PDA

View Full Version : VanPelt back in broadcast booth?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-30-2010, 09:06 AM
WBEN 930AM

John Murphy WIVB sports and Buffalo Bills play by play announcer says that he would like to have Alex VanPelt back in the broadcast booth if he can't find another coaching job in the NFL.

Van Pelt was John Murphy's partner on Bills Radio Network broadcasts. He did color commentary for the radio broadcast of all Bills games until the 2005 season.

"Alex is amazing he knows what the team(s) plays will be run before the ball is snapped" says Murphy. So what does this mean for Mark Kelso? Murphy says that Kelso is a good friend and he would like to have them both in the booth and have VanPelt as the color commentary and Kelso as commentator.

Also Murphy tells us that WIVB Sports Paul Peck will be leaving the Bills Radio Network as sideline reporter as he will move to WECK and broadcast games for the UB Bulls so Kelso could move down to the sidelines and be sideline reporter.

We'll see what happens Murphy says.

Tatonka
01-30-2010, 10:03 AM
i feel bad for van pelt.. in the respect that he got shoved into an awful situation and had to deal with it.. the offense looked awful, but i dont know that anyone should blame him.. but the results of last year, if not permanently crippling peoples perception of him, will at the very least make it a very difficult road to get back into another situation like that where he gets another shot.

Ingtar33
01-30-2010, 02:57 PM
i feel bad for van pelt.. in the respect that he got shoved into an awful situation and had to deal with it.. the offense looked awful, but i dont know that anyone should blame him.. but the results of last year, if not permanently crippling peoples perception of him, will at the very least make it a very difficult road to get back into another situation like that where he gets another shot.

chuck dickerson was a terrible coach. it didn't keep him off radio. I like Alex personally, not that i know him all that well. But the guy certainly loves buffalo and the fans. he might not have been a great OC, but i don't think we should hate on him

FlyingDutchman
01-30-2010, 03:12 PM
"Alex is amazing he knows what the team(s) plays will be run before the ball is snapped" says Murphy.

is that supposed to make him special? so did 31 defensive coordinators

PECKERWOOD
01-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Couldn't we just bring him back as an assistant? He is a humble guy, he knows a bit about football, why not?

Oaf
01-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Murphy is the one who should be forced elsewhere. We went from one of the greats in Van Miller to this?

Night Train
01-30-2010, 08:36 PM
AVP was a complete homer and QB apologist as a broadcaster, next to Murphy.

Nice person but hardly neutral.