• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

McNabb wants to finish career in Philly

"We've been going through this the last two or three years, and I've been in one spot. I don't want to be anywhere else but Philly. Andy came out to say it, and the guys want me back, and that's the most important thing. . . .

"I believe in starting somewhere and finishing what you started. My goal is to win a Super Bowl, bring it back to Philadelphia. I think they deserve it. We've given them some great years, but we just haven't been able to finish. I think good things ought to happen pretty soon."
    From the practice field on Wednesday in Miami, Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb spoke about speculation that he might be traded in the offseason.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Syderick
    • Apr 2006

Re: McNabb wants to finish career in Philly

Good for him, he's a respectable player.
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

May not be his call in the end.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• bigfish2112
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        May not be his call in the end.
        Its not going to be his call I dont think they want to pay his bonus and Kolbs contract is up so who is phili going to pay I say kolb and McNabb gets traded.

Comment

• Strongman
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by bigfish2112
          Its not going to be his call I dont think they want to pay his bonus and Kolbs contract is up so who is phili going to pay I say kolb and McNabb gets traded.
          Maybe trade Lynch for Kolb? Phily has a need for RB so maybe they would entertain it?

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

mcnabb would retire if traded to buffalo. so don't waste your energy fantasizing about it

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Strongman
              Maybe trade Lynch for Kolb? Phily has a need for RB so maybe they would entertain it?
              It would take Lynch PLUS. Like Lynch plus a 2nd and more probably. I kinda think Kolb is their future.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrGraves
                mcnabb would retire if traded to buffalo. so don't waste your energy fantasizing about it
                I agree. The only way I see McNabb being cooperative in a trade would be if Favre retires & he goes to Minnesota. Similar situation as Favre's in that he'd be going to a familiar system with a lot of weapons. Certainly more attractive than Buffalo's current state if you're an aging QB.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

i love how people love trading our junk for someone's higher valued player.

Lynch for Kolb? um, not a chance in hell. Especially with a running back with issues. you can pick any RB in the first round and get decent production for a year or two. Kolb, they've been grooming and seeing good results in his spot performance. too much time and too much money for them to give up and take a dime a dozen running back with issues and lack of productivity.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Strongman
                    1. Philly isn't going to trade Kolb.
                    2. Philly doesnt need a RB, they have Westbrook and LeSean McCoy.
                    3. Why would anyone want a delinquent like Lynch?
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

Everybody is focusing on the wrong Philly QB who will be available and who will most likely be the starter next season in Buffalo.

D & S Sports

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

plus the way OBD operates, they're going to get Andy reid as our starter and tell us he just needs some time to develop.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          Everybody is focusing on the wrong Philly QB who will be available and who will most likely be the starter next season in Buffalo.
                          you don't really believe the Bills would actually birng in a player that is GUARENTEED to reduce season ticket sales.

Serioulsy you don't really believe fans will buy more season tickets because a certain convicted felon who has barely played in over 3 years ended up in Buffalo.

It would be a PR disaster for Buffalo, who already has the fans turning on the franchise do to he last 10 years of craptastic football. And already has the media treating it like dirt. Bringin in a person that many despise won't help
                          Last edited by ddaryl; 01-28-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

ddaryl, did you not know that the bills front office are the smartest people in the NFL? they like to do things no one else would ever dare dream of, because they think outside of the box. they are movers and shakers. they are also unemployable in any other team, but that's besides the point. they are going to find us crap players and while the rest of the league laughs at us, they'll sit back and watch the magic show start and make everyone believers.

Comment

• zone
                              No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by DrGraves
                              Not true, after these statements if McNabb is traded he will be pissed and have a huge chip on his shoulder with something to prove. Ala Bledsoe 2002, nothing better than a player scorned.
                              www.blzbus.com

Comment

Working...
                              X