PDA

View Full Version : the reason we need chad pennington...

NOT THE DUDE...
01-27-2010, 04:01 AM
the dolphins were in dire straights with little talent in the trenches and also ran a 43 defense. parcells did it right. pennington would give us 2-3 years to find a young qb. getting pennington would also allow us to build the lines in this draft which is what we desperatley need to do! getting pennington also allows us to be competitive this season while we build the trenches up. bring in pennington and this would be my mock.

1 bryan bulaga ot
2 brandon graham olb
3 dan lefevour qb
4 jay ross nt
5 eric olsen g/c
6 doug worthington de
6 brandon deaderick de
7 drew davis ot
7 roy upchurch rb

kernowboy
01-27-2010, 04:07 AM
the dolphins were in dire straights with little talent in the trenches and also ran a 43 defense. parcells did it right. pennington would give us 2-3 years to find a young qb. getting pennington would also allow us to build the lines in this draft which is what we desperatley need to do! getting pennington also allows us to be competitive this season while we build the trenches up. bring in pennington and this would be my mock.

1 bryan bulaga ot
2 brandon graham olb
3 dan lefevour qb
4 jay ross nt
5 eric olsen g/c
6 doug worthington de
6 brandon deaderick de
7 drew davis ot
7 roy upchurch rb

I think if we got Pennington, we could see how Brohm develops and if that doesn't work out, go QB in 2011. My draft is

1 Bruce Campbell LT
3 (trade down) Rob Gronkowski TE
3 Sean Lee ILB
4 (trade down) Linval Joseph DT
4 (Lynch trade) Jay Ross DT
4 CJ Wilson LE/DT
5 Naaman Roosevelt WR
6 James Starks RB
6 Mike Kafka QB
7 Brad Phillips S
7 Cory Jackson FB

mchurchfie
01-27-2010, 04:08 AM
This weather would swallow up Pennington's already weak arm, if our OL didn't already get him killed before the weather got bad.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-27-2010, 04:21 AM
i would bring in these free agents and resign these people

resign
bryan scott
george wilson
chris draft
richie incognito
derek schouman

sign
aubrayo franklin nt
jarvis green de
sean ryan te
dan krieder fb
matt wilhelm ilb
chris chambers wr

starters

evans
bulaga
levitre
hangartner
wood
butler
nelson
chambers
pennington
krieder
jackson

green
franklin
stroud
schobel
poz
mitchell
kelsay
mcgee
mckelvin
whitner
byrd

NOT THE DUDE...
01-27-2010, 04:21 AM
i would bring in these free agents and resign these people

resign
bryan scott
george wilson
chris draft
richie incognito
derek schouman

sign
aubrayo franklin nt
jarvis green de
sean ryan te
dan krieder fb
matt wilhelm ilb
chris chambers wr

starters

evans
bulaga
levitre
hangartner
wood
butler
nelson
chambers
pennington
krieder
jackson

green
franklin
stroud
schobel
poz
mitchell
kelsay
mcgee
mckelvin
whitner
byrd

kernowboy
01-27-2010, 04:26 AM
I don't think Nix will go the Free Agent route and there is no point in bringing in average FAs on the downside when we'd be better off trying to develop our youngsters

NOT THE DUDE...
01-27-2010, 04:30 AM
im sure hes willing to sign middle free agents, nobody on that list is A STAR..... He will use free agency to fill gaps with role players, but he will mostly build through the draft.

in my second round i cant decide if we should take brandon graham or terrence cody? i guess pass rushers are more important...

kernowboy
01-27-2010, 04:56 AM
im sure hes willing to sign middle free agents, nobody on that list is A STAR..... He will use free agency to fill gaps with role players, but he will mostly build through the draft.

in my second round i cant decide if we should take brandon graham or terrence cody? i guess pass rushers are more important...

Cody and Williams will not be there in R2. NTs are at a premium now and both will go in R1

ChristopherWalken
01-27-2010, 06:39 AM
JP Losman > Chad Pennington

Luisito23
01-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Chad Pennington is almost as pathetic as this thread...:busted:

Jan Reimers
01-27-2010, 06:53 AM
Half of Pennington's passes would go backward in the winds of the Ralph.

realdealryan
01-27-2010, 07:02 AM
Regardless of the level of success Penny might have here in Buffalo, Nix was pretty clear about getting a strong-armed quarterback. Chad won't even get a sniff.

streetkings01
01-27-2010, 07:43 AM
I would love to see Pennington throw alley-oop deep passes to Evans in the Buffalo wind!(sarcasm)

RockStar36
01-27-2010, 07:47 AM
Anybody that thinks noodle arm Pennington would be a good fit in Buffalo needs smacked in the face.

SABURZFAN
01-27-2010, 08:06 AM
is he even going to be coming back from his injury? i'm not too sure about bringing Pennington into the fold.

Night Train
01-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Chad noodle arm doesn't fit the windy conditions of the Ralph.

Historian
01-27-2010, 08:20 AM
JP Losman > Chad Pennington

I think it's quite the opposite:

Pennington: intellegent QB, often injured, weak passer. Great QB for a dome or warm weather team.

JP: Strong armed, but not terribly bright. Easilly confused by zone blitzes.

SABURZFAN
01-27-2010, 08:21 AM
I think it's quite the opposite:

Pennington: intellegent QB, often injured, weak passer. Great QB for a dome or warm weather team.

JP: Strong armed, but not terribly bright. Easilly confused by zone blitzes.

they keep a Licking and still keep ticking.

elltrain22
01-27-2010, 08:23 AM
There is no way in heck that Chad Pennington would or could succeed w/ the Bills. He wouldn't last 1 game w/ our crappy pass protection, and then we'd be back to square one.

trapezeus
01-27-2010, 08:23 AM
pennington is also very old. he also has a tendency to get injured a lot. oh, and the weak armed bit in buffalo.

If fitzpatrick's out routes were pathetic, imagine the half effort of a pennington pass.

Pennington should start transitioning himself for life after being a player. he might be a good qb coach if he wants to.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-27-2010, 10:29 AM
even I have a stronger arm than Chad Pennington!

Bill Cody
01-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Pennington's throws might get blown backwards in RWS

Lexwhat
01-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Some of you guys really overstate things. Pennington is about the only "available" QB that makes sense, and who might also be willing to come here.

I wouldn't mind giving Troy Smith a look, but he's pretty unknown as far as being a full-time NFL starter goes.

Pennington might still have something left in the tank, and he's an intelligent QB who's had success in this league.

Jaybird
01-27-2010, 10:50 AM
the guy is done!

Stewie
01-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Pennington would be a great guy to have in Buffalo next year. He's a winner, he's a class football player. I don't really see how the weather in Buffalo is that much different than the weather at the meadowlands.

Plus, our receivers are already trained to never expect the ball beyond 20 yards downfield :snicker:

BertSquirtgum
01-27-2010, 12:33 PM
all and all. chad pennington in buffalo is a terrible idea. the idea of it makes me wonder the iq of the thread starter. pennington could hardly make it farther than 20 yards in miami. how well do you think he would fair in buffalo with 70 mph winds blowing goal posts over? that was an insane game, just because of the wind.

Prov401
01-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Pennington is lucky if he could throw 30yds into the wind.

Hasn't it been reported that Gailey wants a strog, big time arm? Yea, that would mean at the very top of the list, Pennigton's name is crossed off.

Griff
01-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Pennington, in the Bills stadium, in December? This is not a good combination.

Static
01-27-2010, 12:52 PM
i thought you were tired of QB's who check down?

Griff
01-27-2010, 12:52 PM
even I have a stronger arm than Chad Pennington!
http://beat.bodoglife.com/wp-content/uploads/Kyle%20Maynard.jpg

so does this guy

Liverpoolkev
01-27-2010, 02:43 PM
We need noodle arm penninbgton like we need Bledsoe at 40 ..:sarcasm:.....Sorry guys there is no brandon,overdorf,littman in the personnel dept to make these stupid decisions :nsfw:

dhasek00
01-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Pennington would be a great guy to have in Buffalo next year. He's a winner, he's a class football player. I don't really see how the weather in Buffalo is that much different than the weather at the meadowlands.

Plus, our receivers are already trained to never expect the ball beyond 20 yards downfield :snicker:

The problem is that him and Clemens went 4-12 with the Jets who had a pretty good looking line in 2007 (nearly the same line they have now). Brett Favre came in a year later and turned that team into a 9-7 record. He would be a bad guy to have in Buffalo. Unless 4-12 is considered winning, I don't know what to consider him as. Definitely not a "winner".

NOT THE DUDE...
01-27-2010, 06:41 PM
if penningtion isnt an option then the only other option is charlie batch. and arm strength or not , pennington is better....

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-27-2010, 06:44 PM
if penningtion isnt an option then the only other option is charlie batch. and arm strength or not , pennington is better....

Please stop, we don't want anymore sloppy seconds. We need to draft a franchise QB.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-27-2010, 08:34 PM

1 bryan bulaga ot
2 brandon graham olb
3 dan lefevour qb
4 jay ross nt
5 eric olsen g/c
6 doug worthington de
6 brandon deaderick de
7 drew davis ot
7 roy upchurch rb
no. just no...he's a injury problem