• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Tebow Stock at All Time Low after he bombs in Senior Bowl

I am on a conference call with Todd McShay, ESPN Scouts Inc. director of college football scouting. He has been outspoken in his belief that Tim Tebow isn’t a top quarterback prospect in the NFL. Here are some of his comments on Tebow, Riley Cooper, and a few other players.

Q: How has Tebow looked at the Senior Bowl, and did he hurt himself by going there?

A: I honestly and I hate to say it because he’s battled. He’s done everything that has been asked of him. I know he hasn’t felt great, (but) he’s gone through every drill. He’s showing improvement getting snaps under center but he’s just not there.

“I thought coming in maybe all the intangibles, showing signs of improvement could help his stock, but I would say it hurt his stock because looking at him and comparing him to other mid-level quarterbacks, it’s not Bradford and Clausen here. It’s Tony Pike, who’s the best of the group and he’s probably going to be a third-round pick. You could make an argument about Tebow as a pocket passer in the NFL, that he was no better than the fourth-best here. He has such a long way to go and he has to accept 1 of 2 things. Either a) he needs to strip down and start over as a passer, or b) he’s going to have to play another position in the NFL.

Q: Drew Brees played mostly shotgun at Purdue, and he’s done well at the NFL. Is too much being made of Tebow not taking snaps under center?

A: It’s not that. He has to learn how to read defenses coverages. It’s not a pre-snap read and a high low read it’s reading from left to right, up and down and the defenders are so much faster in being able to get to one spot to the next. That’s not even including the elongated delivery.

“I’ve never seen a quarterback at an All-Star game like this that had such an obvious delivery issue. I can remember Andre Woodson and that cost him a couple rounds and Tebow is far worse. It’s almost as if he’s coming from one position and moving completely to another.

“I’m not saying it’s impossible for him to do that, but there are so few examples of guys who have been able to make that transition. There’s no developmental league. There’s nowhere for him to go. He’s going to learn playing 5, 7 snaps as a game in the Wildcat and serving as a No. 3 QB. It’s going to be a huge, huge transition for him. It’s hard for met imagine us one day talking about Tim Tebow as a good, starting quarterback full-time for an NFL team.”
    ------------

Combines is no longer, Just an option for Tebow. He isn't going in first two rounds.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Tebow Stock at All Time Low after he bombs in Senior Bowl

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
    I am on a conference call with Todd McShay, ESPN Scouts Inc. director of college football scouting. He has been outspoken in his belief that Tim Tebow isn’t a top quarterback prospect in the NFL. Here are some of his comments on Tebow, Riley Cooper, and a few other players.

Q: How has Tebow looked at the Senior Bowl, and did he hurt himself by going there?

A: I honestly and I hate to say it because he’s battled. He’s done everything that has been asked of him. I know he hasn’t felt great, (but) he’s gone through every drill. He’s showing improvement getting snaps under center but he’s just not there.

“I thought coming in maybe all the intangibles, showing signs of improvement could help his stock, but I would say it hurt his stock because looking at him and comparing him to other mid-level quarterbacks, it’s not Bradford and Clausen here. It’s Tony Pike, who’s the best of the group and he’s probably going to be a third-round pick. You could make an argument about Tebow as a pocket passer in the NFL, that he was no better than the fourth-best here. He has such a long way to go and he has to accept 1 of 2 things. Either a) he needs to strip down and start over as a passer, or b) he’s going to have to play another position in the NFL.

Q: Drew Brees played mostly shotgun at Purdue, and he’s done well at the NFL. Is too much being made of Tebow not taking snaps under center?

A: It’s not that. He has to learn how to read defenses coverages. It’s not a pre-snap read and a high low read it’s reading from left to right, up and down and the defenders are so much faster in being able to get to one spot to the next. That’s not even including the elongated delivery.

“I’ve never seen a quarterback at an All-Star game like this that had such an obvious delivery issue. I can remember Andre Woodson and that cost him a couple rounds and Tebow is far worse. It’s almost as if he’s coming from one position and moving completely to another.

“I’m not saying it’s impossible for him to do that, but there are so few examples of guys who have been able to make that transition. There’s no developmental league. There’s nowhere for him to go. He’s going to learn playing 5, 7 snaps as a game in the Wildcat and serving as a No. 3 QB. It’s going to be a huge, huge transition for him. It’s hard for met imagine us one day talking about Tim Tebow as a good, starting quarterback full-time for an NFL team.”
    ------------

Combines is no longer, Just an option for Tebow. He isn't going in first two rounds.
    The writing has been on the wall for this guy for a while now. Without a complete overhaul in the way he throws the ball, he isnt at all likely to make it in the NFL as a QB.

Great person, great leader, but so was Mother Theresa and she didnt have an NFL arm either.
    Last edited by X-Era; 01-28-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

I've been saying this all season.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33
        I've been saying this all season.
        So have many people.

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

Hopefully, we can finally put an end to the madness with this.
          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
            We play to win the game!
            • Oct 2009

I would not mind Tony Pike in Rd 3

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

I think that's about right for him. If he can impress scouts he may sneak into round 2, but I think hes a solid 3rd or later round pick at this point.

Comment

• BillsMan80
                Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                • Jul 2002

Pike is a real marginal prospect at this level. Good height but not very heavy for his size, and has a marginal NFL arm as well. Only game where he faced, quick, physical, atheltic players on defense was against Florida, and he looked lost out there until getting some garbage time TD throws. Big time dropoff in the QB class after Bradford and Clausen. If we can't get one of those two, would much rather take a chance on a guy like Jarrett Brown.
                The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsMan80
                  Pike is a real marginal prospect at this level. Good height but not very heavy for his size, and has a marginal NFL arm as well. Only game where he faced, quick, physical, atheltic players on defense was against Florida, and he looked lost out there until getting some garbage time TD throws. Big time dropoff in the QB class after Bradford and Clausen. If we can't get one of those two, would much rather take a chance on a guy like Jarrett Brown.
                  Brown has one of the prettiest throws in football IMO, but he made way too many marginal decisions. I'm not sure he can handle the mental aspects of the game.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BidsJr
                    Hopefully, we can finally put an end to the madness with this.
                    Why, because McShay said so? He never liked Tebow, and he is no talent evaluator. Wait until the game is played Saturday. I will bet Tebow plays well. By the time of the draft Tebow will have made enough progress to make some team like him. Pat White was drafted in the 2nd rnd last year & Tebow is much better than him.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Tebow sucks. He was great in college the end...

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The Spaz
                        Tebow sucks. He was great in college the end...
                        That remains to be seen, time will tell.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Todd McShay is a ****ing *******, screw that guy.

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

From today's Boston Globe, a collection of quotes about Tim Tebow and his NFL prospects. Which are not good right now.

I told people he isn't going to be a starting NFL QB.

Unless the two or three guys before him on the depth chart get hurt.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Miami Dolphins HC Tony Sparano Coach of the South in the Senior Bowl was asked about Tebow on NFL Network. He said "I was very impressed with him in the meeting room, he picked things up quickly." "On the field he improved every day. He throws the ball very well in the seam area of the field, much like Chad Pennington."

Mike Lombardi said the other day he will be a 1st rnd pick & after hearing Sparano it sounds like a lock.............Tebow in the 1st.
                              Last edited by better days; 01-28-2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X