PDA

View Full Version : Vic Fangio for DC?

mark1126
01-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Well since Pees is going to be LB coach in Baltimore, maybe the current Ravens LB coach will be free. He has prior DC experience in Carolina, Indy and Houston. But I doubt it, rumored to be headed elsewhere..

BillsWin
01-25-2010, 09:30 PM
He's got good credentials and any coach who has coached the Baltimore defense for the past some odd years has gone on to be a good coach elsewhere. Be that as a coordinator or head coach, ie. Lewis, Ryan...

WeAreArthurMoates
01-25-2010, 09:43 PM
I'd love this hire, doubt we do it but would be thrilled.

Oaf
01-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Come on, Jim Bates.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-25-2010, 09:53 PM
anyone find it interesting that guys would rather be a position coach somewhere else then the DC here?

BILLSROCK1212
01-25-2010, 09:59 PM
anyone find it interesting that guys would rather be a position coach somewhere else then the DC here?
find it interesting maybe he wasn't offered the job??

evdawg419
01-26-2010, 01:40 AM
I'm totally down for this hire and was just about to post a thread saying the same thing. This is mainly because I like building toward a 3-4 and this guy is as good as any guy out there for that. His DC record speaks for itself.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Coaches/Vic_Fangio.aspx

zone
01-26-2010, 06:19 AM
I'm totally down for this hire and was just about to post a thread saying the same thing. This is mainly because I like building toward a 3-4 and this guy is as good as any guy out there for that. His DC record speaks for itself.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Coaches/Vic_Fangio.aspx
Far better than Bates IMO.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Ya I'd love this move, but as everyone says it's looking like Bates. I'm ok with Bates as long as we get the people we needs to run his defense. Unfortunatly, it will be just as hard to find that personel as the 3-4. Could be harder actually.

muestafa1
01-26-2010, 12:12 PM
PFT mentioned this on the Pees hire:

'No longer going to work for the Ravens will be former linebackers coach Vic Fangio. The team has announced that Fangio "is no longer with the team." Said the Ravens, "He should have an announcement about his future in football soon."'

Are the Bills in his future? Time will tell...