PDA

View Full Version : Derek Anderson

more cowbell
01-26-2010, 01:03 PM
I was thinking today that it really wouldn't be that far fetched to see the Bills trade for him (not saying I want them to).

Nix was saying how we need a strong armed QB in here. Edwards has an above average arm but its nothing special, Fitzpatrick throws some real ugly balls and his arm strength is nothing to write home about either.

If Nix decides to not go with Edwards or a QB in the First two rounds (which I really can't see therm doing) I think Anderson enters the picture.

Gailey wants a QB with some experience in the league, and Nix doesn't like to sign or trade for older veteran players. Anderson is still young and showed flashes of greatness in 2006 when he made the pro bowl.

Do I think it's the right move? absolutely not...but don't be suprised if you start hearing rumblings about this real soon.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-26-2010, 01:07 PM
idk man, i would rather draft one in jimmy clausen or sam bradford.

FlyingDutchman
01-26-2010, 01:08 PM
kelly Holcomb round 2

RockStar36
01-26-2010, 01:12 PM
I just puked in my mouth.

ct bills fan
01-26-2010, 01:19 PM
not a terrible idea, but, his contract is pretty big

more cowbell
01-26-2010, 01:19 PM
I would rather have pretty much anyone else as well.

Jeff1220
01-26-2010, 01:22 PM
I'd rather give Trent another chance.

Ickybaluky
01-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Sucks...

Oh, sorry. I thought we were playing word association.

Seriously, he may have the big arm, but the guy is not accurate in any way. He is a career 52.9% passer, and even in his career year he only completed 56.5% of his passes. That is no fluke. He wasn't accurate in college either, only completing 50.7% of his attempts.

So, he is a big guy with a big arm, but he isn't consistent and has a scattershot arm. The NFL requires precision passing, and the guy doesn't have it.

The King
01-26-2010, 01:27 PM
There's no way we trade for someone who cant keep the job for at least four seasons.

Ron Burgundy
01-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Sucks...

Oh, sorry. I thought we were playing word association.

Seriously, he may have the big arm, but the guy is not accurate in any way. He is a career 52.9% passer, and even in his career year he only completed 56.5% of his passes. That is no fluke. He wasn't accurate in college either, only completing 50.7% of his attempts.

So, he is a big guy with a big arm, but he isn't consistent and has a scattershot arm. The NFL requires precision passing, and the guy doesn't have it.

Exactly.

THATHURMANATOR
01-26-2010, 01:30 PM
I was thinking today that it really wouldn't be that far fetched to see the Bills trade for him (not saying I want them to).

Nix was saying how we need a strong armed QB in here. Edwards has an above average arm but its nothing special, Fitzpatrick throws some real ugly balls and his arm strength is nothing to write home about either.

If Nix decides to not go with Edwards or a QB in the First two rounds (which I really can't see therm doing) I think Anderson enters the picture.

Gailey wants a QB with some experience in the league, and Nix doesn't like to sign or trade for older veteran players. Anderson is still young and showed flashes of greatness in 2006 when he made the pro bowl.

Do I think it's the right move? absolutely not...but don't be suprised if you start hearing rumblings about this real soon.
Anderson has a strong arm?

Buddo
01-26-2010, 02:41 PM
The Browns are actually worse off than the Bills at the QB position. And you are saying we might want to trade for Anderson?
If ever there was a 'one year wonder', it's Anderson. He is appalling.

more cowbell
01-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Anderson has a strong arm?

Yes, thats the one attribute about him that doesn't completely suck

Pinkerton Security
01-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Since he threw for 17 yards against us, and still won, the Bills probably think he has "that something special" and will make a big play for him lol

Akhippo
01-26-2010, 03:44 PM
JP Losman. That dudes got a strong arm. Was a first round pick. About as good as Anderson.

Wait.... lets not.

Historian
01-27-2010, 07:49 AM
Just think about all those 6-3 barnburners we would now be winning!

Commissioner
01-27-2010, 08:20 AM
I just puked in my mouth.

I did that when the above poster mentioned Clausen or Bradford.... neither of those guys could throw in this weather.