Mock draft 1-9 picks included, 2 trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Mock draft 1-9 picks included, 2 trades

Note- I spent alot of time working on this and studying players

1st things 1st. I think we get Tetuna which means 3-4/4-3.

I think we trade Stroud for a 4th

Now heres my idea for the 1-8 picks (I went on the message boards to find out what people want and came up with this).

STL- Suh DT
    Det- McCoy DT
    TB- Berry S
    Was- Okung T
    KC- Bauluga OT
    Sea- Bradford QB
    Clev- Haden CB
    Oak- Campbell OT

Now Buffalo

We have the choices (Based off needs), For Clausen and well, thats about it. 1st pick

Jimmy Clausen QB- I compare him to Jim Kelly. Arrogant as hell but a strong armed QB.Both are about the same height and weight. But mainly attitude wise I see Kelly as Clausen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGHzJo8Bc5k

Trade

Trade back into the 1st. Trade our 2nd and our 2 4ths to trade back into the 4ths

Draft Dan Williams NT- Hes huge and dominant and will be a great NT for us. We get to keep the NT and Im thinking the trade is with Jerry Jones ha ha. Gailey revenge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufiiaeex0_s

Skip 2nd

3rd round pick

Now we need our LT

Jared Veldheer OT- This guy is 6-9, athletic and strong as hell. Only problem is the college... Hillsdale. At 6-9 and with this strength http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZUoHh8gupE I dont think thats much of an issue. Some scouts have him in the top 3 OTs in the draft

5th

We have no 3rd string RB and we have never had a scat back. Only time ill ever say this but, look at the 40 time to find the RB. That will most likely be

Brandon James RB- Florida. 5-7, can do the kickoffs and can maybe be a Darren Sproles

http://gators.fandome.com/video/113190/brandon-james/

6th

I think now we should try for our LB/NT/DE depth.

6th Jeffrey Fitzgerald 3-4 DE- Used to be a top prospect, but quit on his team and dropped.

6th Thaddeus Gibson LB- Project like Maybin but no ones expecting him to start

7th- Arthur Moats LB- Like Veldheer, everything looks good but his college

7th- Ekom Udofia NT- 315, can be a decent backup also

Note- In my FA pickups we get a 3-4 DE and 3-4 LB
  • ByrdsTheWord
    Veteran Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: Mock draft 1-9 picks included, 2 trades

zzzzzz

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

very nice mock draft...although i'm not the biggest fan of projecting trades until late march into april, but good work Mitchell!!

Comment

• Prov401
        President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
        • Aug 2008

Aside from the trading and whatnot (just impossible to predict those things), that is a pretty accurate top 10.

Im reserving my right to want a QB after the combine. As of now, I'd be pissed if we picked any of these QB's. But if Clausen or Bradford (hopefully both) light it up at the combine, then I wouldn't mind taking one.

Comment

• Mitchell55
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
          Aside from the trading and whatnot (just impossible to predict those things), that is a pretty accurate top 10.

Im reserving my right to want a QB after the combine. As of now, I'd be pissed if we picked any of these QB's. But if Clausen or Bradford (hopefully both) light it up at the combine, then I wouldn't mind taking one.

There was a throw that Clausen made in the almost perfect game video that made me want him. He threw a 40 yd pass off his back foot perfectly

Comment

• Mitchell55
            • Feb 2008

More detail on the trades. The Trade to Stroud should be to someone like TB. Actually TB is perfect, cover 2 4-3 set up and top 5 pick. Now we get the 2 4ths and trade to the Cowboys with our 2nd for the 28ths pick. Dallas moves down 13 and gets 2 4ths in the process. Higher teams are more just wanting depth guys anyways and the Cowboys are in pretty decent shape with there position by position team

Comment

• Mitchell55
              • Feb 2008

Oh, 1 more thing. Seattle fans do not want Bradford at all, Washington fans havent even mentioned a QB, so theres a good chance if all stays the same, they will end up both at our pick. Not only that but theres still FA with Campbell, Vick, and Jackson. Along with McNabb. I could see at least 1 more of the top 10 teams already have a QB

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell55
                There was a throw that Clausen made in the almost perfect game video that made me want him. He threw a 40 yd pass off his back foot perfectly
                We're all entitled to the occasional fluke

Comment

• Mitchell55
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by kernowboy
                  We're all entitled to the occasional fluke

You can say what you want about his attitude and footwork, but the throws he makes are extremely impressive

Comment

And why would Jerry Jones want to

a) drop out of the first?

b) trade away to draft a NT, when one of their needs is an NT which would enable them to move Ratliff to DE especially if Spears isn't resigned?

It is very dangerous speculating on getting teams to allow us to trade up

As for Veldheer, you've taken a quote on CBSSports and taken it as gospel. Only a complete idiot would think that a Division II tackle who hasn't even come close to playing against elite college guys would someone be in the mix against Campbell, Davis or Bulaga.

They say he could go as high as the 3rd if he has an unbelievable combine - the three tackles mentioned above will be in the 2nd round only if they have a completely shocking combine.

Kevin Boothe of Cornell completely dominated as a LT but got drafted in the 6th round. He had all the physical attributes of a pro LT. Where is he now?

and best of all - you want to waste a pick no matter how low on a guy who quit on his team .... nice
                    Last edited by Guest; 01-29-2010, 02:37 AM.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                      • Feb 2008

And why would Jerry Jones want to

a) drop out of the first?

Jones is known for stuff like that

b) trade away to draft a NT, when one of their needs is an NT which would enable them to move Ratliff to DE especially if Spears isn't resigned?

Spears is a RFA

It is very dangerous speculating on getting teams to allow us to trade up

As for Veldheer, you've taken a quote on CBSSports and taken it as gospel. Only a complete idiot would think that a Division II tackle who hasn't even come close to playing against elite college guys would someone be in the mix against Campbell, Davis or Bulaga.

They say he could go as high as the 3rd if he has an unbelievable combine - the three tackles mentioned above will be in the 2nd round only if they have a completely shocking combine.

"Has terrific footwork and power" NFL draft scout

Walter has him in the 3rd going to NYG

Highest can go 3rd- lowest 5th-6th

Draft countown has him as the 10th best OT

Strengths

Dominating size and athletic ability at left tackle. 10.125 inch hands and huge frame reminiscent of Jonathan Ogden. Plays to the whistle. Good footwork and blocking mechanics allow him to get to the defender quickly. Frame will allow him to get even bigger. Self-report of 4.87 and 4.94 40 times (summer, '09).
                      Weaknesses

Upright pass-blocker who will need to improve as he faces elite competition. Has been able to dominate on strength alone in D-2; may need some time to adjust to next-level defender's speed.

"Some scouts have listed Veldheer as high as the top 3 tackles in the draft"

Kevin Boothe of Cornell completely dominated as a LT but got drafted in the 6th round. He had all the physical attributes of a pro LT. Where is he now?

and best of all - you want to waste a pick no matter how low on a guy who quit on his team .... nice With most 6th round draft picks youll be lucky if they get a chance to quit on you

Comment

Jones is known for stuff like that ... is that the best you can do?

Spears in a RFA which means they can tag him at a reasonable amount and no-one will touch him - they still would like this little thing called depth .. you may have heard of it?

I can read the blurb on Veldheer. We need a tackle who is elite not someone who can maybe be ok one day. And Walter has made the point that no-one has even seen him against the best college guys yet.

But to show how poor a poster you are

With most 6th round draft picks youll be lucky if they get a chance to quit on you

What a truly stupid statement to make !!! It is the teams who draft intelligently at the end of the draft and find diamonds who are the ones who make playoffs, win Championships and get to the SuperBowl. Drafting a guy who quits on his team is beyond stupid, its ludicrous. Our drafts have failed because we have been unable to find depth and some starters on the last day of the draft.
                        Last edited by Guest; 01-29-2010, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Picks 1-9

1. Rams - Clausen
                          Despite Suh they have to go franchise QB
                          2. Lions - Suh
                          3. Bucs - McCoy
                          4. Redskins - Okung
                          Campbell is given a one year extension as Samuel retires
                          5. Chiefs - Berry
                          6. Seahawks - Bradford
                          7. Browns - Haden
                          8. Raiders - Morgan
                          They have a young LT in Henderson but unless they resign Seymour they have no pass rush
                          9. BUFFALO - one from Campbell, Bulaga or Davis

Comment

• BillsMan80
                            Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                            • Jul 2002

Picks 1-9

1. Rams - Clausen
                            Despite Suh they have to go franchise QB
                            2. Lions - Suh
                            3. Bucs - McCoy
                            4. Redskins - Okung
                            Campbell is given a one year extension as Samuel retires
                            5. Chiefs - Berry
                            6. Seahawks - Bradford
                            7. Browns - Haden
                            8. Raiders - Morgan
                            They have a young LT in Henderson but unless they resign Seymour they have no pass rush
                            9. BUFFALO - one from Campbell, Bulaga or Davis
                            St. Louis doesn't have to go QB there as Spagnuolo is a defensive guy and he'll stick to his roots and value board and take Suh. Also, don't be suprised to see Seattle wait on a QB. They have much more pressing needs than a QB next year. They desperately need an OT or a DE, so I expect Seattle to go that route as Hasselbeck still has 2-3 good years left in him. Besides in this scenario the Bills would be stupid to pass over McClain for a 2nd tier LT who may not even be ready to start from day one. McClain or even Dez Bryant.
                            The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                            THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BillsMan80
                              St. Louis doesn't have to go QB there as Spagnuolo is a defensive guy and he'll stick to his roots and value board and take Suh. Also, don't be suprised to see Seattle wait on a QB. They have much more pressing needs than a QB next year. They desperately need an OT or a DE, so I expect Seattle to go that route as Hasselbeck still has 2-3 good years left in him. Besides in this scenario the Bills would be stupid to pass over McClain for a 2nd tier LT who may not even be ready to start from day one. McClain or even Dez Bryant.
                              Except for the small fact that the Rams don't have a QB

Comment

Working...
                              X