PDA

View Full Version : Crappy low-definition video broadcasts of Sabres road games!

Cleve
01-25-2010, 05:36 PM
I've managed to catch 3 or 4 of the Sabres recent road trip games on MSG network. Every single one of them has been in low-definition/standard definition resolution. They're almost unwatchable on a big screen plasma set.

I'm assuming tonight's Vancouver game will be SD too.

Does the NHL have any plans to upgrade their substandard broadcast equipment any time soon? At least the Sabres' home games are in HD, but you'd think a major city like Atlanta, for example, would have HD.

I seem to recall flipping thru channels and there was some sort of high school sports tourney being broadcast last week, and IT was in H.D. High school sports in HD but not NHL hockey? Disgraceful!

RockStar36
01-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Other cities like Atlanta do have HD. I watched the ATL, ANA, and LA games in HD.

Cleve
01-26-2010, 10:17 AM
I don't doubt you - but if these games are being filmed in HD at their respective arenas, why the heck does MSG broadcast them in standard definition?

RockStar36
01-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Because MSG sucks.

The Sabres and the Buffalo area need their own Fox Sports Network like other cities have.

hydro
01-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Because MSG sucks.

The Sabres and the Buffalo area need their own Fox Sports Network like other cities have.

We need Empire Sports back! /Losman Wins

RockStar36
01-26-2010, 10:28 AM
We need Empire Sports back! /Losman Wins

On that one, I would agree.

Pittsburgh and Cleveland have their own FSN channels and naturally I get all those related games in HD. Yet the Sabres still share with MSG. You can't tell me that the Sabres, Bills, and all the local sports in Buffalo couldn't fill up a FSN channel and finally give everyone all the HD games.

In fact, if you live outside of Buffalo, you're in the minority if you get the games in HD at all. The only ones I get are road games where I'm watching the other teams feed.

Cleve
01-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I guess I'm going to have to start sending complaint letters/e-mails to MSG and Time Warner then, if it's MSG's fault.

BTW, last night's Vancouver game was the worst yet - the image quality was so grainy and bad I thought at first that maybe I was viewing an old video tape of Wide World Sports from the 60s. When I realized to my disgust that it WAS indeed the Sabres game, my thought was "You have got to be kidding me!" I didn't even bother to watch the game.