• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Possible Al Davis pick?

It seems to me that up to this point, it's not necessarily agreed who Al Davis would go ballistic over and draft in the first round. I just saw this blurb and read "Al Davis" through the entire thing:

CBS' Charley Casserly predicts that USF DE Jason Paul-Pierre will be the "fastest riser" during the pre-NFL Draft process.

Mock drafters take note. Ex-NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah also predicted on Twitter late in the week that Paul-Pierre would be a top-five pick. The consensus All-Big East first-teamer only played one year at the D-I level, but led the Bulls in tackles for loss and sacks. Paul-Pierre has a whopping 81-inch wingspan and can do a back flip in full pads. At 6'6/265, look for him to run a sub-4.6 forty-yard dash at February's Scouting Combine.
    That's from rotoworld.com. The only thing is that I'm not sure they need a DE. They'll keep Seymour, have Trevor Scott and that one guy who had been on the Cowboys...Greg Ellis, I think?
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • bflojohn
    • Aug 2005

Re: Possible Al Davis pick?

Even I think it will be HARD for the Raiders to mess up the #8 pick. I have a feeling that they take Joe Haden, CB, from Florida to balance the field in the deep secondary with Asomugha.
    Note: Yes, I had to look up the spelling of good ole Nnamdi, both names!!

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by bflojohn
      Even I think it will be HARD for the Raiders to mess up the #8 pick. I have a feeling that they take Joe Haden, CB, from Florida to balance the field in the deep secondary with Asomugha.
      Note: Yes, I had to look up the spelling of good ole Nnamdi, both names!!
      He very well might, but I do know they've got a very good CB in Chris Johnson currently opposite Asomugha.

Like I said, I'm not sure what their needs are (or rather, what don't they need?), but when reading that blurb, it just seemed like a prospect that Al Davis would be salivating over. And if Paul-Pierre rises as fast as those guys expect, Davis could easily feel justified picking him at #8 overall.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Lots of guys could be Davis's pick, wait till the combine times start coming out then we'll know who Al Davis is taking.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          Lots of guys could be Davis's pick, wait till the combine times start coming out then we'll know who Al Davis is taking.

yep. if a WR/CB/RB pulls a 4.2 and becomes the buzz of the draft, or a QB throws through the goalposts from his knees watch him becomes Davis' no.1
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
            yep. if a WR/CB/RB pulls a 4.2 and becomes the buzz of the draft, or a QB throws through the goalposts from his knees watch him becomes Davis' no.1
            Paging Kelton Tindal, Paging Kelton Tindal...

For those that don't know he's a WR from Newberry who can supposedly run a sub 4.2.

Here is the report;
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HopefulBillsFan
              • Jan 2010

Better chance for Rolando.

Comment

Working...
              X