• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Schobel still not going to Pro Bowl

Even though a total of 14 more players, including seven for the AFC are being added to the Pro Bowl rosters, to replace the Colts and Saints players that are exempt because they’ll be playing in the Super Bowl, Aaron Schobel is still not going as a defensive end.

link
    Last edited by Cntrygal; 01-26-2010, 05:26 AM.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Schobel still not going to Pro Bowl

Schobel had a much better year than Ellis, if you're just going by stats.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

That's because people are catching on to his sacks coming from the QB already laying on the ground.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

I think the fact that the AFC QBs include Vince Young and David Garrard tells me all I need to know about this game. I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of a Pro Bowl game in about a decade.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
          I think the fact that the AFC QBs include Vince Young and David Garrard tells me all I need to know about this game. I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of a Pro Bowl game in about a decade.

Time to just end the Pro-Bowl. Football is a sport that just doesn't lend itself to an all-star game - espeically when the stars of the game stay home or have to play in the SB the following week.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

good point. Schobel is a loner that seems to kindof keep to himself, and doesnt seem to make many friends around the league, so it seems unlikely that unless he has a huge year like he had in the past, that he'd get added to the roster.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

How could Shaun Ellis make it over Aaron Schobel? What a joke!

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

The pro bowl is garbage. Nobody wants to play in it and nobody wants to watch it.

They should just eliminate the game and have the best players competing against each other in skills competitions. Make all the players do the same events so the fat linemen would have to race against each other like the speedy guys do.

Just turn it into a series of entertaining, non contact, skills games and a lot more players would go and more people would be interested in it.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  That's because people are catching on to his sacks coming from the QB already laying on the ground.
                  Exactly,. He's not good and that's why he's not going. Not difficult to comprhend.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

hope he retires so he can get that contract off the books and get a consistent pass rusher in here

Schobel's best days are gone
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Cntrygal
                      • Jul 2002

I don't think I've watched that much!
                      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                        The pro bowl is garbage. Nobody wants to play in it and nobody wants to watch it.

They should just eliminate the game and have the best players competing against each other in skills competitions. Make all the players do the same events so the fat linemen would have to race against each other like the speedy guys do.

Just turn it into a series of entertaining, non contact, skills games and a lot more players would go and more people would be interested in it.

That would certainly be more entertaining and intresting!

Comment

• Syderick
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Exactly,. He's not good and that's why he's not going. Not difficult to comprhend.
                          But he's not that bad though. He had a double digit sack year. He's not a Hall of famer, but he's not as bad as some make it sound.
                          3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

Working...
                          X