PDA

View Full Version : Bills will switch to 3-4 defense

patmoran2006
01-26-2010, 08:28 PM
If wrong I"ll take the beating.. Won't be my first, or last. Anyway

I spoke to an insider this evening with privileged knowledge of the Bills organization that much to my astonishment, tells me the Buffalo Bills are going forward with plans to switch to a 3-4 defense in 2010.

“Well, I got this much, Patrick: They’re going to a 3-4.” he said.

Who that coordinator turns out to be I don’t yet know, though I reported this morning my belief that a guy had already been selected, and the 3-4 switch adds credence to it.

Still, I’m utterly surprised the Bills would proceed with the switch. I’m in agreement with Gregg Rosenthal of NBC Sports, who said a few days ago “we can’t think of a roster in the NFL less suited to play a 3-4 than Buffalo.”

If the Bills really are in the midst of a defensive philosophy change, that could lean the job towards former Baltimore linebackers coach Vic Fangio, who’s now free to pursue a job after the Ravens signed former Patriots coordinator Dean Pees.

Meanwhile, a rumor is circulating (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=140&f=2938&t=5522814) down in Georgia the Bills have already hired former Georgia Tech defensive line coach Giff Smith to coach the linebackers. If true, this would lend further confirmation that the Bills are switching.

Presumably Smith would be brought in to teach Maybin how to play rush linebacker in a 3-4 as well as Aaron Schobel, assuming he doesn’t retire.

Why the Bills are being so secretive throughout the process, much as they were during the head coaching search is a mystery. The insider I spoke to either doesn’t know the identity of the new coordinator or is waiting for confirmation to report on himself; but he’s confident enough to state we’re going 3-4 and I’m equally confident in him to report it—and take the heat if wrong.

“I know they had something in the works for their DC yesterday (Monday) and I’ve been waiting to hear back from one person to see if there was or wasn’t a deal.” he said.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/im-told-bills-to-switch-to-3-4-defense/

mrbojanglezs
01-26-2010, 08:30 PM
they better go shopping and trading during the FA if they expect to be relevant with a 3-4 switch

NOT THE DUDE...
01-26-2010, 08:30 PM
well this means terrence cody or dan williams will be our pick in the 2nd...

BillsWin
01-26-2010, 08:31 PM
I can verify that the man the Bills hold in "high regard" for the defensive coordinator position runs the 3-4 and also that it has been a goal of Gailey's to switch to the 3-4 and he has been trying to figure out if he has the personnel to run it or which direction he can take to get said personnel.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-26-2010, 08:32 PM
pick up jarvis green as de and then casey hampton or aubrayo franklin as nt...

.................................stroud...franklin...green.......................................
.................maybin......mitchell.......poz...............schobel..........

NOT THE DUDE...
01-26-2010, 08:33 PM
draft derrick morgan possibly with the first pick im guessing. another beast at olb... if schobel retires morgan will be our first pick then cody in the 2nd...

NOT THE DUDE...
01-26-2010, 08:35 PM
also dont rule out mcclain

patmoran2006
01-26-2010, 08:36 PM
This is the ONLY OPINION I am offfering that is my actual opinion.

IF this ends up holding true, I will be completely shocked. That's a hard transformation in only one year, especially when you need key offensive peices.

BillsWin
01-26-2010, 08:37 PM
I am excited that Pat has verified the switch. Think of all the possibilities we now have to go after offseason wise.

This will be a completely different team.

Probably not going to be very good for another season, but things should be headed in a direction instead of circling mediocrity.

Jaybird
01-26-2010, 08:38 PM
This is the ONLY OPINION I am offfering that is my actual opinion.

IF this ends up holding true, I will be completely shocked. That's a hard transformation in only one year, especially when you need key offensive peices.

The packers did it, and it worked for them.

FYi i have no problem playing the 4-3

Griz78
01-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Maybe it's me or someone can explain better...

Kyle Willams is too small for a 3-4 End because his arms are too small?
Mitchell and Poz would be engulfed?

Other teams put some lesser known guys in their lineups.

Jets used that Devito guy for a Nose Tackle
Ravens used Justin Bannan at DE and Ellerbe? 220 lbs at ILB

But who knows maybe we trade Williams, his value is at it's highest probably.

Maybe if someone can explain better it would help. I honest ly thiink this change is because of Maybin. Gailey was probably knocked off his rocker seeing him getting blocked with one arm playing DE.

patmoran2006
01-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Does anyone know candidates other than the Baltimore guy cause I **** you not when I tell you I don't know they already have or are in the process of locking down.

I"m not holding out, I really dont know, and really don't want to guess.

Jaybird
01-26-2010, 08:40 PM

Maybe if someone can explain better it would help. I honest ly thiink this change is because of Maybin. Gailey was probably knocked off his rocker seeing him getting blocked with one arm playing DE.

you do not change your scheme because of one player

WeAreArthurMoates
01-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I really don't believe that far off to make the switch. Or DT's are built to be 3-4 d ends, Schobel and Maybin are more suited to play linebacker and Mitchell, Poz seem great fits in the middle. We really only lack a NT but Lonnie Harvey could be a gem. Numerous all pro NT's have been late round gems and undrafted NT's practice squad players.

BILLSROCK1212
01-26-2010, 08:47 PM
pick up jarvis green as de and then casey hampton or aubrayo franklin as nt...

.................................stroud...franklin...green.......................................
.................maybin......mitchell.......poz...............schobel..........
franklin and green sounds realistic

psubills62
01-26-2010, 08:49 PM
The packers did it, and it worked for them.

FYi i have no problem playing the 4-3

The Packers have 100x more talent on defense.

This would be a huge shock to me. I completely agree with Pat, that we are about as far from a 3-4 roster as is possible. Mike Nolan would have been the best guy to get if we were going to make the switch.

Ground Chuck
01-26-2010, 08:49 PM
We only have one LB now. It would be ridiculous to switch.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-26-2010, 08:50 PM
The Packers have 100x more talent on defense.

This would be a huge shock to me. I completely agree with Pat, that we are about as far from a 3-4 roster as is possible. Mike Nolan would have been the best guy to get if we were going to make the switch.

I really wouldn't say that. A big portion of talent came through the draft for them.

patmoran2006
01-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Jesus this 3-4 better go down now or my ass is really grass..

I was told for over a week that Bates was their top guy, but obviously going 3-4 means he isn't coming... No clue what happened either.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-26-2010, 08:54 PM

I was told for over a week that Bates was their top guy, but obviously going 3-4 means he isn't coming... No clue what happened either.

hahaha, I wont lay into but a lot will. Frankly, I'm just happy Bates ain't coming here. We need to get on the front 7.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-26-2010, 08:55 PM
We only have one LB now. It would be ridiculous to switch.

Mitchell will be fine and Schobel/Maybin are protypical OLBers in a 3-4

NOT THE DUDE...
01-26-2010, 08:55 PM
i see us really going after a big nt hopefully....

Jaybird
01-26-2010, 08:57 PM

mitchell will not be fine.. he flat out sucks in a 3-4 4-3 4-6 my backyard

psubills62
01-26-2010, 08:58 PM
I really wouldn't say that. A big portion of talent came through the draft for them.

? Yes it did, and they had a lot more talent than we did. They also had a lot more guys who could easily switch to a 3-4. They have a dominant DLin the 4-3 or 3-4 (Pickett, Jolly, Jenkins, Raji). We have an OK 4-3 DL that would be almost worse as a 3-4 DL. They also had LB's that could make the transition. We have three or four, max.

Ground Chuck
01-26-2010, 09:02 PM

Maybin has never played a down of LB in his life.

Schobel is too small to be a 3-4 DE

T-Long
01-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Well, considering we were dead last against the run last year, the only place to go is up.

Bring on the 3-4...they will find the right pieces to fill.

BillsMan80
01-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Does anyone know candidates other than the Baltimore guy cause I **** you not when I tell you I don't know they already have or are in the process of locking down.

Here's a list of defensive coaches who might be in the mix by team from teams who run the 3-4:

New England: Pepper Johnson (DL), Matt Patricia (LB)
NY Jets: Bob Sutton (Def Asst/LB)
Miami: Todd Bowles (Asst HC/Secondary)
Baltimore: Vic Fangio (LB)
Pittsburgh: Keith Butler (LB)
Kansas City: Clancy Pendergast (DC)
Dallas: Dave Campo (DBs), Dat Nguyen (Asst LB), Reggie Herring (LB)
Green Bay: Mike Trgovac (DL), Kevin Greene (LB)

The other thought would be former GT DC John Tenuta.

Some of the names that stick out to me are Bowles, Butler, Fangio, Pendergast, and Trgovac.

Demon
01-26-2010, 09:06 PM

Music to my ears. I hate Jim Bates philosophy with a passion.

Ground Chuck
01-26-2010, 09:08 PM
People don't remember the Ted Cottrell bend but don't break 3-4???

No thanks.

wmoz11
01-26-2010, 09:11 PM
If we could get Keith Butler from Pittsburgh, that would be huge, though I think he's in line to become the DC of the Steelers once Lebeau retires.

T-Long
01-26-2010, 09:22 PM
If we could get Keith Butler from Pittsburgh, that would be huge, though I think he's in line to become the DC of the Steelers once Lebeau retires.
He is, which is why he is smart to not leave considering Lebeau's age

camelcowboy
01-26-2010, 09:27 PM
People don't remember the Ted Cottrell bend but don't break 3-4???

No thanks.
I would love cottrells compared to the tampon 2 we have been running. His d-fence was top 10 for years so shut it!

plundar
01-26-2010, 09:47 PM
I would love to see the 3-4 again in Buffalo. I hope this is true.

kingJofNYC
01-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Nix stated that you have to play with "big" players, playing with smaller/faster players was not his preferred choice. Also makes sense in terms of the HC hiring, the Cover 2 D was done as soon as Nix was hired.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-26-2010, 10:12 PM
? Yes it did, and they had a lot more talent than we did. They also had a lot more guys who could easily switch to a 3-4. They have a dominant DLin the 4-3 or 3-4 (Pickett, Jolly, Jenkins, Raji). We have an OK 4-3 DL that would be almost worse as a 3-4 DL. They also had LB's that could make the transition. We have three or four, max.

Spencer Johnson, Kyle Williams and Stroud are perfect for 3-4 d ends and don't give me crap about Kyle's arms being to short. He's a Kelly Gregg clone.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Maybin has never played a down of LB in his life.

Schobel is too small to be a 3-4 DE

Did I ever say Maybin's played backer before, no. What I said is he's a protypical rush linebacker. Guys like Lamaar Woodley and Larry English also never played and excell at it. Seriously though, our defense was pathetic last year and at least there moving in the right direction.

psubills62
01-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Spencer Johnson, Kyle Williams and Stroud are perfect for 3-4 d ends and don't give me crap about Kyle's arms being to short. He's a Kelly Gregg clone.

You don't seem to get it. Just because those guys CAN play in a 3-4 doesn't mean they'll be GOOD in a 3-4. Pickett is a great size for a 3-4 NT, which of the three that you mentioned would be good for that? Kyle Williams is the only starting-caliber DT in that group that you mentioned (Stroud is on the way down). And I don't know about his arms, but Williams himself may be too short to be a 3-4 DE.

IMO, though, the worst part on this roster is the LB's. They're bad for a 4-3, much less a 3-4.

mark1126
01-26-2010, 10:23 PM
what a disaster!

WeAreArthurMoates
01-26-2010, 10:33 PM
You don't seem to get it. Just because those guys CAN play in a 3-4 doesn't mean they'll be GOOD in a 3-4. Pickett is a great size for a 3-4 NT, which of the three that you mentioned would be good for that? Kyle Williams is the only starting-caliber DT in that group that you mentioned (Stroud is on the way down). And I don't know about his arms, but Williams himself may be too short to be a 3-4 DE.

IMO, though, the worst part on this roster is the LB's. They're bad for a 4-3, much less a 3-4.

First of all, you the one who doesn't seem to get it. I never said one of these guys would play the nose. We'd have to get one but Kyle would be very good as a 3-4 end and Stroud can give them at least one good year. 3-4 d ends aren't 330 pounds, they around the 295-300 mark. Fact is though are defense was awful last year and making the switch now to improve it for the future is the way to go.

psubills62
01-26-2010, 10:38 PM
First of all, you the one who doesn't seem to get it. I never said one of these guys would play the nose. We'd have to get one but Kyle would be very good as a 3-4 end and Stroud can give them at least one good year. 3-4 d ends aren't 330 pounds, they around the 295-300 mark. Fact is though are defense was awful last year and making the switch now to improve it for the future is the way to go.
The DE's are also supposed to be about 6'5", not 6'1" (like Williams). He may be too short to be very effective as a 3-4 DE.

I still don't know why switching to a 3-4 makes our defense any better? We have light linebackers for a 4-3. Switching to a 3-4 means all of those guys need to go. The only somewhat-effective ILB's we'd have on the roster are Poz and Mitchell. Then we've got two VERY unproven kids in Maybin and Ellis, depending on what Schobel does. None of these guys have ever played in a 3-4, and we have no idea if they'll end up like Elvis Dumervil or Aaron Kampman.

Switching to the 3-4 makes zero sense with this roster. We need at least one offseason to move to a heavier, blitzing 4-3, then maybe we could switch to a 3-4 in the 2011 offseason.

EDIT: The reason I mentioned needing an NT is because you essentially said "the Packers switched to a 3-4, so why can't we?" My point is that they already had a guy on their roster who could be a very good NT. We don't. Yet one more player that we need to pick up in the draft or FA.

dasaybz
01-26-2010, 10:54 PM

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/im-told-bills-to-switch-to-3-4-defense/

Wait, why are the Bills the least prepared team in the league to go to a 3-4? Draft a fat slob to play NT, move Stroud to DE play Schobel at DE, move Maybin to LB, and blamo, you're all set.

What's the big deal?

Ferrygoat
01-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Aaron Kampman was a dominant 4-3 DE and they switched to a 3-4 and he struggled as an OLB dropping into coverage and not rushing the QB on every down. Everyone seems to think Aaron Schobel can make this switch at end of his career. He may be able to pull it off but i don't see him doing it, whether he wanted to or not.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-27-2010, 01:51 AM
i see some trades this year for draft picks. we are going to be bad next year anyway, might as well build through the draft with no salary cap looming... trade lynch, trade stroud, trade kyle williams, trade schobel, trade parrish... get as many picks as u can get. even trade back in the 1st rd ...

jamze132
01-27-2010, 03:06 AM
I tell you what, if we are going to switch to the 3-4, we better be taking McClain if he is available. We are going to need all the immediate help we can on the defensive side of te ball. I would love to take a LT at #9, but with us switching to the 3-4, I think going defense with the first pick is more of a pressing need. Hopefully we can still get a decent LT in the 2nd.

kernowboy
01-27-2010, 03:20 AM
I think its a mistake

It doesn't take into account the people we have on the roster like Ashley Palmer who might become a very good WLB in the 4-3.

I would much prefer dropping the Tampa2 yet having a more aggressive 4-3 as practiced by the Giants and Panthers and to some extent the Eagles with Tackles holding up at the line of scrimmage, and blitzes come from all other angles with, man to man work by the corners.

YardRat
01-27-2010, 04:35 AM
Nix has already picked up NT's to bring to camp. If this is true, IMO Schobel is definitely done, and don't be surprised if somebody like Dunlap ends up being the first round pick.

Yasgur's Farm
01-27-2010, 06:18 AM
These guys are likely to be Bills in a 3-4 D...

DL - Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson
DL/LB Hybrid - Aaron Schobel, Aaron Maybin, Chris Kelsay, Chris Ellis
LB - Paul Posluszny, Kawika Mitchell
Hybrid - Nic Harris, Bryan Scott
LB/S Safety - Donte Whitner, Jairus Byrd, George Wilson
CB - Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence, Reggie orner, Ellis Lankster

Move the hybrids around and fill in the blanks.

psubills62
01-27-2010, 07:48 AM
Nix has already picked up NT's to bring to camp. If this is true, IMO Schobel is definitely done, and don't be surprised if somebody like Dunlap ends up being the first round pick.

He'd better not be. McClain fits the 3-4 just as well, and we have guys that can play DE in a pinch. We have almost nobody who can play LB. I'd much rather get McClain, especially since McClain would be worth the #9 pick.

psubills62
01-27-2010, 07:49 AM
Aaron Kampman was a dominant 4-3 DE and they switched to a 3-4 and he struggled as an OLB dropping into coverage and not rushing the QB on every down. Everyone seems to think Aaron Schobel can make this switch at end of his career. He may be able to pull it off but i don't see him doing it, whether he wanted to or not.

Exactly. And that's if he doesn't retire. Schobel could end up like Kampman, who struggled, or he could be like Elvis Dumervil, who thrived.

Mahdi
01-27-2010, 08:00 AM
well this means terrence cody or dan williams will be our pick in the 2nd...
Both will be gone by the first.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-27-2010, 08:03 AM

Kampman struggled for a couple reason's. One he's big at 280, Schobel is 30 pounds lighter. 2, he was not playing the weakside. He was asked to play over the tightend, bad mistake there cause that means he was the one covering the tight end. He would of been much more successful as that weak side linebacker cause generally they blitz a lot more.

Mahdi
01-27-2010, 08:05 AM

Kyle Williams is too short to play DE in a 3-4, arms are too short as a result of his shortness. 5 technique DEs have to be tall players and stout against the run. Tall to screen the QBs vision downfield as much as possible and knock down passes at the LoS and stout because they have to make up for being a 3 man line as opposed to a 4 man line. There is more responsibility on the DE in a 3-4 to absorb blocks and hold his ground. Kyle Williams is useless in a 3-4. We would have to trade him.

Poz and Mitchell combined weight would be more than Farrior and Timmons of the Steelers so size is not an issue for us at ILB.

Also, the Jets used DeVito as a sub at DE not a starting NT. Their starting NT was Sione Pouha.

Oaf
01-27-2010, 08:28 AM
4-3, 3-4, 2-5, we still need a starting-caliber MLB. Draft McClain.

Jeff1220
01-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Wasn't Gunther Cunningham mentioned as a possibility at some point? What D did he run in KC?

Griz78
01-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Kyle Williams is too short to play DE in a 3-4, arms are too short as a result of his shortness. 5 technique DEs have to be tall players and stout against the run. Tall to screen the QBs vision downfield as much as possible and knock down passes at the LoS and stout because they have to make up for being a 3 man line as opposed to a 4 man line. There is more responsibility on the DE in a 3-4 to absorb blocks and hold his ground. Kyle Williams is useless in a 3-4. We would have to trade him.

Poz and Mitchell combined weight would be more than Farrior and Timmons of the Steelers so size is not an issue for us at ILB.

Also, the Jets used DeVito as a sub at DE not a starting NT. Their starting NT was Sione Pouha.

Mahdi, thanks for the clarification! I guess we could get some value for Williams. So who do you think in our current defense can play a 3-4?
What about guys like N. Harris, Palmer, Corto, McCargo, Sp Johnson, Denney?

Ickybaluky
01-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Wasn't Gunther Cunningham mentioned as a possibility at some point? What D did he run in KC?

Cunningham used a 4-3 in KC.

He has a job, though. He is the DC for Detroit.

RockStar36
01-27-2010, 09:21 AM

I have a very strong feeling the Bills DC "search" ends today.

So which is it?

justasportsfan
01-27-2010, 09:30 AM

Why do you care so much about what posters think about you? You should grow a thick skin when it comes to peoples opinions about you or you'll never get beyond that Jr. journalist tag.

You'll get it right sometimes and sometimes you'll get it wrong .

PFT has been wrong more than they have been right . For every 10 rumors they put out they are probably right 3 times but people go back for the 3 that they've been right about.

patmoran2006
01-27-2010, 09:38 AM
So which is it?

Since it's obvious what you're doing, I'll say it again and I dont know how many more times I have to say it.

My strong feeling is this team already has a defensive coordinator in tact and a least 1-2 other coaches, and I do not know who it is.

Mahdi
01-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Mahdi, thanks for the clarification! I guess we could get some value for Williams. So who do you think in our current defense can play a 3-4?
What about guys like N. Harris, Palmer, Corto, McCargo, Sp Johnson, Denney?

I do think we can run a 3-4 with a lot of our current players. It will not be perfect but we can have a much stouter and more effective defense out of a 3-4 than our current 4-3 set up.

We simply dont have the DTs to be a stout defense out of a 4-3 and our DEs are not great at stopping the run either.

Getting a big NT (which we already have in Lonnie Harvey) and using Stroud and Sp. Johnson as DEs would make us much bigger and stronger upfront and will allow guys like Maybin, Ellis and maybe Schobel to use their skills on the outside. We are fine at ILB with Poz and Mitchell although I think Mitchell can be upgraded, he would be effective in that spot.

We would definitely have to spend a high pick in the draft to select an OLB prospect that can bring power and speed to the position. Derrick Morgan would be my ideal choice. Has the power to be a run stuffer off the edge and the speed to get after the QB also.

I think Nic Harris can compete with Mitchell at ILB. He has decent size at 6'2 235 and can add a bit more weight, but his toughness and style of play are useful at ILB.

Palmer, Corto, Kelsay and Denney have no place in a 3-4. McCargo IMO can compete at the NT position. He has the frame you look for in a NT at 6'2 and he can easily put on some weight and be in the 315-320 neighborhood.

DesertFox24
01-27-2010, 10:14 AM
I think Palmer could get bigger and be a backup MLB.

I guy I really like as an OLB rush guy is Brandon Graham from Michigan, this guy is going to be good.

Mahdi
01-27-2010, 10:39 AM
I think Palmer could get bigger and be a backup MLB.

I guy I really like as an OLB rush guy is Brandon Graham from Michigan, this guy is going to be good.
Palmer is more of a finesse player, even if he puts on weight im not sure how effective he can be inside.

I agree about Graham. The guy is a special talent and I think he will be a PBer in no time. If we can somehow get him in the second or with a trade up he would be perfect as an OLB in our 3-4.

Akhippo
01-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Denney could be a nice 34 End. Spencer Johnson and Stroud also.
K Williams could play NT on passing downs. Hes a little tornado in there.
Kelsay would have to be let go or traded. Same with McCargo.

Pos and you would have to draft McClain. You have to solidify the middle if your going to go inexperience at NT.
Maybin, maybe Schobel and I think some of our younger backers could be plugged into the OLB position.

So basically we will be "light" in the 34 for a year, but we were that in the 43. Whatever brings more pressure is what I want.

ServoBillieves
01-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Marcus Buggs for WILB.

jamze132
01-28-2010, 10:22 AM

I would rather have McClain and Poz than Mitchell and Poz.

Mahdi
01-28-2010, 10:48 AM
I would rather have McClain and Poz than Mitchell and Poz.
I would rather have Derrick Morgan than Aaron Schobel or Chris Ellis. OLB is wayy more critical than ILB in a 3-4.

Mahdi
01-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Denney could be a nice 34 End. Spencer Johnson and Stroud also.
K Williams could play NT on passing downs. Hes a little tornado in there.
Kelsay would have to be let go or traded. Same with McCargo.

Pos and you would have to draft McClain. You have to solidify the middle if your going to go inexperience at NT.
Maybin, maybe Schobel and I think some of our younger backers could be plugged into the OLB position.

So basically we will be "light" in the 34 for a year, but we were that in the 43. Whatever brings more pressure is what I want.
Denney is a FA and will not be re-signed to play 3-4 DE which he would fail at miserably. He is very tall but very light also which is not a characteristic of a 3-4 DE.

patmoran2006
01-28-2010, 11:01 AM
I would rather have Derrick Morgan than Aaron Schobel or Chris Ellis. OLB is wayy more critical than ILB in a 3-4.

I seen a mock, which of course means absolutely nothing in January, on ESPN that had Morgan going to Seattle with the 6th pick (I think 6th-- but def Seattle)

Mahdi
01-28-2010, 11:08 AM
I seen a mock, which of course means absolutely nothing in January, on ESPN that had Morgan going to Seattle with the 6th pick (I think 6th-- but def Seattle)
Its definitely possible of course. They need a pass rush but they need a lot of things. They need a DT, DE, QB, OT, WR also. They could just as easily select Okung, Clausen, Bradford, McCoy even Eric Berry.

Akhippo
01-28-2010, 12:46 PM

I would rather have a stout middle first. Every one says that we need a heavy NT for the 34. We also need stout backers in the middle.

Jan Reimers
01-28-2010, 01:04 PM
I will be surprised, too, if we switch. It seems that it will require us to fill more holes than we already have.

On the bright side, we need a DE, DT and LB, even if we stay with the 43. Now we just draft guys at these positions that are better suited to the 34. It may give Maybin a better chance, too.

DesertFox24
01-28-2010, 02:52 PM
I am not sure Morgan is explosive enough to play Rush OLB, granted we will see more at the combine. I will so though I did not see that Ware Merriman factor when I watched him this year, he looked like a 43 LE to me the whole way.

patmoran2006
02-04-2010, 01:18 PM
RS and BMN

Since I"m so obviously starved for attention and approval.

You gonna at least give me credit for this ONE article?

BlackMetalNinja
02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
RS and BMN

You gonna at least give me credit for this ONE article?Yup, you were right, not bad considering the odds...

patmoran2006
02-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Yup, you were right, not bad considering the odds...

That surely wasn't the favorable odds.

And thanks.

Now gimme 2-3 days and I'll **** something up you can blast off on.

RockStar36
02-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Good job Pat.

I am more than happy to give credit where credit is due.

BloFan4Life
02-04-2010, 02:00 PM
RS and BMN

You gonna at least give me credit for this ONE article?

I could have told you we were going with the 3-4. One Buddy was hired he pretty much said they were going. Then when they picked Gailey it was even more obvious. You went with something that had a 50-50 percentage. I am actually surprised you picked the right one.

patmoran2006
02-04-2010, 02:00 PM
I could have told you we were going with the 3-4. One Buddy was hired he pretty much said they were going. Then when they picked Gailey it was even more obvious. You went with something that had a 50-50 percentage. I am actually surprised you picked the right one.

LOL.

OK hater