PDA

View Full Version : Miller's play warrants MVP talk

RockStar36
01-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Over the years, I've been a lonely advocate for starting pitchers to be named Most Valuable Player in baseball. Pitchers are the most vital factor every time they take the mound. They should be considered for MVP, even if they play every fifth day.

I'm even more passionate about goaltenders. Imagine if you could send the best pitcher in the league to the mound every night. That's what it's like when you have a great goalie.

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/jerrysullivan/story/937711.html

OpIv37
01-29-2010, 11:24 AM
I absolutely believe Miller should be considered for the MVP. He's the main reason for this team's success, and on many nights he's the only guy that shows up. He is carrying this team.

Unfortunately, flashy scorers like Ovechkin and Crosby are more marketable and produce better highlight reels, so the NHL will probably find a way to justify giving it to one of them. Don't get me wrong- both of those guys are damn good and clearly help their teams- I just don't see either one carrying their team as much as Miller is this year.

RockStar36
01-29-2010, 11:35 AM
I absolutely believe Miller should be considered for the MVP. He's the main reason for this team's success, and on many nights he's the only guy that shows up. He is carrying this team.

Unfortunately, flashy scorers like Ovechkin and Crosby are more marketable and produce better highlight reels, so the NHL will probably find a way to justify giving it to one of them. Don't get me wrong- both of those guys are damn good and clearly help their teams- I just don't see either one carrying their team as much as Miller is this year.

Totally agree.

Those teams wouldn't be as good, but would still manage without those two guys. If the Sabres lost Miller (like last year), they become a steaming pile.

Although it has nothing to do with the NHL, I'm wondering if a strong Olympic performance makes people notice him more.

Although I will say, almost every road broadcast I watch is all over Miller, so people have noticed him.

ddaryl
01-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Without a doubt Miller is having one of his best years and is probably the main reason we're where we are right now....

which is why we need to get a player in here that can help us take some presure off of Miller and provide us with a quality player we can make a cup run with.

We already saw how a team can't quite get over the hump when we leaned on Hasek all those years, I see this sabres team in a similiar light. There good and potentially great, but they are missing a piece to the puzzle. AND that piece will allow us to us to deliver more consistent offensive pressure making Millers job a little easier IMO.

but more then likely Miller will lose out to the high octane scorers. His stats and GAA are rock solid, but he isn't as stingy as Hasek was when he was knocking down MVP awards.