PDA

View Full Version : If we stay 4-3 what free agents can help?

kernowboy
01-28-2010, 08:40 AM
If we do stay 4-3 what free agents might help?

Well if Schobel does retire, and Maybin and Ellis don't step up, Aaron Kampman is a ready made replacement who could give us a couple of years production at the least. Darryl Tapp would also be a nice signing from the Seahawks.

Barry Cofield of the Giants would be a nice pickup and might be available considering how much the Giants spent on Canty.

At MLB in addition to Dansby, both DeMeco Ryams and D'Qwell Jackson could be available and might allow Posluzny to SLB. Jackson has also played at WLB but Thomas Howard and Thomas Davis could also be available to fulfil the WLB role.

It might be easier to upgrade a 4-3 defence than switch to a 3-4 defence.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Well we need at least one d end on the left side and if we Schobel retires that's two. Plus they need a space eating DT, maybe Lonnie could fill that role.

kernowboy
01-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Well we need at least one d end on the left side and if we Schobel retires that's two. Plus they need a space eating DT, maybe Lonnie could fill that role.

Lonnie is a nobody.

People like Cam Thomas, Linval Joseph and Jay Ross will be available in the middle of the draft.

Sanders got the best ever production from Kelsay last year so I am happy to see him work with him further plus draft a middle round LE.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Lonnie is a nobody.

People like Cam Thomas, Linval Joseph and Jay Ross will be available in the middle of the draft.

Sanders got the best ever production from Kelsay last year so I am happy to see him work with him further plus draft a middle round LE.

I'm telling you don't sleep on him. The only reason he played at Morgan St. is cause his SAT's score was low. And him being a nobody is a good thing, he's hungry. Numerous nobodies have become probowlers and that includes the DT position. By the way I love Cam Thomas but he will be a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

ByrdsTheWord
01-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Id love to have Cofield whether we play a 34 or 43.