PDA

View Full Version : What is the obsession with bates?

evdawg419
01-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Finding the size DTs needed for his system would be just as hard if not harder as finding a NT for a 3-4. His defenses have been awful of late. Sure that could be due to his lack of players that fit the system, but you could just as easily say that his successes were due to the talent on those teams (i.e. Jason Taylor).

WeAreArthurMoates
01-26-2010, 11:23 AM
I'd rather go another direction as well but Tampa's defense had cover 2 personel playing a run contain defense. They db's can't play man coverage and they had no NT. But I'm with ya, we need to find his players and I think it's just as hard.

kernowboy
01-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Finding the size DTs needed for his system would be just as hard if not harder as finding a NT for a 3-4. His defenses have been awful of late. Sure that could be due to his lack of players that fit the system, but you could just as easily say that his successes were due to the talent on those teams (i.e. Jason Taylor).

He actually developed the likes of Taylor and Thomas into successes.

The DTs don't need to be quite as big as a NT and it can be argued that our LBs like Palmer and Harris are more suited to his 4-3 rather than trying to shift to a 3-4

psubills62
01-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Maybe I'm missing something...obsession? I've seen plenty of people saying he's the current leading candidate for DC and the most likely person for the job. But most people seem to not want him.

Ebenezer
01-26-2010, 11:39 AM
I want somebody to take the job...I have a feeling it is going to be hard for Gailey to assemble a staff of people who have been more than minor assistants.

better days
01-26-2010, 11:42 AM
I want somebody to take the job...I have a feeling it is going to be hard for Gailey to assemble a staff of people who have been more than minor assistants.

John Clayton said on his radio show that Jim Mora Jr would love to be the Bills DC & thinks it would be a good fit.

justasportsfan
01-26-2010, 12:05 PM
He actually developed the likes of Taylor and Thomas into successes.

The DTs don't need to be quite as big as a NT and it can be argued that our LBs like Palmer and Harris are more suited to his 4-3 rather than trying to shift to a 3-4
Was it Bates responsible for JT and Zach or was it Wanny who blew most of their cap on the defensive side of the fins.

Bates hasn't done anything since leaving the fins. To me Bates= Cotrell.

Michael82
01-26-2010, 12:26 PM
John Clayton said on his radio show that Jim Mora Jr would love to be the Bills DC & thinks it would be a good fit.

I wouldn't mind that one. :up:

more cowbell
01-26-2010, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't mind that one. :up:

I second that opinion

zone
01-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Bates last 2 stints as DC have not worked out well.

Demon
01-26-2010, 02:20 PM

I would love Jim Mora Jr as DC. Jim Bates though, why even bother? Guy is not suited for a passing league.