LT- Levitre
LG- Wood
C- Hangartner
RG- Incognito
RT- Butler

NO

ddaryl
01-29-2010, 03:11 PM
his arms are too short and he lacks ideal height.

he is a good backup LT in a pinch but I don't think he's the answer

The Spaz
01-29-2010, 03:12 PM
He's is not a tackle period.

Mitchell55
01-29-2010, 03:12 PM
NO

And why is that. Also, I just saw the video on the internet, I really dont care either way but I just wanted peoples opinion. Why dont you think he would work

tatersalad
01-29-2010, 03:14 PM
arms are to short not a good punch

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 03:15 PM
And why is that. Also, I just saw the video on the internet, I really dont care either way but I just wanted peoples opinion. Why dont you think he would work

too short, arms not long enough

Mudflap1
01-29-2010, 03:51 PM
I like First Round Rookie LT, Levitre, Wood, Incognito, Butler, with Hang as the first backup for the interior. That line would have a lot of upside.

Mahdi
01-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Too short

Short arms

Will have trouble locking onto defenders on the outside and creating push in the run game.

Tall DEs will get into his body easily since he wont be able to keep them off him with his short arms.

tampabay25690
01-29-2010, 04:02 PM
He's is not a tackle period.

Why Coach?

ByrdsTheWord
01-29-2010, 04:03 PM
wow. amazing...and im not talking about the video.

tampabay25690
01-29-2010, 04:03 PM
I dont think he will be the starting LT but in a pinch would be fine there...
Keep him at Left Guard and we will be fine

The Spaz
01-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Why Coach?

It's been covered already but if you want to hear it again. Not athletic enough and his arms are too short.

tampabay25690
01-29-2010, 04:18 PM
It's been covered already but if you want to hear it again. Not athletic enough and his arms are too short.

alrighty coach..
But all you just said is false sure he can play or anyplayer can play OT if they are good enough..

The Spaz
01-29-2010, 04:20 PM
alrighty coach..
But all you just said is false sure he can play or anyplayer can play OT if they are good enough..

No problem.

patmoran2006
01-29-2010, 04:22 PM
IF levitre had any real long term viability as a LT they would've moved them either before the season or before 10,000 injuries to OT occured.

Wood and Levitre are the guards next year. .I would not expect Incognito back. .If we're healthy, we dont need him

Michael82
01-29-2010, 04:58 PM
I like this line...

LT Jamon Meredith/2nd round OT
LG Andy Levitre
C Eric Wood
RG Richie Incognito
RT Brad Butler/Demetrius Bell

The Spaz
01-29-2010, 05:07 PM
alrighty coach..

Find me a good short and short armed tackle.

Goobylal
01-29-2010, 05:24 PM
IF levitre had any real long term viability as a LT they would've moved them either before the season or before 10,000 injuries to OT occured.

Wood and Levitre are the guards next year. .I would not expect Incognito back. .If we're healthy, we dont need him
You didn't really just say "If we're healthy," did you? Incognito is a RFA thanks to the lack of a salary cap, which means he's a cheap tender to keep for the year. You keep him, let Levitre compete at LT (he did a good job in the Jags game) as well as LG, and play the best 5.

naveed
01-29-2010, 06:15 PM

Agree with the first part, but we don't need quality linemen?? Regardless of health, Incognito would be a great asset for next year.

Night Train
01-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Hey, did everyone hear ? Levitre has short arms ! :nod:

Leave the middle of the line alone. Levitre & Wood at Guard. Hangartner at C. Meredith at RT (Bell has a long rehab) and our 1st round pick at LT.

BertSquirtgum
01-29-2010, 09:40 PM
i do not think the bills should get rid of incognito. i think he will be good once he gets reps with the team. he was signed and they threw him right into the fire. also, he is a monster of a man. he looked like a walking mountain when i was at the patriots game.

better days
01-29-2010, 10:09 PM
i do not think the bills should get rid of incognito. i think he will be good once he gets reps with the team. he was signed and they threw him right into the fire. also, he is a monster of a man. he looked like a walking mountain when i was at the patriots game.

I agree & I think Chan can teach him discipline to prevent penalties.

PECKERWOOD
01-29-2010, 10:15 PM

Levitre is a good swing blocker, you can pull him over to the outside and with his mobility he really gets to the second level nicely, you're right, Levitre is a valuable guard and so is Wood now get me an absolute mauler at left tackle.

BertSquirtgum
01-29-2010, 10:41 PM
i would really like to have the line look like this.

rookie LT Levitre Wood Incognito Butler

Goobylal
01-29-2010, 10:54 PM

Wood's injury throws his 2010 season in doubt, even though I think he'll play (and if he does, I also hope they put him at center). That leaves Levitre, Hangman, and Incognito to man the interior, with Butler and Meredith fighting it out for RT, and perhaps Meredith and Levitre fighting it out for LT, if Wood comes back as expected. I really don't like the idea of taking a LT with the 9th overall pick.

Mitchell55
01-29-2010, 11:50 PM

Ive been saying this for a while but keep getting bashed for it

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-29-2010, 11:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBYwRvi4pZA

LT- Levitre
LG- Wood
C- Hangartner
RG- Incognito
RT- Butler
This seems to be a cheap way to not go out and improve our o-line

ByrdsTheWord
01-30-2010, 12:31 AM

The dude likes Kawika Mitchell. What else would you expect?

Goobylal
01-31-2010, 10:53 AM
It has little to do with cheap. Given that FA will likely see few players change teams, the only other way to improve is through the draft. Given that there are only so many high draft picks, using them on true-need players is essential. The Bills have Wood, Incognito, and Hangman for the interior. They have Butler, Meredith, and Bell at OT. Levitre could play anywhere except center. The Bills need a QB, NT (if they go 3-4) and a LB'er, as well as to find a LT (whether on the roster or not).

X-Era
01-31-2010, 11:02 AM
Id be happy with any of about a half dozen prospects at 9. Id have no issue with taking a LT at 9, then drafting a QB later if we cant land Bradford.

Its not that I dislike Clausen, I just think hes not that much significantly better overall than players we get in later rounds.

LeFevour reminds me a lot of Losman, but hes growing on me. Guys like Max Hall, Tim Hiller....

Id like to see a new LT prospect come from this draft, a vet brought in at QB like Vick, and a later round QB prospect like Hiller/LeFevour/Hall.

Unless we think we could land Bradford at 9, if we could, Id say we should do it.

X-Era
01-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Ease up with the nastiness guys.

theanswer74
01-31-2010, 03:00 PM
too short, arms not long enough

He has longer arms then Michael Roos. Levitre has 32 1/2 inch arms Jason Peters has 33inch arms.

Michael Oher has 33 1/s inch arms

That said I like him at LG.

tomz
01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Perhaps it's not only that he has short arms by the measuring tape but how he uses them in a real situation?

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Id be happy with any of about a half dozen prospects at 9. Id have no issue with taking a LT at 9, then drafting a QB later if we cant land Bradford.

Its not that I dislike Clausen, I just think hes not that much significantly better overall than players we get in later rounds.

LeFevour reminds me a lot of Losman, but hes growing on me. Guys like Max Hall, Tim Hiller....

Id like to see a new LT prospect come from this draft, a vet brought in at QB like Vick, and a later round QB prospect like Hiller/LeFevour/Hall.

Unless we think we could land Bradford at 9, if we could, Id say we should do it.

Great post, this is along the lines of what I'm thinking, but I'm curious where LeFevour goes. I like both Pike & LeFevour as far as taking a QB from outside the 1st, ideally you want them in the 3rd, but will they be there?

theanswer74
01-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Perhaps it's not only that he has short arms by the measuring tape but how he uses them in a real situation?
He used them pretty well when he played LT for us. It was our best passing game of the year when he played LT, Im sure it was just a coincidence.

theanswer74
01-31-2010, 03:08 PM

lol, your giving the last staff too much credit. Why the heck wouldnt you want Icognito as depth? He is an RFA. That makes no sense to let him walk.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-31-2010, 07:25 PM
Roos is an excellent LT

better days
01-31-2010, 07:38 PM
lol, your giving the last staff too much credit. Why the heck wouldnt you want Icognito as depth? He is an RFA. That makes no sense to let him walk.

I think Incognito is better than back up material. Chan will instill discipline in him. If Wood can handle the mental aspect of Center then as others have said LG Levitre, C Wood, RG Incognito. Those three guys on the interior will bring a tough nastiness we have not seen in Buffalo in years. Hangartner back to the bench as a great back up that can play all the interior positions.

Canadian'eh!
01-31-2010, 07:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBYwRvi4pZA

LT- Levitre
LG- Wood
C- Hangartner
RG- Incognito
RT- Butler

So you think we should stick with 5 of the same guys who sucked balls all year?

Don't you have daycare tomorrow? shoulsn't you be in bed?

YardRat
01-31-2010, 07:53 PM
I'd love to keep Incognito, and see no reason why the team wouldn't want to also, especially considering he's an RFA and Woods' injury.

I really think that if we keep the guys we have now and add a legit LT the unit can go from the team's most glaring weakness to it's biggest strength.

Goobylal
01-31-2010, 08:16 PM
So you think we should stick with 5 of the same guys who sucked balls all year?

Don't you have daycare tomorrow? shoulsn't you be in bed?
You realize that Butler missed almost the entire season, throwing the RT position into flux all season, right? How about that Levitre and Wood were rookies? Or that Incognito joined the Bills just days before starting for them, in game 14? Or that the OC was fired right before the start of the season?

jamze132
02-01-2010, 06:41 AM

Even if we are healthy, we need his nasty streak. I want Wood moved to C and I would let Hangartner be the backup.