PDA

View Full Version : Why all the Secrets in regards to Naming a Staff???

bigbub2352
01-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Why are the Bills acting like they know more than everyone else?
Why are the Bills not naming coachs yet?
Why are the Bills acting like its a top secret search for who they are getting ? example not officially naming Modkins and Smith?

I have to say i am sick of the Bills Brass acting like they no more than everyone in the league when it comes to naming a staff, signing FA, and the draft

I have been an extreme fan like many on here and i have watch Nix act ****y in his 2 press conferances as well as watch modrak act like an ******* describing his picks

Addto the mix our CEO who is never in front of the camera like a coward... Hell how disrespectful was it RW and Russ werent there to introduce the guy they picked along with Nix to lead us into this new decade?

Any one else see this? Name your staff you have had since the end of the season to do so and yet we are here like media whore's grasping at ever so called Source Rumor and post

Pat, Coach Sal, T-Long, BillsWin, Draft Boy.... i respect your veiws and hold what you post here in hi regard and appreciate the hard work you guys do so would love to hear your take on this?

Get a ****ing Clue OBD ur fan base is the one who is suffering!!!

trapezeus
01-27-2010, 11:51 AM
worse than what you are outlining, they are coming to the realization no one wants to play for their organization the way its structured.

Releasin gnames of people you are targeting and then not getting them or anyone on that list will look worse than it already does.

I think that's why they aren't saying anything.

don137
01-27-2010, 11:54 AM
They may be having a hard time to fill out their coaching staff because so many people said no just like their search for a head coach. Look at the other teams. When a head coach is hired the staff is in place within a couple days.

bigbub2352
01-27-2010, 11:55 AM
worse than what you are outlining, they are coming to the realization no one wants to play for their organization the way its structured.

Releasin gnames of people you are targeting and then not getting them or anyone on that list will look worse than it already does.

I think that's why they aren't saying anything.

Its the organization as a whole they are so half ass and unprofessional in what they do then they wonder why we are the butt of all the national media's jokes
so sad

justasportsfan
01-27-2010, 11:55 AM
would you rather they just go out and bring in guys like Fairchild ,Shonert and AVP to run things around here?

I'm glad they aren't rushing things.

Saratoga Slim
01-27-2010, 12:00 PM
I usually agree with your posts, but this time around.....I don't see it.

I don't think there's anything condescending about not making their search public. Not publicly naming the people that they are interviewing is actually actually the way to do RIGHT by those people. First, no one wants the guys on their current team to know that they're interviewing elsewhere. Second, it's embarrassing to have the public know you interviewed for a job and didn't get it. Thus, keeping the interview process under wraps is good practice. We have enough trouble attracting good candidates - it's important to make sure that the people that ARE willing to interview think that they can do so with some degree of confidentiality.

The Bills owe us a better football product, but I don't think that we are owed complete transparency into the hiring process. Frustrating to wait, I totally agree. And you can argue that this should be happening more quickly. But I have no real gripe about not being told exactly what's happening behind the scenes.

Dicknoze69
01-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Why are the Bills acting like its a top secret search for who they are getting ? example not officially naming Modkins and Smith?

I have to say i am sick of the Bills Brass acting like they no more than everyone in the league when it comes to naming a staff, signing FA, and the draft

I have been an extreme fan like many on here and i have watch Nix act ****y in his 2 press conferances as well as watch modrak act like an ******* describing his picks

Addto the mix our CEO who is never in front of the camera like a coward... Hell how disrespectful was it RW and Russ werent there to introduce the guy they picked along with Nix to lead us into this new decade?

Any one else see this? Name your staff you have had since the end of the season to do so and yet we are here like media whore's grasping at ever so called Source Rumor and post

Pat, Coach Sal, T-Long, BillsWin, Draft Boy.... i respect your veiws and hold what you post here in hi regard and appreciate the hard work you guys do so would love to hear your take on this?

Keep in mind that a lot of teams are pretty secretive. The Patriots are probably the most famous example because they don't tell the truth when it comes to player injuries, coaching hires, etc. It is a league where competitive advantage plays a role.

I don't think it really hurts the fanbase because if they win ball games, no one will care that they didn't announce the coaches until the entire staff was in place.

bigbub2352
01-27-2010, 12:02 PM
would you rather they just go out and bring in guys like Fairchild ,Shonert and AVP to run things around here?

I'm glad they aren't rushing things.

no that isnt exactly what i mean, who hires a HC that doesnt have most of his staff in place? or a general idea of who they are gonna hire?

i agree not rushign into it is the right thing, but we are at a snails pace right now and they have had more than a month

Look how long they waited to name Chan gailey they could have done that when they named Nix

justasportsfan
01-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Chan may not be all that as a HC hire but I hope he does his homework and suround himself with good assts.

bigbub2352
01-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Keep in mind that a lot of teams are pretty secretive. The Patriots are probably the most famous example because they don't tell the truth when it comes to player injuries, coaching hires, etc. It is a league where competitive advantage plays a role.

I don't think it really hurts the fanbase because if they win ball games, no one will care that they didn't announce the coaches until the entire staff was in place.

good point! but we dont win so it im sick of how this front office goes about its business

justasportsfan
01-27-2010, 12:04 PM
no that isnt exactly what i mean, who hires a HC that doesnt have most of his staff in place? or a general idea of who they are gonna hire?
i agree not rushign into it is the right thing, but we are at a snails pace right now and they have had more than a month

Look how long they waited to name Chan gailey they could have done that when they named Nix
I had the same questions when we hired him but it's too late to cry over spilled milk. Now that he's here , let him think it through and hopefully he'll make the right decisions.

bigbub2352
01-27-2010, 12:06 PM
I usually agree with your posts, but this time around.....I don't see it.

I don't think there's anything condescending about not making their search public. Not publicly naming the people that they are interviewing is actually actually the way to do RIGHT by those people. First, no one wants the guys on their current team to know that they're interviewing elsewhere. Second, it's embarrassing to have the public know you interviewed for a job and didn't get it. Thus, keeping the interview process under wraps is good practice. We have enough trouble attracting good candidates - it's important to make sure that the people that ARE willing to interview think that they can do so with some degree of confidentiality.

The Bills owe us a better football product, but I don't think that we are owed complete transparency into the hiring process. Frustrating to wait, I totally agree. And you can argue that this should be happening more quickly. But I have no real gripe about not being told exactly what's happening behind the scenes.

Good Post, but my point is the better football product that was promised to us with the promise to spend money, which they clearly did not do with Chan hiring,

I think all and all it is just getting old being treated like we are by the bills brass is more the point of my post, we are the reason they are employed we sell out the games and we buy the merchandise

yet RW took a home game away form us to line his pockets, then lies about wanting to blow things up and after yet another losing season promotes Russ Nix and keeps modrak after miss after miss in the draft

that is my point

i understand the stealth approach but shouldnt these guys be hired already? shouldnt chan have a plan? im sure he does...but why not announce hirings then we dont even know who is at the senior bowl for us? unless its modrak and Nix and look at what modrak has done....

trapezeus
01-27-2010, 12:12 PM
i just remain skeptical. it's like the banking crisis. The idiots who led these banks to their insolvency are still the same guys running it now. How can you have faith they are making changes?

Well on one hand, you could say, "those executives saw the worst of everything, and now will go forward with better knowledge."

If you try to apply that to the bills front office, Russ brandon has been through this 3 times! he's learned nothing. Why are we suppose to think that he got a good coach when he's nver done it before. and he's added no new thought to the plan?

Why should we trust his GM selection? The guy needs to go. he's a marketing guru of football in WNY. Does that not strike you as odd? Could you not sell football in buffalo?

The bills are doomed to be a bottoming feeding team until russ brandon gets out of the way and lets a guy who's done this before run the calls. This was the last shot that we had before ralph passes, and we blew it.

i'm getting myself prepared for the eventual sale and move of this team. They made it crystal clear that that is their biggest interest.

DraftBoy
01-27-2010, 12:13 PM

Since you named me Ill give my take, now saying this I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO INSIGHT OR SOURCES as to what the Bills are doing exactly. All I can give is my OPINION.

Now here is my opinion about it;
I wouldn't introduce my staff in pieces because of the connections involved in it. You name a DC every other team in the league and reporter starts looking at trees and who worked with who and who played with who and its just a mess. Way too much speculation and it can hurt if a team in their search.

I would also want my staff in place as soon as possible. Gailey has been the coach for roughly a week now, and I expect him to have a rough staff in place by the two week mark. We are already hurting this week having to scout the Senior Bowl with fewer asst coaches that can watch more players and at the same time conduct interviews for coaches on the staff. I dont like the timing or how it hurts us in man power but I do understand the secrecy. Its key in the NFL, the less people know about what you're doing the better off you probably are.

T-Long
01-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Trust me, I feel as much frustration as you do. I believe that Gailey wants to have everyone sign sealed and delivered before allowing the team to release an official press release on the hiring. In my opinion, most of the hirings have already taken place, it's just now the dotting of the I's and crossing of the T's. As you have seen the past week, word is already leaking out on coaches coming here. Hang tight...it's just a matter of time before they all will get announced.

bigbub2352
01-27-2010, 01:38 PM
i just remain skeptical. it's like the banking crisis. The idiots who led these banks to their insolvency are still the same guys running it now. How can you have faith they are making changes?

Well on one hand, you could say, "those executives saw the worst of everything, and now will go forward with better knowledge."

If you try to apply that to the bills front office, Russ brandon has been through this 3 times! he's learned nothing. Why are we suppose to think that he got a good coach when he's nver done it before. and he's added no new thought to the plan?

Why should we trust his GM selection? The guy needs to go. he's a marketing guru of football in WNY. Does that not strike you as odd? Could you not sell football in buffalo?

The bills are doomed to be a bottoming feeding team until russ brandon gets out of the way and lets a guy who's done this before run the calls. This was the last shot that we had before ralph passes, and we blew it.

i'm getting myself prepared for the eventual sale and move of this team. They made it crystal clear that that is their biggest interest.

great Post Trap, those same *******s in the banking industry bankrupt my brokerage firm so i know exatcly what ur saying my friend!

bigbub2352
01-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Since you named me Ill give my take, now saying this I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO INSIGHT OR SOURCES as to what the Bills are doing exactly. All I can give is my OPINION.

Now here is my opinion about it;
I wouldn't introduce my staff in pieces because of the connections involved in it. You name a DC every other team in the league and reporter starts looking at trees and who worked with who and who played with who and its just a mess. Way too much speculation and it can hurt if a team in their search.

I would also want my staff in place as soon as possible. Gailey has been the coach for roughly a week now, and I expect him to have a rough staff in place by the two week mark. We are already hurting this week having to scout the Senior Bowl with fewer asst coaches that can watch more players and at the same time conduct interviews for coaches on the staff. I dont like the timing or how it hurts us in man power but I do understand the secrecy. Its key in the NFL, the less people know about what you're doing the better off you probably are.

i guess my post is more about how the front office treats the fan base than doing things in secrecy, i aprreciate the insight DB ur one of my favorite posters to argue with!!

bigbub2352
01-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Trust me, I feel as much frustration as you do. I believe that Gailey wants to have everyone sign sealed and delivered before allowing the team to release an official press release on the hiring. In my opinion, most of the hirings have already taken place, it's just now the dotting of the I's and crossing of the T's. As you have seen the past week, word is already leaking out on coaches coming here. Hang tight...it's just a matter of time before they all will get announced.

LOL i guess my post is meaningless now cause they announced some hirings, but man those hirings dont look to hot
holdovers from KC and GT not good!

djjimkelly
01-27-2010, 02:07 PM
i dont think there are any secrets

we basically are the only team trying to fill out a staff, so most staffs have everything in place. we arent competing for people.

at this point there is no serious rush.

our gm and scouts are in place at the senior bowl the organization is neither being perfect or messing it up.

take it easy everyone :)

trapezeus
01-27-2010, 03:53 PM
i just think the situation with the NFL and how it perceives the bills from players to GM's to owners is summed up in Bud Adams finger salute.

It's much more dire than any of us ever knew. The fact no one legitimate wants to come even with over market rates proves to you that there is a serious crisis of faith in Brandon, Wilson and the other morons designed to run the team.

As much as you hate citibank, bank of america, etc, you probably still have your life's assets with them. I mean, seriously, the fact you can't get a top end coach with money and all power with his old pals has to speak loudly to everyone.

We are sitting in prayer mode. we have to literally pray that every low percentage play we make like taking gailey turns out like grooming Jason peters, and getting Fred jackson.

You can hit on low percentage plays occassionally, but you can't rely on that for every single position from owner down to midget trainer. You can't. It's obscene that they're forcing us to live with this.

Fans deserve better. In a conference of 16 teams, half make the playoffs. anywhere from 4-6 are different each year. The bills haven't been a part of that 10 years straight. The law of averages is on the bills side, yet they fight it with bottom barrel talent, poor football knowledge, and incredibly awful coaching.