PDA

View Full Version : If the Jags draft Tebow ....

kernowboy
01-27-2010, 03:54 PM
.... what does this mean for Garrard?

If they draft him, its to try to rescue ticket sales but that won't last long if he is stuck on the bench.

Just wondering what that means for Garrard and whether he might become available

Jan Reimers
01-27-2010, 04:03 PM
I think it will take Tebow quite a while to develop into an NFL QB, if he EVER does. Garrard will in all probability be the starter in Jacksonville for quite some time.

EDS
01-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Garrard is a decent QB but not someone you trade a whole heck of a lot for.

Mitchell55
01-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Isnt Garrard in the pro bowl

TacklingDummy
01-27-2010, 04:33 PM
No thanks, the Bills have had enough garbage from Jacksonville. Draft Clausen or Bradford @ #9 and hope they turn into a franchise QB.

Don't Panic
01-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Tebow is going to need at least a year, if not two, before being ready. Garrard is safe for a while if they draft him.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-27-2010, 04:38 PM
No thanks, the Bills have had enough garbage from Jacksonville. Draft Clausen or Bradford @ #9 and hope they turn into a franchise QB.

I agree, we need a franchise QB. No more sloppy seconds.

kernowboy
01-27-2010, 04:44 PM
again I need to remind you of the quote by our GM

"If they're good enough, they'll have a chance to be here ... It's hard to throw when you're lying on your back."

Clearly in his own words, he feels that protection of the QB was a massive issue last season

DrGraves
01-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Jax can't afford to take him in round one.... but I'm sure someone will take a chance in round 2 or 3 on him so there's not even a great shot they will have an opportunity to take him.

tampabay25690
01-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Tebow will be there for special formations.
Garrard is still the starter..
Tebow will not last into the 3rd round...

Oaf
01-27-2010, 05:13 PM
LMAO they draft the spot behind us (two spots in round two I believe). I would take him personally in round 2 but if the talent guys say no, we can still definitely hold it over J-Ville's head.

Philagape
01-27-2010, 06:01 PM
The Jags don't need to draft a QB ... Garrard is in the PRO BOWL!!!!! :brilliant:

note: the above post is sarcasm

BADTHINGSMAN
01-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Isnt Garrard in the pro bowl

Only because Brady and Schaub pulled out. Garrard IS NOT a PB QB. He simply got invited due to lack of interest.

tampabay25690
01-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Maybe they will invite fitzpatrick next...

Bills should hold the #9 pick in front of JAX...
Leverage..I still think Tebow is gone in the 1st round.
There will be a team that falls in luv with him.
Minnesota late??????
Get Favre to play 1 more year and groom Tim....

Raptor
01-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Almost everywhere you go you see the Jags taking Tebow and I bet he doesnt even wind up going there. There coaching staff and front office is in a win now mode and I doubt they have any intentions of bringing on a massive project player and I dont care if they think he will sell tickets because nothing will sell NFL tickets in Jacksonville

better days
01-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Almost everywhere you go you see the Jags taking Tebow and I bet he doesnt even wind up going there. There coaching staff and front office is in a win now mode and I doubt they have any intentions of bringing on a massive project player and I dont care if they think he will sell tickets because nothing will sell NFL tickets in Jacksonville

I don't think it will be up to the coach, it will be the owners call if they take him in the 1st. He would sell tickets in JVille.He is projected late 1st early 2nd at this point. If he plays well Saturday, I think he will, & has a good combine he may raise his stock to mid 1st.