PDA

View Full Version : All the doom and gloom - blah

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 04:03 AM
Rather than looking forward it seems the natural inclination of the Bills fan to navel gaze and look backwards.

We've had a number of poor years but in most of those years we were one or two poor calls away from a winning season and maybe even the playoffs. We have now gotten rid of those people responsible yet still we assume its the same old same old.

We get ourselves a GM who has been responsible for some great drafts yet that is not enough.

We get an offensive minded head coach with a proven record as a coordinator plus a winning record as a Head Coach, who was unlucky to be fired yet that is not enough. I don't care that he hasn't gotten a ring yet. I'd like him to achieve that in Buffalo. We went on about big name coaches and coordinators but a lot of those were on the wrong side of the ball. And no Head Coach has won the SuperBowl with the two different teams. I'd rather not have precedent against me as well.

We have a young roster with some good youngsters who with the right coaching could be pro-bowl quality. We focus on the fact that some assistants have come from another losing team, yet ignore the achievements they made in their individual areas of expertise.

We have significant gaps in our roster - QB, LT, DT, DE etc - but none that cannot be more than adequately filled over the next couple of years through the draft.

And we've got the beginnings of a coaching staff who have worked wonders with limited players especially at the QB position.

I think that the 2010 season will see us be at least at .500 with a 3-3 record in division with the playoffs beckoning in 2011

But please don't let my positivity ruin your day.

ddaryl
01-29-2010, 06:07 AM
I had these exact same feelings before

which is why I'm guarding them from now on. Fool me once...

zone
01-29-2010, 06:30 AM
Rather than looking forward it seems the natural inclination of the Bills fan to navel gaze and look backwards.

We've had a number of poor years but in most of those years we were one or two poor calls away from a winning season and maybe even the playoffs. We have now gotten rid of those people responsible yet still we assume its the same old same old.

We get ourselves a GM who has been responsible for some great drafts yet that is not enough.

We get an offensive minded head coach with a proven record as a coordinator plus a winning record as a Head Coach, who was unlucky to be fired yet that is not enough. I don't care that he hasn't gotten a ring yet. I'd like him to achieve that in Buffalo. We went on about big name coaches and coordinators but a lot of those were on the wrong side of the ball. And no Head Coach has won the SuperBowl with the two different teams. I'd rather not have precedent against me as well.

We have a young roster with some good youngsters who with the right coaching could be pro-bowl quality. We focus on the fact that some assistants have come from another losing team, yet ignore the achievements they made in their individual areas of expertise.

We have significant gaps in our roster - QB, LT, DT, DE etc - but none that cannot be more than adequately filled over the next couple of years through the draft.

And we've got the beginnings of a coaching staff who have worked wonders with limited players especially at the QB position.

I think that the 2010 season will see us be at least at .500 with a 3-3 record in division with the playoffs beckoning in 2011

I am even more optimistic than that. Like you said even with all the bad going against us, 20+ players on IR, bad coaching, changing offensive schemes, qb carousel, etc, etc, we were in games until the 4th quarter. Even though we repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot with undisciplined play and marched backwards down the field instead of forward.

If Chan could take a 5-11 team full of rebelling egotistical over the hill players and pull them into the playoffs kicking a screaming. What will he be able to achieve with a group of young players who will actually buy into his system and a GM that has his back.

I say we make the playoffs THIS year.

Mark it dude.

OpIv37
01-29-2010, 07:45 AM

Your positivity is unwarranted. We have a HC with minimal HC experience doubling as OC, a pseudo-OC who's never been OC before, no DC yet, and we still have Brandon and Modrak making decisions. We have glaring holes at QB, WR, LT, DT, DE, and LB, plus all-around depth. And you're overrating the "youngsters" on this team. Even if you're right, they'll be learning new systems which will be holding them back.

2010 is already ****ed. We'll be lucky to get to 7-9. Of all the bad things about being a Bills fan, the worst thing is the lack of hope- never being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

SABURZFAN
01-29-2010, 08:13 AM

meanwhile, The Old Fart sleeps comfortably on his $100 bills, has the golden drool cup close to his mug, and a helper ready to change his diaper.

HHURRICANE
01-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Ralph Wilson, Russ Brandon, Tom Modrak, Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey.

This team is going nowhere.

Do you really believe that this team could be playing in a Championship Game in a few years?

Ralph needs to expire and than we need to pray that somehow the team stays. Til that end I really have no interest in supporting losers.

THATHURMANATOR
01-29-2010, 08:57 AM

Kern I am known to be one of the more positive people here and even my optimism is at an alllll time low. I feel like the team will have 1 or 2 more crappy years in Buffalo. Ralph will pass then they move out of town. I have no confidence there are buyers locally that would be able to outbid any LA or Toronto buyers. Then my pocket book will be fatter, My Blood pressure will be in order, but my heart will be broken.

SABURZFAN
01-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Kern I am known to be one of the more positive people here and even my optimism is at an alllll time low. I feel like the team will have 1 or 2 more crappy years in Buffalo. Ralph will pass then they move out of town. I have no confidence there are buyers locally that would be able to outbid any LA or Toronto buyers. Then my pocket book will be fatter, My Blood pressure will be in order, but my heart will be broken.

you better snap out of those thoughts and look ahead to better days. :mad:

THATHURMANATOR
01-29-2010, 09:08 AM
you better snap out of those thoughts and look ahead to better days. :mad:
Oh Trust me I will be at every game cheering my fat drunken Face off!!!

SABURZFAN
01-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Oh Trust me I will be at every game cheering my fat drunken Face off!!!

i know you will. :cheers: