PDA

View Full Version : Bills training staff

T-Long
01-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Just read that the Redskins cleaned house with their training staff and I got to thinking...what is the FO waiting for? Did they SEE our IR list? Get it done, Buddy.

DesertFox24
01-27-2010, 09:34 AM
I thought they were let go with the rest of the coaching staff, could be wrong though.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Ya T I thought they were let go a long time ago.

Aero II
01-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Can we make a trade with the Bears to get Rusty Jones back?

elltrain22
01-27-2010, 10:23 AM
I thought they were let go with the rest of the coaching staff, could be wrong though.

thats what I thought too. If they're still around, you're right, they def' need to be shown the door.

CoolBreeze
01-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Just read that the Redskins cleaned house with their training staff and I got to thinking...what is the FO waiting for? Did they SEE our IR list? Get it done, Buddy.

I could be wrong, but, isn't the training staff different from the strength and conditioning aspect? Usually the trainers are more medical trained for injuries and such, whereas the strength and conditioning staff is more geared towards prevention, diet, etc. etc. Strength and Condition coach J.T. Allaire was fired. I am sure each team is different as to how they quantify duties, who knows. The Redskins could have had a 20 person staff geared towards diet and prevention, then trainers for another aspect, while in Buffalo it's all one in the same. As you know Nix stressed this when he was hired, that the strength and conditioning was a glaring weakness on this team.

MikeInRoch
01-27-2010, 10:31 AM
We've been over this. Blaming the IR list on the training staff is stupid.

elltrain22
01-27-2010, 10:36 AM
We've been over this. Blaming the IR list on the training staff is stupid.

I think you can point the finger, to a certain extent, when for the last 3-4 years our team has always been absolutely decimated w/ injuries.

CoolBreeze
01-27-2010, 10:41 AM
I think you can point the finger, to a certain extent, when for the last 3-4 years our team has always been absolutely decimated w/ injuries.

This is true, in the time Allaire become strength and condition coach, injuries have doubled. 21 on IR this year, I think somewhere around 18 last year.
The fact is, if they aren't conditioned properly it could cause injury. If a guy is 1/2 second late on a hit, he breaks an arm, if a guy doesn't stretch properly they tear a muscle. The wrong diet can create a slower, weaker player. It does matter.

justasportsfan
01-27-2010, 11:22 AM
This is true, in the time Allaire become strength and condition coach, injuries have doubled. 21 on IR this year, I think somewhere around 18 last year.
The fact is, if they aren't conditioned properly it could cause injury. If a guy is 1/2 second late on a hit, he breaks an arm, if a guy doesn't stretch properly they tear a muscle. The wrong diet can create a slower, weaker player. It does matter.

you can also blame Dicks "walk through" camps and practices that leads to creating soft bodies.

bigbub2352
01-27-2010, 11:58 AM
you can also blame Dicks "walk through" camps and practices that leads to creating soft bodies.

I remember making a thread about this and being blasted by a few on here, yet 3-4 yrs of pussy camp and not getting ur body ready for real contact will kill ya anyone u ever played a down of real football can contest to that

Skeletor didnt run these guys hard enough and it killed us every year

Plus drafting guys who were injury prone in college kills u 2 Tom Modrak if ur listening

T-Long
01-27-2010, 12:17 PM
This is why players fought to keep Jauron. He never called them out, camps and practices were laid back, and he was everybody's friend. Who wouldn't want a boss like that?

Thanks for the clarification on the strength/conditioning staff. I forgot they were let go along with all the other coaches.

MikeInRoch
01-27-2010, 12:19 PM

Correlation is not the same as causation.