PDA

View Full Version : Who should the Sabres trade for at the deadline to help improve the roster?

Ebenezer
01-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Who should the Sabres trade for at the deadline to help improve the roster? And don't forget to include who they should move in return.

I'm thinking the Sabres could get any of the three and it would only cost draft picks:

Ray Whitney
Dwayne Roloson
Lubomir Visnovsky

Dr. Lecter
01-30-2010, 05:49 PM
They Sabres are only 1.8 million under the cap. If they trade for Whitney, they will need to move somebody making significant money (i.e. Ellis, Mair, Paestch do not make enough) like Lydman.

I like the idea of Stajan from the Leafs. Good center and he only makes 1.7 million. After the trade deadline there is no cap so they could still call players up as needed.

Move picks for him and maybe a mid level prospect like Gogulla.

Ebenezer
01-30-2010, 05:53 PM
They Sabres are only 1.8 million under the cap. If they trade for Whitney, they will need to move somebody making significant money (i.e. Ellis, Mair, Paestch do not make enough) like Lydman.

I like the idea of Stajan from the Leafs. Good center and he only makes 1.7 million. After the trade deadline there is no cap so they could still call players up as needed.

I'd be fine moving Lydman...

tampabay25690
01-30-2010, 05:55 PM
I think the sabres will NOT make a move but will talk to my friend this week to hear what is going on...

Ebenezer
01-30-2010, 06:05 PM
I think the sabres will NOT make a move but will talk to my friend this week to hear what is going on...
I might agree but I was asking who they SHOULD trade for.

hydro
01-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Don't trade any top prospects if possible. Definitely don't trade Tyler Myers EVER! Beyond that I don't have any emotional attachment to anyone else except maybe Connolly. For the right trade any of the others could be moved IMO.

tampabay25690
01-30-2010, 06:43 PM
I will find something out this week..

RockStar36
01-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Doubt the Islanders move Roloson.

They will definitely be moving Biron. He wouldn't want to stay in Buffalo because he wants to play 50 or so games, but for a short term rental (Lalime is up at the end of year) I'm all for bringing him in to give Miller a break. That Anaheim game crushed my confidence in Lalime.

Ebenezer
01-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Doubt the Islanders move Roloson.

They will definitely be moving Biron. He wouldn't want to stay in Buffalo because he wants to play 50 or so games, but for a short term rental (Lalime is up at the end of year) I'm all for bringing him in to give Miller a break. That Anaheim game crushed my confidence in Lalime.
Biron hasn't been that good though.

snow1989
01-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Biron hasn't been that good though.

Biron hasn't been that good, plus I don't think he wants to be relegated to simply a back-up role....I think he still wants a chance at being #1 somewhere.

Demon
01-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Ethan Moreau.

clumping platelets
01-30-2010, 10:28 PM

Sabres would only be responsible for the prorated portion of an acquired players' salary. Thus, the Sabres could trade for a player with a cap hit of approx. $4 million and not move anyone.

clumping platelets
01-30-2010, 10:29 PM
I do not want Roloson. I'd take Biron before him.

qcsabresfan84
01-31-2010, 12:55 AM
I would love it if we could pick up Lobomir Visnovsky, but i really doubt we could get him for just draft picks. He's a damn good player and Edmonton knows it. The only reason the rest of the league doesn't realize it is because he plays in Edmonton. However, we could never fit him under the cap, he's locked up for the next few years and I'm not exactly sure how much, but i think its a 5.5 mil cap hit. Still, he would be a great top d-man next to Myers.

Dr. Lecter
01-31-2010, 07:39 AM
Sabres would only be responsible for the prorated portion of an acquired players' salary. Thus, the Sabres could trade for a player with a cap hit of approx. $4 million and not move anyone.

Not true at all.

NHL teams need to be under the cap at all times until after the trade deadline. While it is true they are only responsible for part of the salary, the cap figure of ~$55 million is based on projecting what the players on the big league roster.

They can only fit about 1.8 million on the team right now

Ebenezer
01-31-2010, 09:20 AM
I would love it if we could pick up Lobomir Visnovsky, but i really doubt we could get him for just draft picks. He's a damn good player and Edmonton knows it. The only reason the rest of the league doesn't realize it is because he plays in Edmonton. However, we could never fit him under the cap, he's locked up for the next few years and I'm not exactly sure how much, but i think its a 5.5 mil cap hit. Still, he would be a great top d-man next to Myers.
I think we could get him for choices because he is older...and maybe EO would take Lydman...that would free up some salary...Lydman is also a FA after the end of the season and comes off the sheet.