ddaryl
01-28-2010, 03:51 PM
worth watching just to see the guy with the real gun

The last buffalo fan
01-28-2010, 03:53 PM
:ill: nice!

soapman
01-28-2010, 03:59 PM
If that was Clausen or Bradford the board would be clamoring. I been saying it for a year that Trent is a good QB but he has no faith in the line and if it's not open after 2 seconds he's dumping it off to avoid getting killed. Can't really blame the guy.

Jaybird
01-28-2010, 04:06 PM
move the target back 10 yards and let's see what Trent would do then

RockStar36
01-28-2010, 04:14 PM
This has to be some of the best unintentional comedy I have ever seen.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-28-2010, 04:25 PM
If that was Clausen or Bradford the board would be clamoring. I been saying it for a year that Trent is a good QB but he has no faith in the line and if it's not open after 2 seconds he's dumping it off to avoid getting killed. Can't really blame the guy.

Trent is the second coming of Rob Johnson. The guy has not heart and you can't coach that.

Mitchell55
01-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Sorry, already posted

djjimkelly
01-28-2010, 08:03 PM
id rather have the animation at qb then trent or the gunslinger

justasportsfan
01-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Trent did have a very quick release as a rookie. Dick neutered him.

Ingtar33
01-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Trent did have a very quick release as a rookie. Dick neutered him.

he still does. he's just indecisive now. before that AZ game he was decisive and bold with the ball. then he turned into a JP clone.

justasportsfan
01-28-2010, 09:15 PM
he still does. he's just indecisive now. before that AZ game he was decisive and bold with the ball. then he turned into a JP clone.
it's sad. I always thought he could possibly release like Farves. He just lost his confidence in himself and his teammates. Maybe someone can bring it back out of him but I'm afraid his body may not give him another opportunity in the near future. We damaged his potential.

THATHURMANATOR
01-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Do you feel there is any hope left for Edwards?

SeatownBillsFan21
01-29-2010, 01:19 AM
Surprised he didn't check it down to the closer target.

Mitchell55
01-29-2010, 01:31 AM

JP and Trent had 2 different problems. JP would throw to many deep passes and throw to many INTs and was clueless. Trent never throws deep and was afraid

NOT THE DUDE...
01-29-2010, 02:36 AM
how did we damage his potential. he is a pussy , after that hit he has never been the same... he sucks!!!!!!!!!

YardRat
01-29-2010, 04:31 AM
A gunslinger is a leader, and has 'swagger'. Trent certainly has some physical skills and mechanics that appeared he potentially could be a good QB but I never saw him as a gunslinger.

snow1989
01-29-2010, 05:44 AM
Do you feel there is any hope left for Edwards?

I don't see much hope left for Trent. Mostly because I think the concussions and the shots he's taken behind our weak O-line have really damaged his confidence. He might become a serviceable back-up somewhere else, but I think his time is done here.

mybills
01-29-2010, 07:58 AM
interesting..I got a weird feeling yesterday that Gailey & co. will jump start his career. :idunno:

SABURZFAN
01-29-2010, 08:10 AM

will this make the Trentards Lickers too?

Commissioner
01-29-2010, 08:21 AM
interesting..I got a weird feeling yesterday that Gailey & co. will jump start his career. :idunno:

I think they will give it a shot....

They need to give him an offensive line... and then call plays where there is no check down option. Force him to make a read down field.

HHURRICANE
01-29-2010, 08:46 AM
I still believe that Trent can play in this league. I don't think it will happen as a Bill.

I'm definately in the minority and he'll need some serious repairs to his game to make it happen.

Throne Logic
01-29-2010, 08:52 AM
it's sad. I always thought he could possibly release like Farves. He just lost his confidence in himself and his teammates. Maybe someone can bring it back out of him but I'm afraid his body may not give him another opportunity in the near future. We damaged his potential.

This is exactly why the Offensive Line and WR situation need to be corrected BEFORE we make any rash QB decisions. It's impossible to fairly evaluate what is currently on the roster and it would be like Ground Hog Day to bring in a high draft pick and stick him in the same situation.

I really would love to see Trent as our QB in September with a stable OL and experienced and well thought out game plan. If Gailey can correct Trent's mental issues, then he'll definitely be worth the hire.

justasportsfan
01-29-2010, 09:48 AM
This is exactly why the Offensive Line and WR situation need to be corrected BEFORE we make any rash QB decisions. It's impossible to fairly evaluate what is currently on the roster and it would be like Ground Hog Day to bring in a high draft pick and stick him in the same situation.

I really would love to see Trent as our QB in September with a stable OL and experienced and well thought out game plan. If Gailey can correct Trent's mental issues, then he'll definitely be worth the hire.

Our OL and WR postion could very well be set . We just had bad decision makers in the coaching staff. That was evident went Fitz was the qb and played halfway decent to think that he sucks. The offense had mojo when Fewell was the coach and Fitz was the qb.

My problem with Trent is that even if he gains his confidence back, he still can't throw in December.

RockStar36
01-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Our OL and WR postion could very well be set . We just had bad decision makers in the coaching staff. That was evident went Fitz was the qb and played halfway decent to think that he sucks. The offense had mojo when Fewell was the coach and Fitz was the qb.

My problem with Trent is that even if he gains his confidence back, he still can't throw in December.

One of his best games for the Bills was in snowy December.

People tend to forget about that.

justasportsfan
01-29-2010, 11:23 AM
One of his best games for the Bills was in snowy December.

People tend to forget about that.
I remember the worst games by a qb , it was both games against the worst D in the league . Browns. Are you forgetting that?

Even in good weather his throws wobbles.Even Trents biggest supporter ,Jauron has come out and said that Trent needs to make the throws and that wasn't in december.

RockStar36
01-29-2010, 11:38 AM
I remember the worst games by a qb , it was both games against the worst D in the league . Browns. Are you forgetting that?

Even in good weather his throws wobbles.Even Trents biggest supporter ,Jauron has come out and said that Trent needs to make the throws and that wasn't in december.

Didn't forget that.

Just stating the fact that his best game as a Bill (or one of the best games) was in snowy December in RWS.

So to say he can't throw in December is flawed, because he has done it.

Mitchell55
01-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Trent has alot to offer. Hes accurate, quick release, mobile when needed, and can make deep passes when he needs to. Problem is hes to afraid to use his skills to his ability

RockStar36
01-29-2010, 11:59 AM
I just figured now would be a good time to * my posts in this thread by saying that Trent is an awful QB, I never want to see him start for the Bills again, and I doubt he ever amounts to anything in this league.

Just wanted to make sure people didn't think I was defending him. Just stating a fact that he can throw in December when he feels like it.

justasportsfan
01-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Didn't forget that.

Just stating the fact that his best game as a Bill (or one of the best games) was in snowy December in RWS.

So to say he can't throw in December is flawed, because he has done it.

Let me rephrase it then, he tends to suck more often than not in snowy conditions.

RockStar36
01-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Let me rephrase it then, he tends to suck more often than not in snowy conditions.

I'll go with that, although I'd argue he sucks all the time despite the weather.

Griff
01-29-2010, 12:56 PM
There is nothing wrong with Trent's physical ability, he's shown he has the arm, he has a fast release, the problem is all mental. Remember when he first showed up? He had confidence and poise, that's all gone now. If Trent has a future in the sport he needs to be properly coached, for once.

BillsOwnAll
01-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Edwards has all the tools. But a good o line.

Look at brady in the playoffs. If you didnt know him and that was the only game you ever saw what would you say about him?

O-line MAKES qb. theres not one good QB whos o line sucks.

RockStar36
01-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Edwards has all the tools. But a good o line.

Look at brady in the playoffs. If you didnt know him and that was the only game you ever saw what would you say about him?

O-line MAKES qb. theres not one good QB whos o line sucks.

All the tools, minus that one tool that gives him the ability to throw the ball further than 10 yards without the fear of being intercepted.

A QB needs huge balls to make throws and Edwards doesn't have any.

Look at the throw last weekend from Manning to Collie at the end of the first half. Edwards wouldn't have even attempted that throw.

MikeInRoch
01-29-2010, 03:52 PM

In your experience, once an injury changes you like that - is there any hope of returning to your previous form?

justasportsfan
01-29-2010, 06:16 PM
theres not one good QB whos o line sucks.

Aaron rogers. Peyton Manning

mikemac2001
01-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Sign this guy!

BillsOwnAll
01-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Aaron rogers. Peyton ManningYes clearly peyton manning doesnt hae any time in the pocket. Hes on of the least hit QBs in the league hahaha.

Honestly i dont watch much packers games and dont get to see rodgers.

justasportsfan
01-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Yes clearly peyton manning doesnt hae any time in the pocket. Hes on of the least hit QBs in the league hahaha.

Honestly i dont watch much packers games and dont get to see rodgers.
Manning knows how to get rid of the ball or audible when a blitz is coming. They were ranked last in rushing because of thier OL.

Aaron Rogers was a pinball but still managed to get one TD after another. sacked 50 times and still managed a 103.2 qb rating TD 30 INT 7.

BillsOwnAll
01-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Manning knows how to get rid of the ball or audible when a blitz is coming. They were ranked last in rushing because of thier OL.

Aaron Rogers was a pinball but still managed to get one TD after another. sacked 50 times and still managed a 103.2 qb rating TD 30 INT 7.

Indys run blocking sucked. Thats not to say there pass blocking was equally as bad. I agree that Peyton is a great QB if not the greatest of all time by the time hes done. But put him behind a poor o line. He wont have the same results.

I guess im just going to have to respectfully dissagree with you. I think a OL makes the QB. You..dont.

better days
01-29-2010, 07:23 PM

Many people want to blame the O-line for Trents problems, yet when Fitzpatrick played behind the same line he was able to get the ball downfield to his receivers without getting killed. The problem with Trent is the other teams in the league now have film on him, know his weaknesses & how to defend against him. If Trent has no faith in the line, well nobody on the team has faith in Trent.

justasportsfan
01-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Indys run blocking sucked. Thats not to say there pass blocking was equally as bad. I agree that Peyton is a great QB if not the greatest of all time by the time hes done. But put him behind a poor o line. He wont have the same results.

I guess im just going to have to respectfully dissagree with you. I think a OL makes the QB. You..dont.

You mean Peyton doesn't know the disadvantages of his OL ?

As for Aaron, you said that there isn't a good qb without an OL, I was simply pointing out proof that there is even if you take Manning out. You can agree to disagree with the proof.

dannyek71
01-30-2010, 10:58 AM
The most important thing to me was that his hair stayed perfect the entire time

MikeInRoch
01-30-2010, 11:05 AM
The OL can limit the QB. It cannot make the QB. The best OL in the world isn't going to make Rob Johnson not suck.

Mitchell55
01-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Whoever said the colts OL sucks is a joke

Griff
01-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Many people want to blame the O-line for Trents problems, yet when Fitzpatrick played behind the same line he was able to get the ball downfield to his receivers without getting killed. The problem with Trent is the other teams in the league now have film on him, know his weaknesses & how to defend against him. If Trent has no faith in the line, well nobody on the team has faith in Trent.

fail, Trent's problem is that he lost his edge, and became nervous with the football.

Griff
01-30-2010, 01:52 PM
The OL can limit the QB. It cannot make the QB. The best OL in the world isn't going to make Rob Johnson not suck.

actually considering how long he held onto the ball, a great OL might have made Rob decent.

Griff
01-30-2010, 01:54 PM
All the tools, minus that one tool that gives him the ability to throw the ball further than 10 yards without the fear of being intercepted.

A QB needs huge balls to make throws and Edwards doesn't have any.

Look at the throw last weekend from Manning to Collie at the end of the first half. Edwards wouldn't have even attempted that throw.

he did, but he gave them to DJ for Valentine's Day.

TedMock
01-30-2010, 03:09 PM

I think because Fitzpatrick was good for one exciting pass every week there is this misconception. Edwards was sacked 23 times in his 7 starts. Fitzpatrick was sacked 21 times in his 8 starts. Edwards was sacked on apprx 12.5% of his attempts. Fitzpatrick was sacked on apprx 9.25%. Better than Edwards, but hardly stunning. Of course Edwards had the higher rating and completion percentage. Both guys threw one more INT than they did TD.

Also interesting is that almost 43% of Fitzpatricks attempts were at 1-10 yards while 37% of Edwards attempts were in that range. So who is the "Captain Checkdown?" Fitz had only 1 attempt over 30 yards that was incomplete and Edwards had 7 attempts, completing 5. Edwards also had 10 more attempts that Fitz between 21 and 30 yards and had a higher completion percentage there as well. Where Fitz was actually more aggressive was in the 11-20 yard attempt range. Fitz attempted 30 more passes in that range (90 attempts) and completed 60% and Edwards attempted 60 and completed just under 68%.

So, take what you will with those numbers.

better days
01-30-2010, 05:06 PM
fail, Trent's problem is that he lost his edge, and became nervous with the football.

Fail, while I agree with you that Trent became Trentitive a large part of the reason that happened is teams had film on him & knew how to defend him by putting a good rush on him. It is very common for QB's to hit a wall & even regress when the opposing teams finally get film on them.

better days
01-30-2010, 05:23 PM
I think because Fitzpatrick was good for one exciting pass every week there is this misconception. Edwards was sacked 23 times in his 7 starts. Fitzpatrick was sacked 21 times in his 8 starts. Edwards was sacked on apprx 12.5% of his attempts. Fitzpatrick was sacked on apprx 9.25%. Better than Edwards, but hardly stunning. Of course Edwards had the higher rating and completion percentage. Both guys threw one more INT than they did TD.

Also interesting is that almost 43% of Fitzpatricks attempts were at 1-10 yards while 37% of Edwards attempts were in that range. So who is the "Captain Checkdown?" Fitz had only 1 attempt over 30 yards that was incomplete and Edwards had 7 attempts, completing 5. Edwards also had 10 more attempts that Fitz between 21 and 30 yards and had a higher completion percentage there as well. Where Fitz was actually more aggressive was in the 11-20 yard attempt range. Fitz attempted 30 more passes in that range (90 attempts) and completed 60% and Edwards attempted 60 and completed just under 68%.

So, take what you will with those numbers.

Fitzpatrick had an exciting completion or two but he threw the ball to his WR's many times & missed the mark.

What is misleading about the 1-10 yd stat is that 10% of Trents were in the 10 yd range, the other 90% were in the 1 yd range, while 80% of Ryans were in the 10 yd range. 15% were 5-10 yds & 5% were in the 1yd range.

Again & I'm just guessing from what I remember seeing, from 11-20 yds most of Trents throws were from the the 11 yd range while most of Ryans were from the 20 yd range.

better days
01-30-2010, 05:36 PM
actually considering how long he held onto the ball, a great OL might have made Rob decent.

Fail, the year the Bucs won the Super Bowl Rob looked terrible behind that line.