PDA

View Full Version : Bulaga may be Bills Target?

Raptor
01-29-2010, 11:32 AM
The more I think about this and look over who's available and what the needs are around the league I'm not really seeing how this pick isnt going to be an OT. Unless Clausen or Bradford drop to us and thats really the only way I see us not picking an OT.

This is what I'm looking at Buffalo, KC, Oak, Seattle, S.F., Pitt,N.E., G.B., Dallas, S.D., Ari, and Detroit all have very legitimatereasons to take an OT high. I went to each teams message board to kindof gage it because sometimes they have a sleeper on there team and allof there fans in each of those cities list OT either 1 or 2 on their needs list.

Here are the OT's that carry a first or a fringe first grade Okung,Davis, Williams, Bulaga, Campbell, Ducasse. Okung is the only eliteprospect among them and then the other 5 are in the next tier down.

So you have 12 teams with a 1 or 2 need at OT and only 6 players tofill that need. Now more than likely Buffalo is smart enough to realizethis(or at least I hope they are) that if you dont take one at 9 yourlikely going to be stuck picking one off the 3rd tier in the secondround which is going to be a big reach and big reaches is where bigbust tend to come from or worse yet picking off the 4th and 5th tiersin rounds 3 and 4. Despite reports this class is week I think you goingto have the OT's once again come flying off the boards in the first round.

You also have to assume the Bills are going to be looking for someimmediate improvement on the offensive side of the ball since they madeit such a point to draft an offensive minded coach. Gailey is no foolhe knows the quickest way, outside of getting talent at the QB spot, toimprove an offense is to improve the OL play. The IOL should be finebut the OT spots are at best a train wreck. So he is likely to be verymotivated and will push for an OT if the QB's are off the board........

http://nflwarroom.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/2715512-bulaga-may-be-bills-target

I'm not high on Bulaga but the writer gives some very sound reasons and a convincing argument as to why the Bills may have him circled right now

DraftBoy
01-29-2010, 11:34 AM
:whistle:

Dying_-2-_Live
01-29-2010, 11:35 AM
It's way to early in the process to know who the team may target...
We dont have a full staff in place.... and we arent even sure who's staying.. who's going ect.

PECKERWOOD
01-29-2010, 11:39 AM
A bit early for this talk, there are many guys worth #9, I'm really starting to like this draft.

1.) Clausen
2.) Bradford
3.) Suh
4.) McCoy
5.) Okung
6.) McClain
7.) Berry
8.) Bryant
9.) Tate
10.) Tebow
11.) Gresham
12.) Bulaga
13.) Morgan

I could go on and on and on, Tebow actually would not be a bad pick if you had a clever coordinator who could play to his strengths while minimizing his flaws.

Prov401
01-29-2010, 11:49 AM
A bit early for this talk, there are many guys worth #9, I'm really starting to like this draft.

1.) Clausen
2.) Bradford
3.) Suh
4.) McCoy
5.) Okung
6.) McClain
7.) Berry
8.) Bryant
9.) Tate
10.) Tebow
11.) Gresham
12.) Bulaga
13.) Morgan

I could go on and on and on, Tebow actually would not be a bad pick if you had a clever coordinator who could play to his strengths while minimizing his flaws.

Tebow would be a horriffic pick. I don't think we have a clever coordinator to help out a delivery slower than Byron Leftwich's. Left handed QB's are extremely rare, and almost never succeed in the NFL. The only ones who are relevent to mention are Young and Stabler. If you want, I'll throw in Esiason and Brunell.

A left handed QB, with the slowest delivery I've ever seen. We really should just X out this Tebow to Buffalo talk.

However, your right. This draft is shaping up nicely, and Buffalo should end up with somebody good. But, we are Buffalo, and I'm sure we're going to end up reaching for somebody projected to be there in the 3rd.

tampabay25690
01-29-2010, 12:02 PM
I luv reading all the draft talks.....
Its amusing to me...

PECKERWOOD
01-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Its amusing to me...

Well, mock drafts can be pretty pointless but to me, the big board talk is loads of fun. There are so many good players this year, it's going to be an exciting draft.

psubills62
01-29-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm pretty sure Ducasse moved down out of that second tier after this Senior Bowl week.

I think in the end that an OT will be the pick, and Bulaga should be there at #9. We'll see, though. If OT's go fast (I really don't think they will), though, then McClain could be the one.

ddaryl
01-29-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm pretty sure Ducasse moved down out of that second tier after this Senior Bowl week.

I think in the end that an OT will be the pick, and Bulaga should be there at #9. We'll see, though. If OT's go fast (I really don't think they will), though, then McClain could be the one.

I think 2 OT's will probably jump off the board before us...

and then there will be a run on them before the 1st rd is up.

I believe that if we don't take an OT at #9 or in the 1st rd (in a trade down scenario) the OT pickens in the 2nd rd on will be projects.

With the amount of quality players at positions of need trading down if possible is definitely attractive...

psubills62
01-29-2010, 12:36 PM
I think 2 OT's will probably jump off the board before us...

and then there will be a run on them before the 1st rd is up.

I believe that if we don't take an OT at #9 or in the 1st rd (in a trade down scenario) the OT pickens in the 2nd rd on will be projects.

With the amount of quality players at positions of need trading down if possible is definitely attractive...

Okung will definitely be gone by the time we pick. But there's Bradford and a host of defensive players that grade out much better than most of the other OT's on the board.

I could easily see us getting our choice of 2nd-tier OT at #9.

If perchance we don't get good value on an OT in round 1, I'd almost rather take the chance, grab McClain then get Roger Saffold in round 3, he's more of a project but has potential at LT.

trapezeus
01-29-2010, 12:43 PM
like the cavier? rich bastards are talking about their appetizeres at OBD and not the draft.

PECKERWOOD
01-29-2010, 12:48 PM
like the cavier? rich bastards are talking about their appetizeres at OBD and not the draft.

Or maybe free agency. :)

better days
01-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Tebow would be a horriffic pick. I don't think we have a clever coordinator to help out a delivery slower than Byron Leftwich's. Left handed QB's are extremely rare, and almost never succeed in the NFL. The only ones who are relevent to mention are Young and Stabler. If you want, I'll throw in Esiason and Brunell.

A left handed QB, with the slowest delivery I've ever seen. We really should just X out this Tebow to Buffalo talk.

However, your right. This draft is shaping up nicely, and Buffalo should end up with somebody good. But, we are Buffalo, and I'm sure we're going to end up reaching for somebody projected to be there in the 3rd.

Chris Simms was starting to develop into a good QB before his injury. In fact he may finally be healthy now & worth a look.

Night Train
01-29-2010, 12:53 PM
He's been at the top of my wish list for some time now. I'd love the selection.

Ferrygoat
01-29-2010, 01:24 PM
The thought of getting the 3rd or 4th best OT at #9 doesn't sit well with me

ddaryl
01-29-2010, 01:42 PM
The thought of getting the 3rd or 4th best OT at #9 doesn't sit well with me

the grades from the 2nd - 4th best T's are pretty tight at this point. By the time the combine comes and goes this should be well sorted out.

Ones teams 2nd best might be anothers 4th best etc...

Prov401
01-29-2010, 01:43 PM
I really think we have to wait and see what defense we're going with in order get more of an accurate idea as to who we might take in the draft.

If we go 3-4, we probably need 4 new starters for our D. In that case, I think we must draft a defensive player. I would be ecstatic if we got McClain at 9. But if we go 4-3, I think we have to go offense, particularly LT.

As far as QB's go, Bradford/Clausen is shaping up to be the Sanchez/Stafford of 2010. If both of these guys wow scouts and fans at the combine, and show possible day 1 starting ability, then I am all for taking a chance. If only one succeeds at showing NFL success, then he will surely be gone by our pick, and I would be pissed if we took a chance on the one who has raw talent. We need help now, not in 2-3 years.

TigerJ
01-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Good call Draftboy. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

kernowboy
01-30-2010, 05:35 AM
Eugene Monroe and Michael Oher were the third and fourth OTs taken last year. I'd be happy if there was similar quality in the 3rd or 4th guys taken this year which will be Anthony Davis, Bryan Bulaga, or Bruce Campbell.

To be honest, all would be excellent selections whoever we went for and would represent a massive upgrade

clumping platelets
01-30-2010, 05:37 AM
McClain at #9 then trade up for an OT :nod:

Buddo
01-30-2010, 06:04 AM

Possibly the 'ideal' scenario, but they don't often seem to work out.

Much still remains to be decided, in respect of what type of D we will be using.
Imho, the single most useful pick we can make at #9 is OT.
It is the pick that sets up the rest of the draft for us. Get an OT, and we can consider that we should at least, be able to put out a respectable offense.
If we have decided that we are going to switch to a 3-4 D, we could probably spend the rest of our picks, looking to get the players we need, to transition.

If we don't find a LT, we are going to be bad (again). Possibly even worse than last year, if we are attempting to switch our defense to a 3-4 as well.

kernowboy
01-30-2010, 06:10 AM
I think we could also look at Brandon Spiller or Sean Lee in the 2nd or 3rd who are more likely to be there than a starting LT and who will allow us to move Poz to SLB

Bmax
01-30-2010, 09:45 AM
I have also targeted this Guy......If he works out well then his stock should rise .. Right now i think he is 2nd best taclke in the draft...

Well schooled by former NFL line coach Kirk Frentz...

Bmax

tampabay25690
01-30-2010, 10:01 AM

That would be a good plan..

DraftBoy
01-30-2010, 10:18 AM
That would be a good plan..

Minus the fact that we already have too few picks to fill the holes we have.

Raptor
01-30-2010, 01:31 PM
I have also targeted this Guy......If he works out well then his stock should rise .. Right now i think he is 2nd best taclke in the draft...

Well schooled by former NFL line coach Kirk Frentz...

Bmax

I dont know I'm not high on him. First there was the Michigan game where he simply got abused and had no answer for Graham

Then I was looking forward to the G.T. game and Morgan but he only faced Morgan a handful of times. When they were matched up Morgan was able to keep him off balance with just the mere threat of going with a pass rush move to the outside

I personally think Bulaga is a much better fit at Guard, When the action is in front of him he can handle it, but when an DE off the edge gets under him and knocks off his balance he doesn't seem to be able to re-anchor himself after being beat, he just gets ridden back into the QB.

jamze132
01-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Maybe the brain trust at OBD will draft a KR at #9 and then move back into the first to grab Moorman's replacement. Gotta keep those ST special!

DraftBoy
01-31-2010, 10:39 AM
I dont know I'm not high on him. First there was the Michigan game where he simply got abused and had no answer for Graham

Then I was looking forward to the G.T. game and Morgan but he only faced Morgan a handful of times. When they were matched up Morgan was able to keep him off balance with just the mere threat of going with a pass rush move to the outside

I personally think Bulaga is a much better fit at Guard, When the action is in front of him he can handle it, but when an DE off the edge gets under him and knocks off his balance he doesn't seem to be able to re-anchor himself after being beat, he just gets ridden back into the QB.

What are you talking about? He faced Morgan on over 60% of the snaps in the game and Morgan was completely stone walled the entire game against Bulaga so to say Morgan kept him off balance is way off. I dont know why you dont like Bulaga so much but your bias is very apparent in this post.

SABURZFAN
01-31-2010, 11:41 AM
Its amusing to me...

it's quite amusing how Tebow is severely overrated. he's nothing more than a mid- late round schmoe with a lot of hype. it reminds me of the Owen Schmitt talks from a couple of years ago.

Raptor
02-01-2010, 08:08 AM
What are you talking about? He faced Morgan on over 60% of the snaps in the game and Morgan was completely stone walled the entire game against Bulaga so to say Morgan kept him off balance is way off. I dont know why you dont like Bulaga so much but your bias is very apparent in this post.

Ok if I have a bias against him then you have a clear bias for him, its called an opinion suck it up and deal with it

Oh and 60% of the snaps? Yea there is no way he faced him 60% of the time in that game Morgan spent by far the majority on the left side

ddaryl
02-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Baluga is moving up draft boards quickly...