PDA

View Full Version : Vick still in bills rumor mill

AB4now
01-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Once again vick is in the vick rumor mill. Let me start by saying, what he did to dogs was absolutely terrible. I have a dog and i love mine to death. Now in saying that, i stillthink he could fit what chan wants to run. Everybody wants to jump on the " i wont go to games, i wont re-new my season tickets". Well guess what this is football people not politics and if you havent noticed we havent been very good at the whole football thing. I do however feel that we would be far better of going with a guy like troy smith in stead. Either way that would be a good start seeing as no one at QB atop the draft will come in right away and offer any success. Get a vet or guy who has been in the league for a bit and draft a project.

Joe Fo Sho
01-27-2010, 03:52 PM
BRING HIM IN!!!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Once again vick is in the vick rumor mill. Let me start by saying, what he did to dogs was absolutely terrible. I have a dog and i love mine to death. Now in saying that, i stillthink he could fit what chan wants to run. Everybody wants to jump on the " i wont go to games, i wont re-new my season tickets". Well guess what this is football people not politics and if you havent noticed we havent been very good at the whole football thing. I do however feel that we would be far better of going with a guy like troy smith in stead. Either way that would be a good start seeing as no one at QB atop the draft will come in right away and offer any success. Get a vet or guy who has been in the league for a bit and draft a project.

:link:

kernowboy
01-27-2010, 03:55 PM
BRING HIM IN!!!

all it would do is bring shame on this franchise.

Let the Eagles and Bengals try to redeem the scumbags of this league

Jan Reimers
01-27-2010, 03:58 PM
What leads everyone to assume that Chan WANTS a slash type QB? He inherited Stewart in Pittsburgh and utilized him well, but he has done well with Jay Fiedler, Mike Tomczak, and a very beat up and immobile Troy Aikman as well.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-27-2010, 03:59 PM
No Thanks.

I think alot of people remember Vick from his Falcons days where he was a great runner but not a great QB. Vick isnt even close to what he was back then.

AB4now
01-27-2010, 04:02 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/27/vick-likely-to-have-many-suitors-in-2010/

Ickybaluky
01-27-2010, 04:05 PM

LINK (http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/27/vick-likely-to-have-many-suitors-in-2010/)

Sound like speculation, though:

Sources close to Vick fully anticipate him playing elsewhere in 2010, and say he is intent on being a starter if at all possible. Such opportunities should arise. Clubs to keep a close eye on include Buffalo, St. Louis, Carolina, Oakland and Jacksonville. Those teams are in the market for QB help, and many have struggled to sell tickets and attract attention in recent years, with their smaller-market status.

TrEd FTW
01-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Vick on the Bills would make it easy to walk away from them, which I can't do right now. Maybe it'll turn out to be a personal blessing in disguise.

Jan Reimers
01-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Signing Vick is the only that that would end my being a Bills' fan, even after 50 years. I would only come back when he was gone.

He is a poor QB and a worse human being.

DrGraves
01-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Signing Vick is the only that that would end my being a Bills' fan, even after 50 years. I would only come back when he was gone.

1. He is not a poor QB. He has more experience winning than the rest of our roster combined.

2. Unfortunately this if football and sometimes the cost of being competitive takes you out of the race for the peace prize.

Philagape
01-27-2010, 04:54 PM
1. He is not a poor QB. He has more experience winning than the rest of our roster combined.

So does Drew Bledsoe, let's bring him back.
Or if you want someone who can run, Jake Plummer.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
I am so sick and tired of this dog issue. the man did his time, says hes sorry and seems contrite.
I love my dog and what he did was cruel, but its a DOG, not a BABY.
So people have just GOT to let the man live again. HE DID HIS TIME!

If we bring him in FINE.. but Im not TOOO excited about it. I think hes lost ALOT since he was in the ATL

DraftBoy

Ill be honest your stance makes no sense to me. To make the entire thing about one player make no sense.

tampabay25690
01-27-2010, 04:57 PM

OK shame...............
You ever been to Buffalo in a away jersey??????
I wont even bring my wife to a BILLS game anymore because of the fans in Buffalo....I luv the Bills and the fans too but some of them take it a bit far......

Before we call out other franchises we should look at our own 1st......

ByrdsTheWord
01-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Might as well bring in OJ Simpson to be our commentator/sideline analyst as well.

Jeff1220
01-27-2010, 05:26 PM
What Vick did was horrific, but people learned to forgive other athletes/celebs for just as much or more than what he did. He was caught, did his time, and seems to have straightened himself out. Everyone deserves a second chance, imo.

No matter what your opinion, maybe you should watch The Michael Vick Project (http://www.bet.com/OnTV/BETShows/comingsoon_michaelvick) next week. Maybe it'll change or reinforce your argument one way or the other.

Joe Fo Sho
01-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah, why would we want a QB who brings excitement and the chance to score on any play? It would suck to have him as a QB on 3rd and 5 where he could run for the 1st down when no one is open...

Nah, let's stick with Edwards and Fitz....

BADTHINGSMAN
01-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah, why would we want a QB who brings excitement and the chance to score on any play? It would suck to have him as a QB on 3rd and 5 where he could run for the 1st down when no one is open...

Nah, let's stick with Edwards and Fitz....

Maybe the Vick from 4+ years ago. Defenses were starting to catch up to Vick back then. He is a great runner but not a great QB. He is not the same threat he was back with the Falcons.

Kenny
01-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Might as well bring in OJ Simpson to be our commentator/sideline analyst as well.

Dont see what the problem is... he only kills people. Now if it was a dog....

Philagape
01-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Yeah, why would we want a QB who brings excitement and the chance to score on any play?

Those days are done.

elltrain22
01-27-2010, 06:16 PM

Well said!!

tampabay25690
01-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Well said!!
Dont we want to will elltrain?

Joe Fo Sho
01-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Those days are done.

He's still more exciting than anything we have.

Philagape
01-27-2010, 07:11 PM
He's still more exciting than anything we have.

So is the midget who retrieves the kicking tee

BADTHINGSMAN
01-27-2010, 07:16 PM
So is the midget who retrieves the kicking tee
:rofl:

Oaf
01-27-2010, 07:22 PM

He is a poor QB and a worse human being. No offense, and I respect you following the team 35+ years more than I, but Vick has sought out and received Tony Dungy as a mentor and Dungy has now advocated he is a changed man- that carries higher weight than what you've read about him. The guy can play in the cold and can be a starting QB in the NFL.

I say bring him in, ask him what he's looking for (long term starter or bust, ok competing year to year, developing a rook for the future, etc), and give him a shot.

CoolBreeze
01-27-2010, 07:35 PM

So you didn't stop being a fan after the Travis Henry had sex with a 15yr old,
you didn't stop being a fan when Marshawn Lynch was caught smoking pot, and had a gun on him, you didn't stop being a fan when Eric Moulds was fathering multiple children (Travis Henry too), How about Bruce Smith's multiple DWI's. That's ok, because he hasn't killed anyone yet. How about when Jim Kelly was in drug rehab. The fact is most of these guys are not nice people. I don't condone what Michael Vick did, but I think there are worse human beings in the NFL than him. Everyone is entitled to stop being a fan of a team or him, I just think that if you knew everything about every player you would be shocked. I know a couple people who are around pro athletes every day, 1 in football and 1 in baseball, and I've heard some suprising stories.

Beebe's Kid
01-28-2010, 12:56 AM
I have a real question about Vick...his character is important, but I do not wish to get into the daily war about that.

He was interviewed on one of the pregame shows, and I heard him talking about what a great teacher McNabb was. He said he was able to take more away from him this year than he had learned about playing QB up until that point... He said McNabb taught him a lot about reading defenses and also helped him with his mechanics.

I wonder if he may be a different QB than the one we have seen. I will not count his brief PT in Philly, because he was mostly brought in to showcase the athleticism, which was smart on their part, but we didn't see a full game out of him.

As curious as I am about Vick, I think the information he shared speaks volumes about the value that McNabb could bring to the team. I do think Brohm, with the right coaching is an NFL QB. I am basing that solely on watching him play in college, his NFL career has been lackluster to say the least.

I would prefer McNabb for about 300 reasons over Vick, but I was just wondering what thoughts might be on his returning a different QB... It might end up being the only realistic option for us, because as much as people say they would jump ship if we signed him...let's face it, Fitzy is probably the most painful QB (minus "deer-in-headlights Trent) that I have had to watch in a long time.

Michael82
01-28-2010, 01:32 AM
:puke:

TrEd FTW
01-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Vick = http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

kernowboy
01-28-2010, 03:10 AM
And the problem with Vick is he's left handed.

Our OL have enough challenges covering 3 QBs who are all right handed and now we want to create an additional problem.

What happens if Vick went down and then we had to get the OL to learn how to pass protect a right handed passer again?

kernowboy
01-28-2010, 03:12 AM
you didn't stop being a fan when Marshawn Lynch was caught smoking pot, and had a gun on him, you didn't stop being a fan when Eric Moulds was fathering multiple children (Travis Henry too), How about Bruce Smith's multiple DWI's. That's ok, because he hasn't killed anyone yet. How about when Jim Kelly was in drug rehab. The fact is most of these guys are not nice people. I don't condone what Michael Vick did, but I think there are worse human beings in the NFL than him. Everyone is entitled to stop being a fan of a team or him, I just think that if you knew everything about every player you would be shocked. I know a couple people who are around pro athletes every day, 1 in football and 1 in baseball, and I've heard some suprising stories.

Did Henry know he girl was 15? Is it illegal to father multiple children?

How little intelligence does it require for a guy to be aware that there is no law that allows you to beat and torture dogs to death for entertainment purposes?

Jan Reimers
01-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Ill be honest your stance makes no sense to me. To make the entire thing about one player make no sense.
I'm not looking for approval or condemnation. My stance makes perfectly good sense to me, and that's all that really matters.

Jaybird
01-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Did Henry know he girl was 15? Is it illegal to father multiple children?

How little intelligence does it require for a guy to be aware that there is no law that allows you to beat and torture dogs to death for entertainment purposes?

very small adjustment needed, even if one is made at all.

ddaryl
01-28-2010, 07:38 AM
Vick would be a disaster. There will be plenty of fall out from many fans and it will cause pain for this franchise on top of th pain they've already caused.

I personally do not forgive Vick, I do not think he is a changed man, and I have no intention of givng the guy a 2nd chance on my team. He made his choices, and the itme served does not give him a cxlean slate, and anyone who thinks that's the way it works is a nut.

SO if you want a guarenteed way to bring more unrest ot a franchise that is on very shaky gorund already with its fan base then go ahead and do somethng this incredibly stupid and bring in Vick.

the only fans that will support vick IMo are the ones that get real drunk on Sunday's and have no cares about life accept there booze and watching football.

that all being said this is a blog and anyone can say something in a blog... so IMO this blog is just another Vick supporting dimwit stirring the vick pot

Jan Reimers
01-28-2010, 07:40 AM
I know of no other NFL player that has purposefully maimed and killed dogs with his bare hands. It wasn't an accident, it wasn't a mistake. Vick murdered innocent dogs on purpose. He is absolute scum, and I will not root for the Bills if they hire him.

If you find his conduct equivalent to the cases you mention, fine. I don't.

Jaybird
01-28-2010, 07:45 AM
I know of no other NFL player that has purposefully maimed and killed dogs with his bare hands. It wasn't an accident, it wasn't a mistake. Vick murdered innocent dogs on purpose. He is absolute scum, and I will not root for the Bills if they hire him.

If you find his conduct equivalent to the cases you mention, fine. I don't.

Is it worse then what leonard little did??

Drunk driving, and killing someone??

Jan Reimers
01-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Is it worse then what leonard little did??

Drunk driving, and killing someone??
No. The RESULT of Little's irresponsible behavior is worse than what Vick did. I don't condone what Little or Stallworth did in any way. The fact is, though, that they didn't kill anyone on PURPOSE, but rather through irresponsible and stupid behavior.

To me, Vick's INTENTIONAL support of dog fighting, and his WILLFUL torture and killing of dogs are what make his crimes so reprehensible.

Novacane
01-29-2010, 07:35 AM
. He is absolute scum, and I will not root for the Bills if they hire him.

I can't see you being able to follow through with that. I don't doubt you mean now. Just saying, 1 player would really make you turn on a team thats been part of your life for 40 years?

DraftBoy
01-29-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm not looking for approval or condemnation. My stance makes perfectly good sense to me, and that's all that really matters.

That's good since I neither condemned nor approved of your decision. It has no bearing on me, what you decide to do with your fanhood. Simply pointing out that what some would call turning your back on an entire franchise based on one player, is very illogical.

That being said you are free to do as you wish, don't want to lose you as a fan but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Novacane
01-29-2010, 07:41 AM
And the problem with Vick is he's left handed.

Our OL have enough challenges covering 3 QBs who are all right handed and now we want to create an additional problem.

What happens if Vick went down and then we had to get the OL to learn how to pass protect a right handed passer again?

Draft Tebow as his backup :snicker:

Jan Reimers
01-29-2010, 07:46 AM
I can't see you being able to follow through with that. I don't doubt you mean now. Just saying, 1 player would really make you turn on a team thats been part of your life for 40 years?
It's actually 50 years, and I have stuck with them through everything. But if they sign Vick, I will go away until Vick goes away.

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Draft Tebow as his backup :snicker:

So you want TWO rubbish useless incapable QBs instead of just the one?

justasportsfan
01-29-2010, 09:41 AM
once again, Nix was part of Buttlers group that passed on Vick and went with LT and Brees. Another thing to consider is Nix saying he wants players that have done it year in and year out and Vick wasn't consistent prior to his conviction and didn't do anything last year as a QB either. With that , I doubt Nix wants Vick.

Novacane
01-29-2010, 09:45 AM
So you want TWO rubbish useless incapable QBs instead of just the one?

Don't you mean that would give up 4 rubbush useless incapable QB's?