...:mad:

Indy is going to the Super Bowl. Seems to me they played their cards perfectly to this point.

Super Bowl will be all about which defense can slowdown the other teams offense the most.

Zero
01-25-2010, 12:04 AM

Actually I thought the same. But as far as the week 15 game between the Jets/Colts game affecting us, I have to argue that the Bills would have probably won that the game even if the Colts had gone into that game 15-0. The reason: the weather in that last game. And no change in the outcome of any NFL would've affecte that. I highly doubt ANY coach of any team going into the playoffs would have his starters play a full game in that weather and risk injury.

clumping platelets
01-25-2010, 12:17 AM

:ignore:

trapezeus
01-25-2010, 11:04 AM
i doubt the colts looked so far into everything. They didn't want injuries against the jets and played it conserative. i don't think they were thinking of all the matchups.

It has however worked out well for them.

Peyton looked bored beating the jets.

Superbowl should be incredibly interesting. the saints played a very buffalo game in my mind. How you get 4 fumble turnovers...at home...and still need overtime?

The saints game was very entertaining, but they lost their early season luster in the redskins game and have kind of struggled a bit. They're still a good team, but if they play anywhere close to what they put out last night against a colts team with 2 weeks rest, this is going to be way ugly.

Typ0
01-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Vikes gave the game to the saints and it's going to be a boring superbowl.

ChristopherWalken
01-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I remember a game the Bills played against the Steelers 3rd stringers...they win, they make the playoffs, they lose...well, you know the rest....

This is a perception thing. On one hand you want the best talent out there giving you their best. On the other hand if Manning had broken a leg in that week 16 game against the Colts, fans would have been calling for Caldwell's head. Ac chances are no Manning = no Super Bowl for the Colts.

Had the Bills Steelers game gone in our favor that day propelling the Bills into the playoffs, chances our your perception in this area would be different.

Cleve
01-25-2010, 11:42 AM
It may be just a coincidence that the Colts decided to 'lay down' against the Jets in the second half of the regular season game. Or maybe it was brilliant strategy, as the Chargers seem to have the Colts 'number', and the Jets took the Chargers out.

Irregardless of whether it was planned or unplanned, Bill Polian's team gets another shot at Super Bowl glory.

When I look at the Colts, I see a "What If?" Buffalo Bills team out there. If ONLY Buffalo had kept Polian - instead we have an owner who stupidly fired Polian in favor of the TREASURER, if the rumors are to be believed.

Treasurers are a g-d dime an effin' dozen - but how many Super Bowl caliber GMs are there out there? If I were an NFL owner, I'd fire 50 treasurers and keep a guy like Polian EVERY TIME.

If there's ONE thing that Ralph Wilson Jr. has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in his 50 years of ownership - he absolutely has no clue how to build and maintain a winning championship caliber football team. The only time since the early 70s the Bills have been really good was when Polian ran the team. That is clearly NOT a coincidence.

Now we're a 'marketing organization' first, and a football team second.

Ebenezer
01-25-2010, 12:10 PM
I remember a game the Bills played against the Steelers 3rd stringers...they win, they make the playoffs, they lose...well, you know the rest....

This is a perception thing. On one hand you want the best talent out there giving you their best. On the other hand if Manning had broken a leg in that week 16 game against the Colts, fans would have been calling for Caldwell's head. Ac chances are no Manning = no Super Bowl for the Colts.

Had the Bills Steelers game gone in our favor that day propelling the Bills into the playoffs, chances our your perception in this area would be different.

:huh:....the Bills lost to the Steelers 3rd stringers....they wouldn't have beaten the 1st stringers...just the opposite that happened to the Jets.

RockStar36
01-25-2010, 12:11 PM
I covered it in my AFC Championship preview.

It would've been the ultimate twist of irony.