PDA

View Full Version : I miss Jeannerette

snow1989
01-27-2010, 06:47 PM
I know...he's just on vacation, but the replacements....stink :lol: The guy tonight started out so monotone I almost fell asleep.

Maybe I'm spoiled, but I'll be happy when Jeannerette returns.....until then it's like having sex with an ex-wife...it gets the job done, but it's not really fun :lol:

helmetguy
01-27-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm with you. This guy has to tell the life story of every guy who touches the puck.

Ebenezer
Actually, I think the guy tonight is doing a decent job...he just thinks Sekera wears 38.

SpillerThrills
this guys is horrible!!! they should have brought up Ricks kid to see what he's got!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-27-2010, 07:09 PM
I know...he's just on vacation, but the replacements....stink :lol: The guy tonight started out so monotone I almost fell asleep.

Maybe I'm spoiled, but I'll be happy when Jeannerette returns.....until then it's like having sex with an ex-wife...it gets the job done, but it's not really fun :lol:

Jeanneret was supposed to be back tonight, WGR55 Brian Koziol even hyped up his return on the pre-game show :laughing: I don't know why the Sabres just didn't ask his son who is Portland Pirates announcer who is the farm team of the Sabres to fill in for his dad. I mean his son Mark is going to take over for his dad sometime soon why not get his feet wet with letting him broadcast some Sabres games.

RockStar36
01-28-2010, 07:31 AM
His son would've been potentially worse.

DMBcrew36
01-28-2010, 08:23 AM
The guy last night was way better then Selvester. It takes a minute to adjust to, but once you get into the game, who cares.

Honestly, I wish there was silence. I've been playing hockey so long - I don't need someone to tell me what I'm watching.

SabreEleven
01-28-2010, 08:35 AM
that guy sucked so much last night, I thought I was watching the game on Versus...

rbochan
01-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Dude was a NJ homer.

always saying "MarTAIN Brodeur" vs saying "Miller"
"*NJ player*, 247 time Stanley Cup Champion"
"Lydman (who was scratched) takes the puck"

He mentioned NJ shooting the puck into "enemy territory" and when a NJ player broke a stick, he said luckily there were no negative consequences.

RockStar36
01-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Dude was a NJ homer.

always saying "MarTAIN Brodeur" vs saying "Miller"
"*NJ player*, 247 time Stanley Cup Champion"
"Lydman (who was scratched) takes the puck"

He mentioned NJ shooting the puck into "enemy territory" and when a NJ player broke a stick, he said luckily there were no negative consequences.

He was from Toronto so I'm not sure how he was a NJ homer.

Either way, maybe it's me because I watch so many road broadcasts, but you kind of learn to just tune out the announcers anyways.

THATHURMANATOR
01-28-2010, 09:23 AM
He was ok.

We just love RJ so much nothing else will do.

I hope he is back tomorrow.

DMBcrew36
01-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Either way, maybe it's me because I watch so many road broadcasts, but you kind of learn to just tune out the announcers anyways.

I'm the same way man. I'm focusing on the play and know enough of what I'm watching that I don't really hear or need to hear the guy - it's just kindof background noise after the first minute or two.

HDNet used to have games on Thursday and Saturday nights. They had a 2-3 minute feature called 'Sights and Sounds' where no one would talk. All you heard was the crowd, players yelling, the puck hitting the glass, and skates cutting the ice. It was absolutely wonderful - it was like being at a game.

Play-by-play isn't necessary with the great HDTV that games have now - it's only necessary for radio. Only when something happens outside of the view of the camera do we need to hear talk from 'the crew.'

THATHURMANATOR
01-28-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm the same way man. I'm focusing on the play and know enough of what I'm watching that I don't really hear or need to hear the guy - it's just kindof background noise after the first minute or two.

HDNet used to have games on Thursday and Saturday nights. They had a 2-3 minute feature called 'Sights and Sounds' where no one would talk. All you heard was the crowd, players yelling, the puck hitting the glass, and skates cutting the ice. It was absolutely wonderful - it was like being at a game.

Play-by-play isn't necessary with the great HDTV that games have now - it's only necessary for radio. Only when something happens outside of the view of the camera do we need to hear talk from 'the crew.'
I hear that but I love hearing RJ call a goal on Radio or TV.

SABURZFAN
01-28-2010, 11:15 AM
i'm going to hate it when he retires. :ill: