X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor
    • Jan 2009

Bulaga may be Bills Target?

The more I think about this and look over who's available and what the needs are around the league I'm not really seeing how this pick isnt going to be an OT. Unless Clausen or Bradford drop to us and thats really the only way I see us not picking an OT.

This is what I'm looking at Buffalo, KC, Oak, Seattle, S.F., Pitt,N.E., G.B., Dallas, S.D., Ari, and Detroit all have very legitimatereasons to take an OT high. I went to each teams message board to kindof gage it because sometimes they have a sleeper on there team and allof there fans in each of those cities list OT either 1 or 2 on their needs list.

Here are the OT's that carry a first or a fringe first grade Okung,Davis, Williams, Bulaga, Campbell, Ducasse. Okung is the only eliteprospect among them and then the other 5 are in the next tier down.

So you have 12 teams with a 1 or 2 need at OT and only 6 players tofill that need. Now more than likely Buffalo is smart enough to realizethis(or at least I hope they are) that if you dont take one at 9 yourlikely going to be stuck picking one off the 3rd tier in the secondround which is going to be a big reach and big reaches is where bigbust tend to come from or worse yet picking off the 4th and 5th tiersin rounds 3 and 4. Despite reports this class is week I think you goingto have the OT's once again come flying off the boards in the first round.

You also have to assume the Bills are going to be looking for someimmediate improvement on the offensive side of the ball since they madeit such a point to draft an offensive minded coach. Gailey is no foolhe knows the quickest way, outside of getting talent at the QB spot, toimprove an offense is to improve the OL play. The IOL should be finebut the OT spots are at best a train wreck. So he is likely to be verymotivated and will push for an OT if the QB's are off the board........

I'm not high on Bulaga but the writer gives some very sound reasons and a convincing argument as to why the Bills may have him circled right now
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bulaga may be Bills Target?

COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
      • Feb 2009

It's way to early in the process to know who the team may target...
      We dont have a full staff in place.... and we arent even sure who's staying.. who's going ect.
      "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

A bit early for this talk, there are many guys worth #9, I'm really starting to like this draft.

1.) Clausen
        2.) Bradford
        3.) Suh
        4.) McCoy
        5.) Okung
        6.) McClain
        7.) Berry
        8.) Bryant
        9.) Tate
        10.) Tebow
        11.) Gresham
        12.) Bulaga
        13.) Morgan

I could go on and on and on, Tebow actually would not be a bad pick if you had a clever coordinator who could play to his strengths while minimizing his flaws.

Comment

• Prov401
          President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
          A bit early for this talk, there are many guys worth #9, I'm really starting to like this draft.

1.) Clausen
          2.) Bradford
          3.) Suh
          4.) McCoy
          5.) Okung
          6.) McClain
          7.) Berry
          8.) Bryant
          9.) Tate
          10.) Tebow
          11.) Gresham
          12.) Bulaga
          13.) Morgan

I could go on and on and on, Tebow actually would not be a bad pick if you had a clever coordinator who could play to his strengths while minimizing his flaws.
          Tebow would be a horriffic pick. I don't think we have a clever coordinator to help out a delivery slower than Byron Leftwich's. Left handed QB's are extremely rare, and almost never succeed in the NFL. The only ones who are relevent to mention are Young and Stabler. If you want, I'll throw in Esiason and Brunell.

A left handed QB, with the slowest delivery I've ever seen. We really should just X out this Tebow to Buffalo talk.

However, your right. This draft is shaping up nicely, and Buffalo should end up with somebody good. But, we are Buffalo, and I'm sure we're going to end up reaching for somebody projected to be there in the 3rd.
          Last edited by Prov401; 01-29-2010, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

I luv reading all the draft talks.....
            Its amusing to me...
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by tampabay25690
              I luv reading all the draft talks.....
              Its amusing to me...
              Well, mock drafts can be pretty pointless but to me, the big board talk is loads of fun. There are so many good players this year, it's going to be an exciting draft.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

I'm pretty sure Ducasse moved down out of that second tier after this Senior Bowl week.

I think in the end that an OT will be the pick, and Bulaga should be there at #9. We'll see, though. If OT's go fast (I really don't think they will), though, then McClain could be the one.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
                  I'm pretty sure Ducasse moved down out of that second tier after this Senior Bowl week.

I think in the end that an OT will be the pick, and Bulaga should be there at #9. We'll see, though. If OT's go fast (I really don't think they will), though, then McClain could be the one.
                  I think 2 OT's will probably jump off the board before us...

and then there will be a run on them before the 1st rd is up.

I believe that if we don't take an OT at #9 or in the 1st rd (in a trade down scenario) the OT pickens in the 2nd rd on will be projects.

With the amount of quality players at positions of need trading down if possible is definitely attractive...

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    I think 2 OT's will probably jump off the board before us...

and then there will be a run on them before the 1st rd is up.

I believe that if we don't take an OT at #9 or in the 1st rd (in a trade down scenario) the OT pickens in the 2nd rd on will be projects.

With the amount of quality players at positions of need trading down if possible is definitely attractive...
                    Okung will definitely be gone by the time we pick. But there's Bradford and a host of defensive players that grade out much better than most of the other OT's on the board.

I could easily see us getting our choice of 2nd-tier OT at #9.

If perchance we don't get good value on an OT in round 1, I'd almost rather take the chance, grab McClain then get Roger Saffold in round 3, he's more of a project but has potential at LT.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

like the cavier? rich bastards are talking about their appetizeres at OBD and not the draft.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        like the cavier? rich bastards are talking about their appetizeres at OBD and not the draft.
                        Or maybe free agency. :)

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
                          Tebow would be a horriffic pick. I don't think we have a clever coordinator to help out a delivery slower than Byron Leftwich's. Left handed QB's are extremely rare, and almost never succeed in the NFL. The only ones who are relevent to mention are Young and Stabler. If you want, I'll throw in Esiason and Brunell.

A left handed QB, with the slowest delivery I've ever seen. We really should just X out this Tebow to Buffalo talk.

However, your right. This draft is shaping up nicely, and Buffalo should end up with somebody good. But, we are Buffalo, and I'm sure we're going to end up reaching for somebody projected to be there in the 3rd.
                          Chris Simms was starting to develop into a good QB before his injury. In fact he may finally be healthy now & worth a look.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

He's been at the top of my wish list for some time now. I'd love the selection.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ferrygoat
                              • Feb 2005

The thought of getting the 3rd or 4th best OT at #9 doesn't sit well with me

Comment

Working...
                              X