PDA

View Full Version : Possible Scenario this offseason

tampabay25690
01-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Ok lets face it this QB class is terrible.......
I think after watching the Senior Bowl and the players that didn't play.
Im still not convinced there is a solid #1 QB in this draft.

Yes I think the Bills will draft a QB but probably later maybe 3-5th round.

The scenario I see is the BILLS make a trade with PHILI for Michael Vick and we draft our OT in the 1st round and possibly get out of the #9 spot and move around 20 and still land a OT.

Having gailey work with VICK could be huge for this team since he is a offensive minded coach..
There is so much you can do with a player that talented.....

This would be the best option in my opinion......

Yea I know Vick killed dogs and its disgraceful, lets put that behind us and try to win games again in Buffalo....
He may be the best option for us...
Well let me have it if you think Im nuts..............

Peace out and GO BILLS!!!!!!!:beers:

clumping platelets
01-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Just say :no: to Vick

gonzo1105
01-30-2010, 11:11 PM
I dont know why people assume we have to trade for Vick. If McNabb is truly staying with the Eagles then Vick's option at 5.5 million dollars probably wont be exercised making him a FA. I dont think the Bills would have to trade for him at all at that pricetag and being a wildcat QB

tampabay25690
01-30-2010, 11:16 PM
I dont know why people assume we have to trade for Vick. If McNabb is truly staying with the Eagles then Vick's option at 5.5 million dollars probably wont be exercised making him a FA. I dont think the Bills would have to trade for him at all at that pricetag and being a wildcat QB

You think VICK is just a wildcat QB?
He made the pro bowl as a QB...

Phil is smart they know there are at least 10 teams that have fair or **** Qb's and VICK will be a decent pickup....

tampabay25690
01-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Just say :no: to Vick

WHY are you so against?
What do u think the Bills should?

BertSquirtgum
01-30-2010, 11:24 PM
i hate the fact that the ******* killed dogs but he would be good here.

clumping platelets
01-30-2010, 11:27 PM
WHY are you so against?
What do u think the Bills should?

He would want to wear #7 :nervous:

tampabay25690
01-30-2010, 11:39 PM
He would want to wear #7 :nervous:

HA HA HA John elway wore 7

PECKERWOOD
01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Vick is not the best option although I wish him the best, he just does not belong here. Give me Clausen, Bradford or LeFevour over Vick, no thanks on him.

I emphasize the two men in the bold letters, they're the best fits for this franchise but I'd settle on Bradford if it came down to it.

tampabay25690
01-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Vick is not the best option although I wish him the best, he just does not belong here. Give me Clausen, Bradford or LeFevour over Vick, no thanks on him.

I emphasize the two men in the bold letters, they're the best fits for this franchise but I'd settle on Bradford if it came down to it.

What about to start next year?
Yes I owuld like them 2 but for the future, this franchise needs to WIN NOW!!!!!

clumping platelets
01-31-2010, 12:17 AM
HA HA HA John elway wore 7

So did J.P. Losman :yikes:

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Yes I owuld like them 2 but for the future, this franchise needs to WIN NOW!!!!!
We still got Trent Edwards, he will play good for 5-6 games before his vage gets torn, then we can bring the rookie in.

OpIv37
01-31-2010, 12:28 AM
You think VICK is just a wildcat QB?
He made the pro bowl as a QB...

Phil is smart they know there are at least 10 teams that have fair or **** Qb's and VICK will be a decent pickup....
Vick is not a QB. He's an athlete who lines up at QB. And the pro bowl is a farce. It's nothing but a popularity contest.

If he's our qb, it'll be like watching Losman on steroids. You know he's eventually going to do something good, but you sit on the edge of your seat praying that he doesn't do something incredibly stupid first.

I agree with you that the options at qb are limited. But that means we shouldn force our hand. This team has plenty of other holes to fill. Fix the ol first and worry about qb next offseason.

BillsWin
01-31-2010, 12:40 AM
I didn't like Vick before we found out he was a criminal. I always thought he was just "different" and that's why fans were drawn to him. Great athlete, but I never saw him winning a Lombardi trophy.

He has a career completion percentage of just over 50%, nothing real special about him there. And his career rating is 75.9. The most he's ever thrown in a season was 2,936 yards in 15 games. In his only full season as a starter he regressed slightly, throwing for 2,474 yards, a low completion percent of 52, and a rating of 75.7. People think he is this amazing rushing QB, but he kind of had to run a lot. His best year rushing came in 2006 with the Falcons. He had 1,039 yards rushing but lost 303 yards to sacks. He was sacked 45 times that year. He only had two touchdowns on the ground.

I'm not saying he isn't fun to watch, or not a good short fix in Buffalo, but I really don't see why some people think he should be our franchise guy.

Some crazy on another message board said we should trade a first for him.

To be quite honest, if there is one Eagles QB on that roster I would trade for, its not Vick, its not McNabb, its Kolb.

kernowboy
01-31-2010, 06:30 AM
I think there are several FAs that both Gailey and George Cortez could work with:

Charlie Whitehurst
Brodie Croyle
Kellen Clemons
David Carr
Kyle Boller (who Cortez worked with at California)

All might be a better option than

a) Signing Vick meaning the OL would need to pass protect from the other side
b) Drafting a rookie and throwing him to the Wolves with p*** poor pass protection

Night Train
01-31-2010, 06:45 AM
Vick made one good throw against Dallas and not much else this year.

We're still basing the evals on what he did with Atlanta 3 years ago...and he had a lot of holes in his game then.

Throw in all the baggage and regardless how we feel, I seriously doubt he's a target.

SquishDaFish
01-31-2010, 06:46 AM
Im with OP and BillsWin on this one. Thats the same way Ive always thought about him and the reason I never liked him as a QB and now with the dogs I really hate him. Hes an athlete plain and simple and should just be a RB or WR.

mayotm
01-31-2010, 07:57 AM
I think there are several FAs that both Gailey and George Cortez could work with:

Charlie Whitehurst
Brodie Croyle
Kellen Clemons
David Carr
Kyle Boller (who Cortez worked with at California)

All might be a better option than

a) Signing Vick meaning the OL would need to pass protect from the other side
b) Drafting a rookie and throwing him to the Wolves with p*** poor pass protectionThat's a depressing list. Given those choices, I'd go with Whitehurst. Unlike the others, at least he hasn't been given the opportunity to show that he sucks.

alohabillsfan
01-31-2010, 09:02 AM
new off season plan, new
OT, DT, LB, RB, DE,
Play them all, '

Start trent, when he gets hurt finish with Brohm then draft a QB next year

Mr. Pink
01-31-2010, 09:51 AM
If we can work out a contract for Vick for like 2 to 3 years low salary/heavy incentive I'd be all for it. I wouldn't make the trade just to pick up his ridiculous option because frankly right now he's not worth it.

He'll help us win a few games and in my time of remembering him play he didn't cost the Falcons any games. His stats never have been spectacular outside of the running totals but he gets it done on the field, well did.

He'd work well as a stopgap qb til we got and developed our QB of the future, theoretically.

MikeInRoch
01-31-2010, 09:56 AM

Why do you assume that "win now" is possible?