PDA

View Full Version : A name to consider for RB Coach

DraftBoy
01-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Titans | Byner fired

Jim Wyatt, of The Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans have fired running backs coach Earnest Byner.

Worked with Preist Holmes, Jamal Lewis, Chris Johnson, and Lendale White. That's a pretty good resume right there, Id take a shot at him coming in to be the RB coach is Gailey was interested.

BillsWin
01-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Good name to consider. But I would think our new "Offensive coordinator" would go ahead and take over RB coaching duties because he won't be calling plays. Could be wrong though. And if I am, that is a name to consider.

DraftBoy
01-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Good name to consider. But I would think our new "Offensive coordinator" would go ahead and take over RB coaching duties because he won't be calling plays. Could be wrong though. And if I am, that is a name to consider.

He could be the new OC if that's the case. I dont know that he wants it or is qualified to do it, but since its more psuedo OC than anything its a good training ground.

BillsOwnAll
Fired after CJ runs for 2000? Am i the only one who finds this odd?

Dicknoze69
Titans | Byner fired

Jim Wyatt, of The Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans have fired running backs coach Earnest Byner.

Worked with Preist Holmes, Jamal Lewis, Chris Johnson, and Lendale White. That's a pretty good resume right there, Id take a shot at him coming in to be the RB coach is Gailey was interested.

I'd be all over him if we hire a RB coach. His resume is pretty damn good.

Jaybird
01-26-2010, 12:09 PM

Does sound a little weird, but I would go with some internal problem

bigbub2352
01-26-2010, 12:25 PM
if it means ralph wilson paying him i doubt it will happen

zone
01-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Exactly, what more could he have done?

Lexwhat
01-26-2010, 01:14 PM
With a guy like C.Johnson, do the Titans even need a RB coach? Maybe someone else currently on their Offensive staff will take over that duty.

My only guess as to why he was fired is because he didn't get along with someone in the organization.