PDA

View Full Version : Possible Al Davis pick?

psubills62
01-25-2010, 11:10 AM
It seems to me that up to this point, it's not necessarily agreed who Al Davis would go ballistic over and draft in the first round. I just saw this blurb and read "Al Davis" through the entire thing:

CBS' Charley Casserly predicts that USF DE Jason Paul-Pierre will be the "fastest riser" during the pre-NFL Draft process.

Mock drafters take note. Ex-NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah also predicted on Twitter late in the week that Paul-Pierre would be a top-five pick. The consensus All-Big East first-teamer only played one year at the D-I level, but led the Bulls in tackles for loss and sacks. Paul-Pierre has a whopping 81-inch wingspan and can do a back flip in full pads. At 6'6/265, look for him to run a sub-4.6 forty-yard dash at February's Scouting Combine.

That's from rotoworld.com. The only thing is that I'm not sure they need a DE. They'll keep Seymour, have Trevor Scott and that one guy who had been on the Cowboys...Greg Ellis, I think?

bflojohn
01-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Even I think it will be HARD for the Raiders to mess up the #8 pick. I have a feeling that they take Joe Haden, CB, from Florida to balance the field in the deep secondary with Asomugha.
Note: Yes, I had to look up the spelling of good ole Nnamdi, both names!!

psubills62
01-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Even I think it will be HARD for the Raiders to mess up the #8 pick. I have a feeling that they take Joe Haden, CB, from Florida to balance the field in the deep secondary with Asomugha.
Note: Yes, I had to look up the spelling of good ole Nnamdi, both names!!

He very well might, but I do know they've got a very good CB in Chris Johnson currently opposite Asomugha.

Like I said, I'm not sure what their needs are (or rather, what don't they need?), but when reading that blurb, it just seemed like a prospect that Al Davis would be salivating over. And if Paul-Pierre rises as fast as those guys expect, Davis could easily feel justified picking him at #8 overall.

DraftBoy
01-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Lots of guys could be Davis's pick, wait till the combine times start coming out then we'll know who Al Davis is taking.

Ingtar33
01-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Lots of guys could be Davis's pick, wait till the combine times start coming out then we'll know who Al Davis is taking.

yep. if a WR/CB/RB pulls a 4.2 and becomes the buzz of the draft, or a QB throws through the goalposts from his knees watch him becomes Davis' no.1

DraftBoy
01-25-2010, 03:50 PM
yep. if a WR/CB/RB pulls a 4.2 and becomes the buzz of the draft, or a QB throws through the goalposts from his knees watch him becomes Davis' no.1

Paging Kelton Tindal, Paging Kelton Tindal...

For those that don't know he's a WR from Newberry who can supposedly run a sub 4.2.

Here is the report;
http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Small-School-Spotlight/D-II-Receiver-Blazes-At-Junior-Pro-Day.html

HopefulBillsFan
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Better chance for Rolando.