PDA

View Full Version : A legitimate franchise QB

kernowboy
01-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Whilst fans salivate about Bradford and Clausen, two things need to be considered.

Bradford, for the most part, enjoyed his success behind an elite college OL, which is something we cannot offer him at the moment in the pros

Clausen, had the benefit of a pair of the best receivers in college football, whilst it can be argued that we cannot provide him with a legitimate No1 WR let alone a pair.

How they might succeed without such advantages is open to discussion.

The guy I hope the Bills might be prepared to wait for is Andrew Luck

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/293593-is-andrew-luck-the-most-sure-thing-nfl-qb-prospect-since-peyton-manning

If Harbaugh leaves Stanford after next year, Luck might go to the pros as a sophmore and he'll have as much playing experience as Bradford has. In 2012 he'll be a junior and in 2013 a senior.

This guy has elite franchise QB written all over him and has the size and toughness to succeed in Buffalo.

Our roster has full of holes. Use this draft and the next to finish the OL, complete the switch to the 3-4 if we are going that way and get by with a game manager and the draft Luck, if necessary trading all our picks in one draft to get him. He'll come into an environment where he could easily be a rookie SuperBowl winner as we'll have fixed all the other elements in the team.

Bill Cody
01-27-2010, 10:30 AM
I like your post but the Bills have been waiting for Luck for a long long time.

elltrain22
01-27-2010, 10:37 AM
I like your post but the Bills have been waiting for Luck for a long long time.

nice!!

Dicknoze69
01-27-2010, 10:43 AM
There are so many variables to consider about drafting Luck. He could separate his shoulder or blow out his knee before he's draft-eligible. Another team with a higher draft pick could pick him before we do. Even if you try to trade up there's no guarantee that we'll succeed. He could pull a Jevan Snead and have a terrible year.

In short, preparing to wait on a QB who may not be drafted until 2013 is nothing short of foolishness. There's way to many things that could happen.

Philagape
01-27-2010, 10:53 AM
This whole concept of planning out who the team takes in future drafts is ridiculous.
I'm glad people have so much time on their hands to map things out that have almost no chance of happening.

Bill Cody
01-27-2010, 11:10 AM
This whole concept of planning out who the team takes in future drafts is ridiculous.
I'm glad people have so much time on their hands to map things out that have almost no chance of happening.

says the guy with 15k posts lol