PDA

View Full Version : Bills Roster Review: Tight Ends

patmoran2006
01-29-2010, 10:57 AM
About two weeks back, I penned a piece in this space imploring Buffalo to re-discover the tight end position (http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/1/14/1250795/bills-need-to-re-discover-the) in its offense. That article was written shortly before Gailey was introduced as Buffalo’s head coach; needless to say, the fact that the Bills hired an offensive-minded head coach who professes to build schemes around the talents of his players brings a little optimism to the outlook of this position in Buffalo. That is, if Gailey can live up to his word. Oh, and find a quarterback. And an offensive line.

Buffalo does have some talent at this position, although what the new coaching staff expects in general out of the position could severely impact how it’s addressed this off-season. Regardless, things are looking up for one or two of Buffalo’s young tight ends, in particular a player entering his second season.

STORY (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/bills-roster-review-tight-ends/)

bigbub2352
01-29-2010, 11:03 AM
I want nothing to do with any of the bums we had on this roster
besides Shawn Nelson he has raw potential and showed flashes of being the TE we sorely need
but those other bums see yah later
get some new blood in here a real Vet maybe and a draft pick or 2 Vets so sad

DesertFox24
01-29-2010, 11:08 AM
I like Fine a lot he is a pretty good blocker and we will be running a lot of two te sets I bet next year.

That being said my fav TE in this draft for us is Pitta from BYU.

Buddo
01-29-2010, 12:20 PM
I really like Nelson's potential. The guy should have a good to exceptional NFL future ahead of him, providing he keeps his head, and puts the work in.
He's pretty quick for a TE, but the thing that stands out to me, is his 'natural' ability to catch the rock. He simply makes catching the football look easy. He also has the right 'type' of build, to put on the necessary 'muscle' to become a decnt enough blocker, but it is his hands that make him an exciting prospect imho.
I don't dislike Schouman or Fine, but I do have an issue with them, especially Schouman. The issue is a fairly simple one, and it relates to the fact that neither has had an injury free season as yet. They both have ability, but ability is of no use if it isn't ready to go on a Sunday.

psubills62
01-29-2010, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't mind getting someone like Hoomanawanui or Colin Peek. We've got Nelson, who is the tall, athletic TE meant to stretch the field. Our roster could use a big, solid-blocking TE with soft hands.

Although I wouldn't mind picking up Andrew Quarless (I know, homer pick) later in the draft. He's a willing blocker. With him and Nelson growing into average blockers and excellent receivers, we could run a lot of two tight-end sets and pass quite a bit out of them.

THRILLHO
01-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Using TEs was right up there on Dick Jauron's "to do list" that never got done or done well. Also on the list was the no huddle, and winning games.

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Rob Gronkowski in the 3rd

ddaryl
01-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Schouman was having a great start to the season last year before he was injured.. He had 6 catches in the TB game and 3 against NE the week before...

was bummed when he went down.