PDA

View Full Version : Norris Trophy

DrGraves
01-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Just listening to WGR and Rob Ray thinks Tyler should at least be in the discussion...

if you look at his body of work this year: ice team, +/-, points, not taking penalties, overall defensive play, blocks, special team.... its hard to disagree

I'm not saying he has much of a chance to win it... but in a year that Chara and Lidstrom are down and the fact that Green on the Caps sucks at D... Tyler should at least be in the general discussion!

snow1989
01-30-2010, 02:17 AM
I'd agree he should at least get consideration...he's been a stand-out, both defensively and when joining the rush

DrGraves
01-30-2010, 11:52 AM
no one else has any comments? who else do you think is in the running?

Ebenezer
01-30-2010, 12:37 PM
no one else has any comments? who else do you think is in the running?
I think the only thing holding him back is his +/- and whether he is a game changer. Being on a team with the league's best goalie (statistically) he should have a better +/-. Game changer? Not yet. He's steady but not the type to take over a game.

Crisis
01-30-2010, 12:39 PM
calder? definitely should be one of the leaders for it.

as far as Norris goes, I wouldn't put him on the same level as the top defensemen in the league yet.

DrGraves
01-30-2010, 02:02 PM
calder? definitely should be one of the leaders for it.

as far as Norris goes, I wouldn't put him on the same level as the top defensemen in the league yet.

I totally agree... but I hope he gets a little recognition for his body of work this year at least.... I'm thinking Keith Duncan is the leader in the clubhouse right now for the award but we do have lots of hockey left to be played..

SabreEleven
02-01-2010, 04:26 PM
The Sabres need to lock him for the next 10 years...

qcsabresfan84
02-01-2010, 05:14 PM
ESPN had an article last week with Scott Burnside and Pierre Lebrun both picking who they would have in the all star game if there was one this year, and both of them had Myers on the squad.