X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

We need a QB.

Isn't it completely obvious a Franchise QB is by far the most important position in football? Are we seriously going to go LT in the draft and stick with Edwards and Fitz? HORRIBLE. Are we seriously going to roll the dice on Brohm? If Clausen or Bradford are on the board at 9 pull the fricken Trigger Buddy. Go LT in round 2.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: We need a QB.

I had been in the same frame of mind as you, but now I want to model ourselves after what the Jets did...it doesnt matter if you draft a franchise QB is said QB is going to get flattened every play. Solidify the line, make us a power running team, THEN get ourselves a QB who can take time and learn to go through his progressions without feeling rushed.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Come on Thurm, you're smarter than this. What's the point of having a good qb if we can't protect them? That's one of the reasons why this team can't develop a qb.

Neither Claussen nor Bradford are the franchise qb you want, and they certainly won't be without a LT. On top of that, this team has new coaches and very little talent. 2010 is shot regardless of qb. It makes no sense to gamble on one at 9.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Come on Thurm, you're smarter than this. What's the point of having a good qb if we can't protect them? That's one of the reasons why this team can't develop a qb.

Neither Claussen nor Bradford are the franchise qb you want, and they certainly won't be without a LT. On top of that, this team has new coaches and very little talent. 2010 is shot regardless of qb. It makes no sense to gamble on one at 9.
        Out of curiosity, why are neither Bradford nor Clausen the type of Franchise QB's we want?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
          • May 2005

DING DING DING We Have a Winner! What do Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, and Brett Favre have in common? They aren't on their asses play after play. And as we saw, specifically with Favre and Brady as of late, when they are on their asses, they look pretty damn average.

Comment

• hydro
            • Oct 2005

I DO NOT want a first round QB. I think the best way to go is get everything else in order first and when the most glaring need is QB then we go out and get one. Throwing a QB to the wolves with a team in the shape it is now is just going to set us back another couple years.
            BERNIAC!

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Out of curiosity, why are neither Bradford nor Clausen the type of Franchise QB's we want?
              I watched almost every play of Claussens career. Don't get me wrong- he was great at ND. But he has a weird throwing motion, benefitted from a pass-happy o and some great wr's, and seems to lack leadership and maturity. I always like seeing ND guys do well in the NFL and I wish him the best, but I just don't see it.

I'm not as familiar with Bradford but I've seen numerous concerns about him as well.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

I hear you but I am sick of this nonsense.
                Clausen or Bradford are surely on Par with Sanchez.

With Butler coming back we are solidified somewhat besides LT.

Isn't it possible a LT we get in round 2 isn't a HUUUGE dropoff from what we would get in round 1? What round was Bushrod of the Saints taken?

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Drafting a QB in the first round is not the way to go because in my mind, none of the QB's available at that spot are worthy of the pick. They shouldn't just pick a QB for the sake of picking a QB.

That being said, if Fitz, Edwards, and Brohm are the 3 choices for next season, that isn't good either. There are other options available for next season.

D & S Sports

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

I watched almost every play of Claussens career. Don't get me wrong- he was great at ND. But he has a weird throwing motion, benefitted from a pass-happy o and some great wr's, and seems to lack leadership and maturity. I always like seeing ND guys do well in the NFL and I wish him the best, but I just don't see it.

I'm not as familiar with Bradford but I've seen numerous concerns about him as well.
                    His throwing motion is fine.

Bradfords only concern that I know of is health. It was a freak play that he was injured the first time.

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      His throwing motion is fine.

Bradfords only concern that I know of is health. It was a freak play that he was injured the first time.
                      Is it?

Not picking sides, but Op seems like he would be more of the expert on Clausen than any of us who didn't watch every single Notre Dame game.

D & S Sports

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

The flaw in the wait till next year to draft a QB is the fact that we are delaying yet ANOTHER year to have a decent team. I assume that the QB we get this year or next year aren't going to be studs to start and need a year of seasoning. Why push that year off? Also from what I can gather the QB crop next year is nothing special at all.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          Is it?

Not picking sides, but Op seems like he would be more of the expert on Clausen than any of us who didn't watch every single Notre Dame game.
                          I of course haven't watched even 5% of what OP has seen but I never noticed it to be weird at all. It seemed over the top to me.

Comment

• ByrdsTheWord
                            Veteran Zoner
                            • Jan 2010

We can acquire Peyton Manning or Drew Brees for all I care but he'd be no good while he's on his back every other play. Conversation over

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              I hear you but I am sick of this nonsense.
                              Clausen or Bradford are surely on Par with Sanchez.

With Butler coming back we are solidified somewhat besides LT.

Isn't it possible a LT we get in round 2 isn't a HUUUGE dropoff from what we would get in round 1? What round was Bushrod of the Saints taken?
                              You also have to consider that this is Bushrod's third year in the NFL. He's really come into his own, but are you willing to wait two years before playing your OT? There's also no guarantee that our coaches could develop a 4th-round OT (Bushrod went in the 4th) like the Saints were able to.

If Bradford is there at 9, we should take him. If not, I'd rather grab an LT, then pick up someone like Dan Lefevour in later rounds. It might be worth it to try getting a small-school prospect like Lefevour, Nichols, Skelton, Hiller, etc. and developing them.
                              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X