PDA

View Full Version : Gaughan: Nguyen a prospect to join staff

patmoran2006
01-27-2010, 09:41 AM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/01/nguyen-a-prospect.html

Reports out of Dallas say Cowboys assistant linebackers coach Dat Nguyen is leaving Wade Phillips' staff. Nguyen played under Bills coach Chan Gailey when Gailey was head coach of the Cowboys in 1999. He has been on the Cowboys' staff since 2007. He had a good relationship with Gailey, and is a prospect to join the Bills' defensive staff.

patmoran2006
01-27-2010, 09:42 AM
If true, yet another indicator we're going 3-4

Pinkerton Security
01-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Dat Nguyen! I used to like him just because he was the only Vietnamese-American to play in the league, and I thought that was neat

WeAreArthurMoates
01-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Man this would be a great pick-up as a the ILB coach. Wonder if he could be the DC though?

ParanoidAndroid
01-27-2010, 10:12 AM
He was an underrated player as well, IMO.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Looks like Ralph may finally loosen the strings on his purse for coaches. So I guess we are going to have an ILB coach, an OLB coach, a CB coach, a Safety coach, a DT coach, and DE coach on the defensive side alone. All is missing is a guy to coordinate them all.

EDS
01-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Man this would be a great pick-up as a the ILB coach. Wonder if he could be the DC though?

He doesn't seem qualified to be a DC based on his experience.

justasportsfan
01-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Looks like Ralph may finally loosen the strings on his purse for coaches. So I guess we are going to have an ILB coach, an OLB coach, a CB coach, a Safety coach, a DT coach, and DE coach on the defensive side alone. All is missing is a guy to coordinate them all.
He did save a lot by bringing in Gailey

Mr. Miyagi
01-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Nguyen was an intense effort player. We need somebody with that kind of fire. Go for it. :up:

DraftBoy
01-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Loved Dat as a player and prospect coming out of Texas A&M. Don't know much about him as a coach, but I love his fire and intensity.

BillsWin
01-27-2010, 12:05 PM
It looks like the Bills want to make the transition as easy as possible for the team. Grabbing coaches like Giff and Nguyen makes sense in that regard.

Nighthawk
01-27-2010, 12:25 PM
This would be sweet...I won a Dat Nguyen signed football at a stag a few years back and now it would actually mean something to me.

Meathead
01-27-2010, 01:22 PM
you have to admire all that hes accomplished in the nfl despite having such a tiny penis

CoolBreeze
01-27-2010, 01:27 PM
you have to admire all that hes accomplished in the nfl despite having such a tiny penis

I guess he just tickeled you and didn't hurt you?

bigbub2352
01-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Dat was an animal on the feild hope if he comes he can show some of our players how to play like that

tampabay25690
01-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Great coach to have onboard

Night Train
01-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Loved Dat as a player and prospect coming out of Texas A&M. Don't know much about him as a coach, but I love his fire and intensity.

I remember him well. 1st team All-American who would run through a wall and hit everything that moved.

Jan Reimers
01-27-2010, 03:52 PM
It's really funny. We generally hate the five new coaches Gailey just brought in, but we love Dat. He was a good player, and we know his name, so we're all over him. Of course, we don't know if he can coach or not.

I'm not against his hiring at all. I'm just saying we hate the other guys, even though we know little about them. We love Dat because we know his name.

patmoran2006
01-27-2010, 03:55 PM
It's really funny. We generally hate the five new coaches Gailey just brought in, but we love Dat. He was a good player, and we know his name, so we're all over him. Of course, we don't know if he can coach or not.

I'm not against his hiring at all. I'm just saying we hate the other guys, even though we know little about them. We love Dat because we know his name.

True.. but a little research shows the track record in KC and it wasnt pretty at all.

And I'd put stock into Mark Gaughan, he's not a gossip writer, when he throws out a specific name it usually has meaning.

He was the first to report about Gailey

kernowboy
01-27-2010, 04:00 PM
If true, yet another indicator we're going 3-4

He may have coached in a 3-4 but he played for many years under Dave Campo in a 4-3 I believe.

I think it was Parcells who implemented the 3-4 in Dallas from 2003 onwards at the end of Nyugen's playing career

BILLSROCK1212
01-27-2010, 04:53 PM
True.. but a little research shows the track record in KC and it wasnt pretty at all.

And I'd put stock into Mark Gaughan, he's not a gossip writer, when he throws out a specific name it usually has meaning.

He was the first to report about Gailey
Pat, I respect your reporting but what exactly is so bad about the track record of these coaches? I have 10x more faith in this "administration" than any other that we've had in the past decade.

patmoran2006
01-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Pat, I respect your reporting but what exactly is so bad about the track record of these coaches? I have 10x more faith in this "administration" than any other that we've had in the past decade.

its just merely my initial reaction.. I don't know enough about them to make any real conclusion, just not a fan of picking apart a horrible team's coaching staff.

I thought KC had better than 2-14 talent with those guys.

BILLSROCK1212
01-27-2010, 07:03 PM
its just merely my initial reaction.. I don't know enough about them to make any real conclusion, just not a fan of picking apart a horrible team's coaching staff.

I thought KC had better than 2-14 talent with those guys.
hmmm understandable, i feel most of KCs problems were the inconsistency at QB, young players developing, along with LJs poor production...i think this year is where they rlly shudve and cudve done better, but Haley screwed it up

WeAreArthurMoates
01-27-2010, 07:30 PM
hmmm understandable, i feel most of KCs problems were the inconsistency at QB, young players developing, along with LJs poor production...i think this year is where they rlly shudve and cudve done better, but Haley screwed it up

KC's biggest problem the last two years have been their D. In 2008, the O was good.

BILLSROCK1212
01-27-2010, 08:13 PM
KC's biggest problem the last two years have been their D. In 2008, the O was good.
well then that just makes our coaching staff look better, and considering how they lit up the Broncos in the finale that's another plus....Pendergrast on the other hand would be a big MINUS

WeAreArthurMoates
01-27-2010, 08:50 PM
well then that just makes our coaching staff look better, and considering how they lit up the Broncos in the finale that's another plus....Pendergrast on the other hand would be a big MINUS

ya I like Pendergast better than Fewell but I'd much rather have Fangio, heck I'd rather have Bates.