PDA

View Full Version : Charges against Whitner dropped

T-Long
01-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Last April, Bills safety Donte Whitner was arrested in Cleveland for aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

His apprehension included the use of a Taser gun, which prompted Whitner at one point to threaten to file a lawsuit.

Now, the matter is closed.

FULL STORY (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/26/charges-dropped-against-donte-whitner/)

B-DON
01-26-2010, 11:22 PM
tell marshawn to get whitners lawyers

Cntrygal
02-03-2010, 09:33 AM
According to the Buffalo News, the charges were dropped after Whitner completed a "selective intervention program," which required him to meet with a probation officer over the past three months.

What is a "selective intervention program"?

trapezeus
02-03-2010, 10:30 AM
I was expecting to see that this thread was going to say, "Charged against whitner dropped when the lawyers threw the charges at whitner."

OpIv37
02-03-2010, 10:38 AM
The charges against Whitner were dropped like Whitner when he tries to tackle MJD (or any other back above 200)

trapezeus
02-03-2010, 10:43 AM
The charges against Whitner were dropped like Whitner when he tries to tackle MJD (or any other back above 200)

I would have referenced to two years ago when he tried to tackle the patriots back up running back and just got crushed. I believe he did the sad snoopy walk back to the lockerroom and was done for the game.

That is the official, "i have lost all patience for this guy." moment for whitner.

I hope we trade whitner to the colts for Manning. They can't keep sanders healthy, and all of a sudden manning's contract could be an issue. Whitner for manning and we'll throw lindell in to get the deal done. Also, afinogenov and parrish are possible trade bait that will get the colts excited.

OpIv37
02-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I would have referenced to two years ago when he tried to tackle the patriots back up running back and just got crushed. I believe he did the sad snoopy walk back to the lockerroom and was done for the game.

That is the official, "i have lost all patience for this guy." moment for whitner.

I hope we trade whitner to the colts for Manning. They can't keep sanders healthy, and all of a sudden manning's contract could be an issue. Whitner for manning and we'll throw lindell in to get the deal done. Also, afinogenov and parrish are possible trade bait that will get the colts excited.
The mjd one i'm thinking of was earlier the same season. But I do recall the play you are talking about, and yes, whitner did indeed get injured. Saint Donte's worshippers blamed it on a pre existing shoulder injury.

On a positive note, I think that moment finally dispelled the myth that he's a "hard hitter"

trapezeus
02-03-2010, 10:52 AM
well he's part of the equation of a hard hit. just the wrong side of the equation.