• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Going to the Caps/Lightning game tomorrow

with my brothers and my dad. One of my brothers gave us all tickets as a Christmas gift.

The Lightning suck but I'm sure St Louis and Lecavalier will be fun to watch, plus Ovechkin. Of course, I want the Caps to lose, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut. Since they started winning, a lot of drunks with nothing better to do pose as Caps fans.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Going to the Caps/Lightning game tomorrow

Could you root for Washington while at the game?
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp
      Could you root for Washington while at the game?
      Nah. First of all, the Sabres are 7 points behind them and have two tough games coming up, so it's better for the Sabres if they lose.

Second, I have zero respect for Caps "fans." For the first 5 or 6 years I lived here, no one cared about the Caps. Their arena would be at about 50% capacity on weekdays and maybe 2/3 capacity on weekends. When the Sabres were in town, I used to buy tickets from season ticket holders for less than face value. And I NEVER saw people wearing Caps merch just around town. But since Ovechkin and the unlikely run to make the playoffs in 07-08, the city is suddenly full of Caps "fans." The arena is full of people wearing brand new Caps merch every night. It just bothers me. Of course, every team is going to be more popular when they are winning than when they are losing, but the Caps "fans" take it to a ridiculous level.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bufftp
        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Nah. First of all, the Sabres are 7 points behind them and have two tough games coming up, so it's better for the Sabres if they lose.
        That's the point. If you are rooting for the caps they will lose. The OpIv37 sports curse.
        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
        Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
        - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
        to be led by permanent ideals -
        that is what keeps a man patient
        when the world ignores him,
        and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

Make sure you are the guy who wear's the jersey of a team that isn't playing.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
            Make sure you are the guy who wear's the jersey of a team that isn't playing.
            Ha, didn't do that. I went with a bills throwback t (no one here recognizes it anyway) and dropkick murphys hat.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Slim
              • Apr 2004

Well, the Caps won..

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                with my brothers and my dad. One of my brothers gave us all tickets as a Christmas gift.

The Lightning suck but I'm sure St Louis and Lecavalier will be fun to watch, plus Ovechkin. Of course, I want the Caps to lose, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut. Since they started winning, a lot of drunks with nothing better to do pose as Caps fans.
                I almost kicked this douchebag Caps fans ass in Washington a couple years back when I went to a game there. It was the last game of the regular season and Connollys first game back of the year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  I almost kicked this douchebag Caps fans ass in Washington a couple years back when I went to a game there. It was the last game of the regular season and Connollys first game back of the year.
                  dude I was at that game too. I forgot Connolly was going to play and I remember thinking "Where the hell did that #19 come from? He's pretty damn good."

And that was back when the Caps sucked, before the douchebaggery really started.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                  X