• Shaggy826
    • Jan 2010

Bills Hire Special Teams coach

One more coach has been added to the lineup:

• T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: Bills Hire Special Teams coach

Good ol' Bruce is back. Besides taking the fall for the Music City Miracle, he is one of the better special team coaches out there. Good hire.

Comment

• Demon
      • Mar 2003

Worst special teams coach in the league. And responsible for Music city miracle.

Great choice.
      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

A solid move... Dehaven was a scapegoat for "the miracle"

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Demon
          Worst special teams coach in the league. And responsible for Music city miracle.

Great choice.
          Darryl Ported was responsible for that.

DeHaven is a solid coach.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Demon
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by T-Long
            Good ol' Bruce is back. Besides taking the fall for the Music City Miracle, he is one of the better special team coaches out there. Good hire.
            He is? You must not have been watching the Seahawks last 3 seasons.

What a complete joke this team is. Replace Bobby April with DeHaven? LOL

wow.... i'm speechless.
            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• T-Long
              • Sep 2003

wow.... i'm speechless.
              The Seahawks don't have a good team at all...and you are gonna put the blame on a Special Teams coach? Yeah, it's all his fault.

Granted, I liked Bobby April as much as anybody, but he's gone now. If he had hired some up and comer with no real history of success, we'd be killing him. But, Gailey goes out and finds a guy who has been very successful in the league overall and has been with this organization for a long time.

I applaud the hire.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                • Nov 2005

Bobby's the best in the business, and it's a damn shame he wasn't retained.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

Good hire, developed the best Special Teams coach of all time in Steve Tasker, also developed guys like Mark Pike, Adam Linger etc...
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• T-Long
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy
                    Bobby's the best in the business, and it's a damn shame he wasn't retained.
                    he wasn't retained because he was pissed off he didn't get the HC gig for the final few games. Either way he would have been gone because he would have been interviewed for the HC job and not gotten it and then would have left anyways. No reason for him to even be brought up considering he wasn't coming back regardless.

Comment

• Demon
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by T-Long
                      The Seahawks don't have a good team at all...and you are gonna put the blame on a Special Teams coach? Yeah, it's all his fault.

Granted, I liked Bobby April as much as anybody, but he's gone now. If he had hired some up and comer with no real history of success, we'd be killing him. But, Gailey goes out and finds a guy who has been very successful in the league overall and has been with this organization for a long time.

I applaud the hire.
                      I've heard this all week about most of the coaches we hired. They had bad talent. Bad luck. Blah blah blah. What do you think we have? Great talent?

Adding special team players isn't really very expensive. Teaching and understanding roles is what is important. DeHaven could have added low budget players. Failed. He didn't teach his guys anything. Fail. What has DeHaven done to say he's a good coach?

To me, this reaks another cheap hire. DeHaven was not going to be back in football next season... and then Nix called.
                      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                        • Jul 2005

wow.... i'm speechless.
                        We did not replace April, April left and voided his contract.

I said it when jauron was hired, lets see what happens in the season. After that first season we should have all seen the writing on the wall but some of us didn't. We need to give Chan and his staff a full season before we start destroying them.

Lastly we will more than likely suck next year but if we make progress in November and December then we should be happy.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Excellent. He was terrific for us the first time around, and has been gainfully employed ever since, including 4 years with Parcells in Dallas.

I don't think the Music City Forward Lateral was so much his fault, as his players not maintaining their lanes.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DesertFox24
                            • Jul 2005

How is it that we know this stuff before Adam Schefter reports it on TWITTAGRA!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Along with Saunders and Catavolos, that's 3 Asst. coaches I like a lot.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X