PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Ralph's Final Folly

billistic
01-28-2010, 05:08 PM
The Old Man has shoved-in all his chips to wager on Chan Gailey and Buddy Ebsen to turn his team of perpetual losers into exactly what?

No human crew could turn this band of misfits into a contender within Ralph's remaining lifetime.

On the other hand, Ralph has deliberately (can he still act with deliberation?) turned the reins over to a band of guys gleefully rejected by the lowly Chiefs.

How does this make sense from Ralph's point of view?

Because Chan-Bud may (potentially) be better than Jauron, is that any reason to get giddy about the New Bills?

billistic
01-28-2010, 05:15 PM
I frankly can't wait to see how Russ Brandon feeds this wad of shiznit to the diehards.

Night Train
01-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Talking to yourself is the first sign.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Talking to yourself is the first sign.

:lmao:

elltrain22
01-28-2010, 07:30 PM
:pray:

Typ0
01-28-2010, 08:20 PM
actually I was thinking earlier that this all could be indication that he's sick and it's clear he doesn't have all that much time left. Don't want to get into the thought behind all that. As the public figure I can't stand the POS RW that's a thorn in all our sides...but as a human being the thought of his ill health despite his age makes me sad.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-29-2010, 01:40 AM
Hiring Chan is the final move after this good bye Buffalo Bills :(

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 02:41 AM

I know hiring an offensive coordinator who has been impressive wherever he's gone and has a winning record as a Head Coach never missing the playoffs is an appalling thing.

If even Jerry Jones says his firing was a mistake, born out by the evidence, most fans will be intelligent enough to keep their powder dry until we see what he and Buddy might actually do

Jan Reimers
01-29-2010, 06:58 AM
We need an IdiotZone for these kinds of threads.

Typ0
01-29-2010, 07:11 AM

Then we need a moron or sucker zone for the people that keep downing the kool-aid.

billistic
01-29-2010, 07:25 AM
I know hiring an offensive coordinator who has been impressive wherever he's gone and has a winning record as a Head Coach never missing the playoffs is an appalling thing.

If even Jerry Jones says his firing was a mistake, born out by the evidence, most fans will be intelligent enough to keep their powder dry until we see what he and Buddy might actually do
Right, Ralph sure was lucky there wasn't a high stakes bidding war.

http://www.allfunbear.com/pix/donesmiley3.gifhttp://www.allfunbear.com/pix/donesmiley3.gif

SABURZFAN
01-29-2010, 08:25 AM
The Old Man has shoved-in all his chips to wager on Chan Gailey and Buddy Ebsen to turn his team of perpetual losers into exactly what?

No human crew could turn this band of misfits into a contender within Ralph's remaining lifetime.

On the other hand, Ralph has deliberately (can he still act with deliberation?) turned the reins over to a band of guys gleefully rejected by the lowly Chiefs.

Because Chan-Bud may (potentially) be better than Jauron, is that any reason to get giddy about the New Bills?

as each day goes on, i'm warming up to the idea of Chan Gailey being here. if we can get Clancy Pendergrass (sp?) in here as the DC, this coaching staff may quietly go about their business and turn this team around. it's not going to happen with a snap of the fingers and it's not going to happen overnight. if The Old Fart LISTENS to what these coaches want to do and loosen the purse strings a bit, i feel that we can be proud of our team once again.

Typ0
01-29-2010, 08:26 AM
as each day goes on, i'm warming up to the idea of Chan Gailey being here. if we can get Clancy Pendergrass (sp?) in here as the DC, this coaching staff may quietly go about their business and turn this team around. it's not going to happen with a snap of the fingers and it's not going to happen overnight. if The Old Fart LISTENS to what these coaches want to do and loosen the purse strings a bit, i feel that we can be proud of our team once again.

The problem is not Nix or Gailey.

SABURZFAN
01-29-2010, 08:27 AM

do you think that BBMB will allow the Mods here to transfer these threads over there?

SABURZFAN
01-29-2010, 08:29 AM
The problem is not Nix or Gailey.

i think we all know where the problem lies. like i said, if The Old Fart will listen and open up the purse strings, this team will have a chance to go somewhere.

HHURRICANE
01-29-2010, 08:33 AM

You are 100% correct.

Sadly, I've considered myself a realist, and have been very critical of the team, but I kept hope that this team would somehow turn the corner and I'd be proven wrong.

I am completely apathetic in regards to the Bills. I don't care what they do in the off-season and I have no desire to even talk about them.

They are the equivalent of spending hours talking about John Edwards. Complete waste of time and relevance.

SABURZFAN
01-29-2010, 08:35 AM
You are 100% correct.

Sadly, I've considered myself a realist, and have been very critical of the team, but I kept hope that this team would somehow turn the corner and I'd be proven wrong.

I am completely apathetic in regards to the Bills. I don't care what they do in the off-season and I have no desire to even talk about them.

They are the equivalent of spending hours talking about John Edwards. Complete waste of time and relevance.

so how much time did you waste typing this?

HHURRICANE
01-29-2010, 08:41 AM
so how much time did you waste typing this?

Too much.

I have been busy at work but this site was my stress release during the day. Zip off a few posts in between calls, etc. But I haven't been posting much because I really think that our owner is a POS and he has killed my fandom.

SABURZFAN
01-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Too much.

I have been busy at work but this site was my stress release during the day. Zip off a few posts in between calls, etc. But I haven't been posting much because I really think that our owner is a POS and he has killed my fandom.

you should take up tiddlywinks. :up:

billistic
01-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Seems like it's pretty hard to admit that you've been conned for 50 years.

Please chant with me:

"Ralph has been doing everything in his power, year-after-year, to provide a quality team for us fans."

...again:

"Ralph has been doing everything in his power, year-after-year, to provide a quality team for us fans."

...keep going until you really believe it...

WeAreArthurMoates
01-29-2010, 08:58 AM

No reason to fret, the bills aint going anywhere.

NorthCarBills
01-29-2010, 09:00 AM

True and well said. But chances are for Ralph (and this is not a derogatory statement), this is his last hoorah and the last regime of his lifetime.

Jan Reimers
01-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Then we need a moron or sucker zone for the people that keep downing the kool-aid.
My comment about the IdiotZone was directed at those who bash everything the Bills do on the sole basis that since we've been bad the last several years, we'll always be bad. If the thread starter had given me reasons why this is Ralph's final folly, such as Gailey's or Nix's shortcomings, or holes in our roster, or a shortage of scouts, etc., I could at least have tried to refute him.

Bashing for the sake of bashing is simply ridiculous and, in the absence of an IdiotZone, should at least be in the SpamZone.

At least in my moronic optimism, I have presented arguments as to why recent changes may make the Bills better.

Jan Reimers
01-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Seems like it's pretty hard to admit that you've been conned for 50 years.

Please chant with me:

...again:

...keep going until you really believe it...
There have been 6 AFL/AFC championships and a number of other exciting years. Are you too young to remember, or just blinded by mindless hatred?

Beebe's Kid
01-29-2010, 11:21 AM
You are 100% correct.

These posts are great..."I am apathetic"...? Is that why you post on here constantly? If you really don't care, and you still post on a Bills fan message board multiple times a day, then you have bigger problems than RW.

All of the posters talking ****, like Ralph owes them anything, or that he gives a flying **** about disrespectful, self-righteous, ungrateful "fans" want. make me laugh.

"I'm done" 2 hours and 25 posts later "I really mean it, I'm turning my back"
"Don't drink Kook-Aid" and on and on....Guess what, if you still talk about the team constantly, if you still post on the boards, if you still watch all of the games...you drank the Kool-Aid.

billistic
01-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Ever since the disastrous end of the 2009 season, the Bills have stunk it up badly. Even in their rare victories, the wins are ugly at best. They have become Sunday Killers.

You diehard oafs are like people who've been eating at a local diner for decades. Nine (or 10, soon to be 11 or 12) times out of 16, you get a swinish, pukish meal, but you keep going back for more "good eats".

Every couple of years, the incompetent diner's owner hangs a sign reading: "Open Under New Management". You're thrilled again and again.

You oafs stand in line for a table where you'll only get sickened by the same old shiznit food.

Bully for you! Show your loyalty, and while you're at it, you're showing you are fools.

billistic
01-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Today's Blue Plate Special: Reheated DeHaven on a shingle.

Eat hearty, mateys!!

Jan Reimers
01-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Ever since the disastrous end of the 2009 season, the Bills have stunk it up badly. Even in their rare victories, the wins are ugly at best. They have become Sunday Killers.

You diehard oafs are like people who've been eating at a local diner for decades. Nine (or 10, soon to be 11 or 12) times out of 16, you get a swinish, pukish meal, but you keep going back for more "good eats".

Every couple of years, the incompetent diner's owner hangs a sign reading: "Open Under New Management". You're thrilled again and again.

You oafs stand in line for a table where you'll only get sickened by the same old shiznit food.

Bully for you! Show your loyalty, and while you're at it, you're showing you are fools.
2009? Your posts are so ignorant you can't even get a date right. Why don't you take your foolish drivel somewhere else?

billistic
01-29-2010, 05:46 PM
2009? Your posts are so ignorant you can't even get a date right. Why don't you take your foolish drivel somewhere else?

Exactly like I said: Ever since the disastrous end to the 2009 season...

Why don't you wake up and smell the fetid Bills coffee, Sport?

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 05:49 PM

Why have they stunk it up badly?

They have signed an offensively minded head coach which most fans were calling from, who has never had a losing season and taken his team to the playoffs each season. Before and after he left the Cowboys, they had losing seasons which is something Jerry Jones even admitted.

Buddy Nix is widely respected throughout the league as a keen evaluator of talent and helped build the Chargers into the consistent playoff team they are today.

These are all facts, not opinion.

billistic
01-29-2010, 05:51 PM
The 2009 season ended with the Music City Miscarriage (thanks Bruce DeHaven; welcome back) on 1/8/2000.

Thank me later.

billistic
01-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Why have they stunk it up badly?

Because they play football more poorly than most of the other 31 teams.

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 05:55 PM
The 2009 season ended with the Music City Miscarriage (thanks Bruce DeHaven; welcome back) on 1/8/200.

Thank me later.

One play.

He was a ST coach all the way through the SuperBowls and has since enjoyed success at the Cowboys and Seahawks.

You must be perfect if you've never made a single poor decision in your life

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Because they play football more poorly than most of the other 31 teams.

even after the end of the season? Wow

billistic
01-29-2010, 05:57 PM
These are all facts, not opinion.

In your mind.

billistic
01-29-2010, 05:58 PM
One play.

He was a ST coach all the way through the SuperBowls and has since enjoyed success at the Cowboys and Seahawks.

Then how come he became available to Buddy and Chany?

billistic
01-29-2010, 06:00 PM
even after the end of the season? Wow

Wow, who made an ass of himself? You or me? Have you heard of this new device for keeping track of the seasons? It's called a calendar.

Maybe one of your friends or relatives can show you how it works.

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 06:01 PM
In your mind.

No. Its actually a factual record.

Gailey has a 18-16 record as HC (18-14 regular season). His teams made the playoffs in each season. He was 10-6 in 1998 and 8-8 in 1999

In 1997, the Cowboys went 6-10, in 2000 they went 5-11

Tell me which parts of those facts are wrong?

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Wow, who made an ass of himself? You or me? Have you heard of this new device for keeping track of the seasons? It's called a calendar.

Maybe one of your friends or relatives can show you how it works.

In your post 26, you said The Bills have stunk it up since the end of the 2009 season

When I asked why they have stunk it up you said in post 32 they played football worse than any other team

How can they be playing worse football since the season has ended? Your clearly just purely a hater, but try to keep a track of your own statements

Jan Reimers
01-29-2010, 06:05 PM

I'd rather smell fetid coffee than your putrid posts, Sport.

billistic
01-29-2010, 06:06 PM
No. Its actually a factual record.

Gailey has a 18-16 record as HC (18-14 regular season). His teams made the playoffs in each season. He was 10-6 in 1998 and 8-8 in 1999

In 1997, the Cowboys went 6-10, in 2000 they went 5-11

Tell me which parts of those facts are wrong?

What year is it? ...2010 maybe?

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 06:07 PM
I'd rather smell fetid coffee than your putrid posts, Sport.

Jan, he's only new joining in November 2009 and clearly does not understand the etiquette in posting and holding a discussion

Jan Reimers
01-29-2010, 06:08 PM
The 2009 season ended with the Music City Miscarriage (thanks Bruce DeHaven; welcome back) on 1/8/2000.

Thank me later.
That's why I told you that you can't even get a date right. The 1999 season ended on 1/8/2000.

Don't bother to thank me.

billistic
01-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Jan, he's only new joining in November 2009 and clearly does not understand the etiquette in posting and holding a discussion

Jan...Jan...Mommy...Mommy!!!

billistic
01-29-2010, 06:12 PM
That's why I told you that you can't even get a date right. The 1999 season ended on 1/8/2000.

Don't bother to thank me.
No, thank you, Gracious Sir.

I really thought that the 1999 season ended in 2009 in my original post.

You guys are sad...really sad...

Jan Reimers
01-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Jan...Jan...Mommy...Mommy!!!
You are the poster child for the Ignore feature. Bye, Bye, little man.

billistic
01-29-2010, 06:19 PM
...and you and your inbred crew are the poster children for the Ignorance feature. Bye, bye, big guy...

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 06:23 PM
You are the poster child for the Ignore feature. Bye, Bye, little man.

Is there any way this guy can be thrown of the site?

He clearly did not understand the Terms and Conditions about personal abuse of other posters not being allowed. I think you know which Moderator to refer him to, Jan

billistic
01-29-2010, 06:26 PM

He clearly did not understand the Terms and Conditions about personal abuse of other posters not being allowed. I think you know which Moderator to refer him to, Jan
Don't worry, they'll come along and hold your hand until you feel all better...

BTW, maybe you should have used a private message to your hero instead of crying like a baby in public. Just saying...

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Don't worry, they'll come along and hold your hand until you feel all better...

calling someone imbred because they hold a different opinion is considered an attack on that person and their family.

I imagine they can block anyone they like as well as blocking their IP address.

I have reported your comments at Jan to the moderators of this site to consider

billistic
01-29-2010, 06:31 PM
calling someone imbred because they hold a different opinion is considered an attack on that person and their family.

I imagine they can block anyone they like as well as blocking their IP address. I suggest a personal apology to Jan

I called ALL you homies "inbred". Don't take things so personally. You're nothing to me.

I suggest that you and "Jan" get a room.

Jan Reimers
01-29-2010, 06:33 PM

I put him on Ignore. I feel like I just got rid of a huge pile of stinky trash.

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 06:33 PM
I called ALL you homies "inbred". Don't take things so personally. You're nothing to me.

I suggest that you and "Jan" get a room.

This is a site to discuss football, not personally abuse other posters.

I, like Jan, have strong differences of opinions with other fans but have never resorted to personal abuse which is an immediate sign they have lost the argument

That fact that you cannot behave in accordance to how people behave on this site, suggests you should leave it.

billistic
01-29-2010, 06:35 PM
I put him on Ignore. I feel like I just got rid of a huge pile of stinky trash.

Exactly: Ideas that differ from your own are "stinky trash". That's how societies make progress.

Heard of the Inquisition?

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Exactly: Ideas that differ from your own are "stinky trash". That's how societies make progress.

Heard of the Inquisition?

No, its because of the abusive way in which you express yourself

billistic
01-29-2010, 06:38 PM
This is a site to discuss football, not personally abuse other posters....which is an immediate sign they have lost the argument
OK, you and your inbred crew have thoroughly demolished my contention that Ralph Wilson is a sub-par owner with your strong, logical rebuttals.

billistic
01-29-2010, 06:39 PM
No, its because of the abusive way in which you express yourself

The ultimate victim of abuse...

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 06:39 PM
OK, you and your inbred crew have thoroughly demolished my contention that Ralph Wilson is a sub-par owner with your strong, logical rebuttals.

What basis do you have to use the term 'inbred'?

billistic
01-29-2010, 06:41 PM
What basis do you have to use the term 'inbred'?

self evident...

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 06:43 PM
self evident...

clearly not as you clearly don't know what the term means hence your use of it as an inappropriate term of personal abuse but hey, I'm going to let the Moderators deal with you

billistic
01-29-2010, 06:46 PM
clearly not as you clearly don't know what the term means hence your use of it as an inappropriate term of personal abuse but hey, I'm going to let the Moderators deal with you

You are a truly zany dude, and also the poster boy for Bills homies.

Hope you homies are proud..

Griff
01-29-2010, 06:47 PM
its threads like this that make me think twice before I put my Bills hoodie on... no I'm not embarrassed by my team (I do live in Raiders country after all), but by some of the fans.

You people act like top tier coaches were lining up around the block for this job. You ignore the tremendous money Ralph has paid for some players. You ignore what everyone else is saying and just decide the world is ending because your guy wasn't hired. Guess what kids, the real world is not Madden franchise mode (or even NFL Head Coach 09).

billistic
01-29-2010, 06:59 PM
My point in this thread, is that Ralph Wilson has NOT tried hard to bring quality football to Bills fans.

He has let his franchise languish in near ruin for many years, like an absentee landlord, merely collecting his routine rent moneys.

That's it, right there.

Sorry, but that's how I feel...

Argue amongst yourselves, but that's it...

Griff
01-29-2010, 09:34 PM
My point in this thread, is that Ralph Wilson has NOT tried hard to bring quality football to Bills fans.

He has let his franchise languish in near ruin for many years, like an absentee landlord, merely collecting his routine rent moneys.

That's it, right there.

Sorry, but that's how I feel...

Argue amongst yourselves, but that's it...

you're right, bringing in Greg Williams, over paying for Dockery and Walker, paying for TO and Lee, trading for Bledsoe, hiring Milloy, Takeo, Fletcher really shows that he wasn't trying...

billistic
01-30-2010, 11:16 AM
you're right, bringing in Greg Williams, over paying for Dockery and Walker, paying for TO and Lee, trading for Bledsoe, hiring Milloy, Takeo, Fletcher really shows that he wasn't trying...

Hello, hello. Goodbye, goodbye: TKO, London, Lawyer, Jabari, Nate, Antoine, Pat Williams, Tutan, Tim Anderson, Larry Tripplett, Derrick, Langston, ....

Your point?

The man's front offices are among the worst. When he mistakenly gets a good GM, out they go. Ralph assembles and scrambles them like clockwork. He's easily the only NFL owner with possibly a worse reputation than Al Davis, if that's even possible.

He is not particularly cheap on players' salaries. In that respect, he's middle of the road.

He just spends like he's dumb as a stone. What're some good examples of "good values" his teams are sporting?

kernowboy
01-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Hello, hello. Goodbye, goodbye: TKO, London, Lawyer, Jabari, Nate, Antoine, Pat Williams, Tutan, Tim Anderson, Larry Tripplett, Derrick, Langston, ....

Your point?

The man's front offices are among the worst. When he mistakenly gets a good GM, out they go. Ralph assembles and scrambles them like clockwork. He's easily the only NFL owner with possibly a worse reputation than Al Davis, if that's even possible.

He is not particularly cheap on players' salaries. In that respect, he's middle of the road.

He just spends like he's dumb as a stone. What're some good examples of "good values" his teams are sporting?

What good GM? .... Donahoe sorted out the cap problems caused by Butler but after 2001 had four extremely poor drafts back to back. And this is where errors in free agency occur because if you don't draft well then you try to fill the gaps here.

Washington, Detroit, Miami, New Orleans, Arizona, Seattle etc, all have significant shake ups as they move from one GM and Head Coach to the next.

And stability is no real guarantee. Teams like the Bears have not set the world on fire despite their 'stability'

In the case of Pat Williams and Antonie Winfield, the Bills couldn't afford their salary demands because the team still had a lot of dead money on the payroll.

Most fans called Dockery a good signing. It shows how much we know. Most teams would have let Jabari go considering they'd just spent a first round pick on a CB.

What should be of noted is that since 2001 we have been in the playoff hunt right up to the final couple of games of the season but unfortuntely we've not had the experience at OC to get those wins. Finally with an OC minded Head Coach we may overcome those failings.

Griff
01-30-2010, 12:59 PM

Your point?

My point is that there is a difference between incompetence and lacking effort.

Typ0
01-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Don't know if you are aware of this or not but Bill Polian actually worked for the Bills!

What good GM? .... Donahoe sorted out the cap problems caused by Butler but after 2001 had four extremely poor drafts back to back. And this is where errors in free agency occur because if you don't draft well then you try to fill the gaps here.

Washington, Detroit, Miami, New Orleans, Arizona, Seattle etc, all have significant shake ups as they move from one GM and Head Coach to the next.

And stability is no real guarantee. Teams like the Bears have not set the world on fire despite their 'stability'

In the case of Pat Williams and Antonie Winfield, the Bills couldn't afford their salary demands because the team still had a lot of dead money on the payroll.

Most fans called Dockery a good signing. It shows how much we know. Most teams would have let Jabari go considering they'd just spent a first round pick on a CB.

What should be of noted is that since 2001 we have been in the playoff hunt right up to the final couple of games of the season but unfortuntely we've not had the experience at OC to get those wins. Finally with an OC minded Head Coach we may overcome those failings.

kernowboy
01-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Polian wasn't our GM the last time we made the playoffs

Typ0
01-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Polian wasn't our GM the last time we made the playoffs

I don't see any reference to the last time we made the playoffs in the quote you had. You are making that criteria up. But OK, I'll play along. The last GM we had when we made the playoffs was Butler. He spent too much money for Wilson's tastes and was cast off. So what is your point?

Historian
01-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Buddy Ebsen, lol.

That was funny.