PDA

View Full Version : Few highlights from Mark Gaughan's chat

patmoran2006
01-29-2010, 04:04 PM
mark gaughan had his weekly chat this afternoon and I thought two comments stood out.

1. From what I've heard, the staff is set, or virtually set, and has been for awhile. The hold up in announcing, or part of it anyway, is there are a couple college guys coming to Buffalo, and it's better for their teams if they wait until after the college signing day, which is this coming Wednesday ... So I don't know who the DC will be. It's possible it could be Bob Sanders. ...

2. If it's Sanders you would think it would be a 4-3. ... But indications are they're leaning 3-4.

Regarding one, I have heard the same thing that I dont know why we're throwing out names that their DC has been set. .I started a thread as such thinking on tuesday it would be announced (was obviously wrong) that ended up in spam. But regardless of who it is, its been my strong belief he's already in tact.

and regarding the scheme, as I reported a few days ago, They are going to end in a 3-4 defense. Even if its Sanders who gets the gig, from everything I've been told it will be a 3-4 anyway

patmoran2006
01-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Ooops.. Here's the link from his chat.
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/01/mark-gaughans-live-chat-3.html

mrbojanglezs
01-29-2010, 04:10 PM
anddd you forgot to link it

Mitchell55
01-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Ha ha

patmoran2006
01-29-2010, 04:12 PM
anddd you forgot to link it

lol... u like that

THATHURMANATOR
01-29-2010, 04:13 PM
So you really don't have any info.

patmoran2006
01-29-2010, 04:14 PM
So you really don't have any info.

Actually, if you trust Mark Gaughan he basically confirmed what I told you this week already.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-29-2010, 04:16 PM
What's that the DC is here but we don't no if it's Sanders or someone else. My thinking it has to be a college coach.

patmoran2006
01-29-2010, 04:18 PM
What's that the DC is here but we don't no if it's Sanders or someone else. My thinking it has to be a college coach.

If you believe that the staff is already in tact, like I do.. Then yes, its either Sanders or a college coach that they are waiting to announce.

I dont' think its Sanders, but admittedly have no real info on that other than a hunch the way things are playing out.

But if guys want to play the guessing game, i'd start researching college coaches

Demon
01-29-2010, 04:24 PM
What happened to Tuesday??

patmoran2006
01-29-2010, 04:25 PM
What happened to Tuesday??
Didn't you read the original post in this thread?

wmoz11
01-29-2010, 04:29 PM
But if guys want to play the guessing game, i'd start researching college coaches

Tenuta?

patmoran2006
01-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Tenuta?

Probably not a bad name to start with.

patmoran2006
01-29-2010, 04:44 PM
the only reason I'm not sold on it being Sanders is that I feel my information is solid I got saying the bills are going 3-4, despite it making no sense and reports all over that say no.

Unless-- Sanders is capable of running a 3-4

Plus
If its Sanders, why they wait? They could announce him now and fill out staff with the college guys next week.

This is exactly why I have not speculated who the DC may even be, I have no idea and have stated that numerous times and If I were a betting man, I'd bet their DC is someone who hasnt even been mentioned yet

2Smooth
01-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Why would they wait if Tenuta was the choice for DC??

patmoran2006
01-29-2010, 04:59 PM
I dont know of any reason to wait for anyone.

but having said that, I think its one huge guessing game that I"m not ready to get caught up in.. I dont think anybody knows the choice right now

DraftBoy
01-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Probably not a bad name to start with.

If it was Tenuta it makes no sense to delay it as he is currently unemployed and National Signing Day has no bearing on him.

patmoran2006
01-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Again, your guess is as good as mine- and I've never claimed to have the inside track on any hire, only the scheme they plan on using.

It might be someone that somehow nobody has ever mentioned for all we know

kernowboy
01-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Could it be that there is a hell of a debate going on about what the best defence would be?

Gailey wants a 3-4 and maybe Nix but the coaching holdovers are saying that it might be difficult to win quickly and easily and of course they are re-reviewing their draft and free agency thoughts before making the final choice.

If the 3-4 guys in the draft we were targetting are moving up as a result of the senior bowl then this could be a problem

YardRat
01-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Could it be that there is a hell of a debate going on about what the best defence would be?

Gailey wants a 3-4 and maybe Nix but the coaching holdovers are saying that it might be difficult to win quickly and easily and of course they are re-reviewing their draft and free agency thoughts before making the final choice.

If the 3-4 guys in the draft we were targetting are moving up as a result of the senior bowl then this could be a problem

I would think that would have been settled on during the HC interview process. Even though this is Buffalo we're talking about, I can't see them getting to this point and all of a sudden Nix is saying to Gailey "Ummm...Waddya mean you're running a 3-4? I kind of assumed you'd stick with the 4-3."

Also, if the new DC was going to be Sanders or Tenuta there isn't really any reason to not have announced either one already (as some have already pointed out). It must be a new guy that isn't on anybody's radar yet, and it must be college because I don't see anybody on NO's or Indy's staff that they might be waiting for.