• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

RUMOR- Bills already have had "something in works" for DC

Once I get confirmation I will post this as a full report, but I can now tell you that I spoke to a very reliable NFL insider who told me that " I know they had something in the works for their DC yesterday"

Also: "waiting to find back if a deal has been done"

I do not know who the person (coordinator) is and frankly I don't care. Im not trying to "break" news on any specific hire.

I will say I've been told that Bates has been their top choice, but I do not know if this is in reference to Bates or someone else right now.

The person I got the information from isn't giving me a name, in all probability Because it would be his scoop and not mine.

The only reason I can possibly fathom the Bills not announcing yet whomever the coordinator is, is because he's quietly trying to get his own coaches together.

I've also been told a Bills defensive coach has already been retained, and I THINK that is George Catavolos.

So after covering an important local basketball game this evening (Grover and Lackawanna) I'll be filing a report and am willing to take some heat if not true.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Re: RUMOR- Bills already have had "something in works" for DC

I like Catavolos. Just not enough to promote him to D.C. He will be a D.C. soon though. Donte Whitner (yeah, take it for what its worth) said on twitter not too long ago the best coach on last years staff was by far Catavolos.
    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Who?

Comment

• T-Long
        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Demon
        I like Catavolos. Just not enough to promote him to D.C. He will be a D.C. soon though. Donte Whitner (yeah, take it for what its worth) said on twitter not too long ago the best coach on last years staff was by far Catavolos.
        I dont think he means Coach C. as a DC, but to retain his position as DB coach

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
          • Feb 2009

Nice Pat thanks for the info. You were almost right about a DC being named today, should be tomorrow at the latest.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            Who?
            Im not going to get involved in the typical 10,000 questions that led to bashing on this thread. But I will answer that.

I honestly don't know.. yet

IF I say a name at this very moment it would be a guess just the same as anyone else.

The only thing I am now reporting is that a deal "has been in the works" since yesterday

Comment

• Dicknoze69
              Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
              • Jul 2002

I'd be surprised if it's Bates because we just hired a OLB coach and typically you don't have a OLB coach for a 4-3 defense and that's all Bates has coached.

I think Giff Smith's hiring strongly suggests a 3-4 defense and hiring someone who runs that, probably Fangio.

Also, didn't the Ravens announce Pees' hiring yesterday? The timeline fits, and the Ravens said we'd have an announcement on Fangio's football future "soon".
              Last edited by Dicknoze69; 01-26-2010, 04:13 PM.

God give me style and give me grace
              God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                Im not going to get involved in the typical 10,000 questions that led to bashing on this thread. But I will answer that.

I honestly don't know.. yet

IF I say a name at this very moment it would be a guess just the same as anyone else.

The only thing I am now reporting is that a deal "has been in the works" since yesterday
                Ok cool man. I will keep checking in.

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by T-Long
                  I dont think he means Coach C. as a DC, but to retain his position as DB coach
                  Yeah i know. I was just saying.
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                    I'd be surprised if it's Bates because we just hired a OLB coach and typically you don't have a OLB coach for a 4-3 defense and that's all Bates has coached.

I think Giff Smith's hiring strongly suggests a 3-4 defense and hiring someone who runs that, probably Fangio.

Also, didn't the Ravens announce Peas' hiring yesterday? The timeline fits, and the Ravens said we'd have an announcement on Fangio's football future "soon".
                    Ya this actually makes a lot of sense in what your saying. If true I would be freaking pumped.

Comment

• Demon
                      • Mar 2003

The thing i don't get is, your source is so open to tell you they are in discussions yet he doesn't know who????

Does this source have inside info or is he speculating (assuming) based on the Smith hire (you usually hire a DC first, then position coaches) and based on Thurman's twitter saying a D.C. should be named this week?
                      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• T-Long
                        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                        • Sep 2003

The thing i don't get is, your source is so open to tell you they are in discussions yet he doesn't know who????

Does this source have inside info or is he speculating (assuming) based on the Smith hire (you usually hire a DC first, then position coaches) and based on Thurman's twitter saying a D.C. should be named this week?
                        Didn't you read Pat's post? He said that the source knows the name, but wants to report it, thus not giving it to Pat.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

I think anyone would be out of their mind to pay an ounce of attention to a Thurman THomas tweet anymore.

And-- yes.. That is what I'm telling you.. The person I talked to did confirm that the Bills have had a "deal in the works" since yesterday, and did not give me a specific name.

Since I said he's a "NFL INsider" my assumption is its a competitive business and he doesn't want to take a chance of a minor leaguer scoring a scoop from underneath him.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

I have to go.. Im covering a big HS hoops game (Grover at Lackawanna)

If I can get wireless there I will hopefully have an update soon.

If not it will be later this evening. Of course by then this could be old news anyway so we'll see.

Comment

• Demon
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by T-Long
                              Didn't you read Pat's post? He said that the source knows the name, but wants to report it, thus not giving it to Pat.
                              Somehow i missed that sentence. lol

So, this source is a reporter? I'm even more confused. The source has to be Mark Gaughan. That dude only hints and then gets it right. lol
                              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X